LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-05-2010, 06:13 AM   #1
xanaxonlinexanax

Default Somalia bans the Burka
Area's controlled by the nationalist Islamist allied to the Transitional government. This has nothing to do with challenging people's basic freedoms but everything to do with security. As the terrorist often dress as women and blow themselves up in checkpoints or Military facilities causing huge loss of life and low moral.
The terrorist also force women to wear Burka's. This is a good move not only to show who really runs somalia but to rub it in the face of the fanatics that there is little or nothing they can do about.
Other than blowing themselves, which is of course welcome

A unit of the Ahlu-Suunah Walajam fighters’ a moderate Islamist faction in the Somali capital Mogadishu have on Tuesday commenced an operation to unveil women from the yashmaks they wear on their faces.

After taking away the yashmak from the faces of the Somali women the fighters of Ahlu-Suunah Walajam were burning the yashmaks right in front of the owners.

“The fighters of Ahlu-Suunah Waljama who are vigilantly keeping guard along the Dabka Street, have instructed me to take off the yashmak I was wearing on face, and when I have turn down their instruction they have started to use force to remove the yashmak on my face and they have burnt in front of my eyes” said Halima Yussuf a mother who was traveling towards Bakara market the biggest commercial center in Somalia.

On the other hand the spokesman of Ahlu-Suunah Waljama Sheikh Abdullah Sheikh Abdurrahman Abuu Qadi has declared that this is not an official order from the higher officials of Ahlu-Suunah Waljama.

This operation carried out by the fighters of Ahlu-Suunah Waljama is a new chapter in Somalia.

Ahlu-Suunah waljama has erlaier banned face veils in some regions in central Somalia where they control.

There is great disagreement in wearing of face covers Islamically the highest respected scholar in Egypt late Dandawi has said that there is no where in the Holy Quran where it is said that women should cover their faces.

It is even Islamically forbidden to purchase anything from somebody whose face is covered.

Muslim ladies are merely instructed to avoid any sort of clothing which can expose structure of their bodies. http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...om-face-covers

Any thoughts?

Old 05-05-2010, 06:27 AM   #2
Zugaxxsn

Somalia banning the Burka is like Pygmies banning trees

Old 05-05-2010, 06:41 AM   #3
Biradallo

Somalia banning the Burka is like Pygmies banning trees
Well its happening and a lot of things are changing, i guess you can consider it a reactionary backlash against the terrorist.

---------- Post added 2010-05-04 at 23:55 ----------

Besides in todays battles across Mogadishu we managed to kill an Egyptian Al Qaeda commander.
No surrender to these terrorist and everything they prescribe we shall ban

APA-Mogadishu-(Somalia) An Al Qaeda commander said to be from Egypt was killed in heavy fighting in the Somali capital Mogadishu between the extremist group Al Shabab and the pro-government moderate Islamists late on Monday, APA learns here on Tuesday.

A commander within the Al Shabab militants who asked not to be named because he was not authorized to talk to the media told APA that Sheikh Anwar Mohamed Abubakar was among several fighters killed during Monday’s fighting around the Bakara market in Mogadishu.

“We cannot describe him as a foreigner as he was our brother from Egypt and he died in the fighting. I hope his life will rest in paradise,” he said, adding that Sheikh Abdul Kader Abdi Hussein, another commander was also killed in the fighting.

A spokesman for the moderate Islamists Sheikh Abdullahi Sheik Addirahman Abu Yusuf has claimed that his fighters killed many militants including foreign fighters.

“They suffered heavy losses, but I can confirm the death of the Al Qaeda man from Egypt whose name is Anwar Mohamed Abubakar and the Somali terrorist commander Abdul Kader Abdi Hussein,” the moderate Islamist spokesman told reporters in Mogadishu on Tuesday.

“Our forces are heading to the militant stronghold, the Bakara Market and other districts they control so that people can get freedom” the pro-government moderate Islamist group’s spokesman added.

The militants have been fighting the Somali government for the past three years in a bid to topple the internationally-backed Transitional Federal Government and instead establish an Islamic state in Somalia, like what existed in Afghanistan before the fall of the Taliban in 2001.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
Uciaucrx

Just a question that comes from my ignorance on the topic. I though the burka was used only in Afganistan. How widespread is that thing in Africa and the Middle East?

Old 05-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
chuviskkk

Its the Saudis that fund and spread it... the burka was never part of the Somali culture, as women used to always go without covering their faces back home until Saudi inspired wahhabism took hold.

Next thing is to ban the Shmagh and white robe these arab wannabe talibans wear.

http://iliyanamohamed.files.wordpres...2ed3b312be.jpg

Reply to Thread New Thread