LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
DrJonson

Default Do you prefer to know if a White person is racist or prefer not to know?
Race complicates interpersonal dealings. By making us pause to think about possible racial reactions, race introduces a factor that would not otherwise be present. Interracial dealings are difficult to avoid so we must all form rules of thumb to help us deal with them. Dealings with white people can, for various reasons, be some of the most complex, confusing and potentially cruel and crippling of all interracial dealings. In relation to this, my question is: Do you prefer to know that a particular white person is a racist* or do you prefer not to know?

*There's an obvious irony in my use of "racist" so soon after a post in which I celebrate people's growing desensitization to the accusation, but despite standing by what I said there, I acknowledge that the term "racism" is not without foundation.

I will answer this question in the affirmative: I prefer to know. I'm not bothered by whites hating my race, or hating me for belonging to it, or thinking themselves better than me, in the abstract. That is, I'm not bothered that such feelings exist "out there" in society. Nor am I bothered if I learn that a particular white person is a racist. This knowledge will affect how or whether I deal with him, but simply learning that he is not something that would in itself bother me. But I would be annoyed and potentially hurt to learn that a white I had been having dealings with and had had no reason to think or suspect was a racist surprised me by turning out to be one. That is why I prefer to know.

Depending on the strength of a racists feelings, I'll decide how close I want to get. If it's only a sense of racial pride in himself and he means no malice, then I'd be quite happy to associate with him even if he used the classic slurs ("dago" "wop" "greaseball") to me to my face or about people like me. If it's more than that, and he actively hates my kind and is very malicious in his put-downs, that's a little different, and I can't think I'd have any reason to want to be around someone who hates me; provided his was non-violent, though, I'd still have business dealings wit him and I wouldn't go out of my to blacken his name or anything. I draw the line at hardcore political racists, like neo-nazis. I will have nothing to do with them (and that even despite being a mild racial "separatist" myself -- separatist in the sense of "demographic management," giving people space to be around their own kind and planning for it in cooperation with other groups etc, just to help us live better, not to hurt anyone).

Unfortunately, few whites will share this knowledge with you! You have to coax it out of them. That is why I "talk race" a lot, in an effort to encourage whites to have these conversations.

On the other hand, I can think of plenty of reasons to prefer not to know, ie to prefer whites kept their racial feelings to themselves.

ps - Yes, some think of people like me as "white" ourselves. You can include me in your definition of white if you like, but I wrote the above with respect to the traditional meaning of white in America, WASP/Germanic.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
vodaPlaps

People of every race are racist...so idk why you singled out white people.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
FloareTraurne

Read the post, it's in the first paragraph.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
neotheMit

If they aren't actively trying to harm me, or hinder me in some way, I do not care whether a white person is racist or not. If we can get business done with no problems or trouble, I do not care.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
ConoMadura

No problem if that person stays far away from me.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
Aqgkvwzm

If they aren't actively trying to harm me, or hinder me in some way, I do not care whether a white person is racist or not. If we can get business done with no problems or trouble, I do not care.
I understand that you don't care, but do you prefer to know if they are or prefer not to know?

---------- Post added 2012-07-01 at 03:31 ----------

No problem if that person stays far away from me.
But do you prefer to know if someone is, or do you prefer not to know? Which is your preference?

Old 07-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
feqlmwtuqx

But do you prefer to know if someone is, or do you prefer not to know? Which is your preference?
Yes, so I can be aware of him/her

Old 07-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #8
TubOppomo

I understand that you don't care, but do you prefer to know if they are or prefer not to know?
For curiosities sake I guess I would prefer to know?

Old 07-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #9
DavidQD

Yes, so I can be aware of him/her
If you knew that someone was and that person, as you put it, "came near you," would you do something to him, or simply remain alert to anything he might do/say?

Old 07-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #10
emingeRek

If you knew that someone was and that person, as you put it, "came near you," would you do something to him, or simply remain alert to anything he might do/say?
The latter

Old 07-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #11
Kliopeion

For curiosities sake I guess I would prefer to know?
Would this knowledge change the way you deal with this person?

If you didn't know perhaps you might get along better.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #12
nretdjuend

Would this knowledge change the way you deal with this person?

If you didn't know perhaps you might get along better.
It would change how I thought of them yes. But I treat people well who treat me well in turn. Our dealings would only turn negative if that person dealt with me in a negative way.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #13
Enjoymms

I know I wrote a somewhat lengthy post on it, but I don't claim to have all the answers. It's something I've wondered about quite a lot. My feeling used to be that it would be better not to know. If they just keep their feelings to themselves and I never find out I will have a lot less to worry about. That's how I used to see it.

Anti-racist society is based on this idea, at least once you dig deeper. On the surface, the principle is that whites don't have any racial feelings (anymore, except for a few "crazies"), but we all eventually learn that that is BS. Of course they have them. (Imo, they should be allowed and encouraged to. I mean, lol, whites are people too, right?*) So anti-racist society implicitly believes (ie it doesn't admit it believes this) that those feelings should be kept hidden.

[*See my next post down. This came out wrong.]

Old 07-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #14
Indidockobeni

I know I wrote a somewhat lengthy post on it, but I don't claim to have all the answers. It's something I've wondered about quite a lot. My feeling used to be that it would be better not to know. If they just keep their feelings to themselves and I never find out I will have a lot less to worry about. That's how I used to see it.

Anti-racist society is based on this idea, at least once you dig deeper. On the surface, the principle is that whites don't have any racial feelings (anymore, except for a few "crazies"), but we all eventually learn that that is BS. Of course they have them. (Imo, they should be allowed and encouraged to. I mean, lol, whites are people too, right?) So anti-racist society implicitly believes (ie it doesn't admit it believes this) that those feelings should be kept hidden.
If people have those feelings, they must be ready for responses and don't complain.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #15
Ingeborga

Ah, that was my fault. I didn't mean to encourage them to "be racist." I meant they should be allowed and encouraged to have positive feelings towards themselves. I didn't mean to sound like I was suggesting that they should hate other people. I didn't phrase that well at all.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #16
onlineslotetes

If he does not like my people, I would keep that in my mind when dealing with him but I wouldn't hate him for it.

But how will you coax it from them? No one will say I'm racist in front of you.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #17
PekHyvac

If he does not like my people, I would keep that in my mind when dealing with him but I wouldn't hate him for it.

But how will you coax it from them? No one will say I'm racist in front of you.
Oh I've had quite a few people admit it. Not in those exact words, as in "Yeah, okay, I'm a racist, I confess it." These are people I've gotten to know over a period of time, though, so I've been able to steer the conversation towards race and made it obvious that I'm "okay with racism" and they basically just go along with it and it becomes clear they're pretty racist. I suppose there's a "you and I against the rest of them" aspect to it, particularly when it comes to blacks, but I'm pretty sure some of them have felt the same away about my kind but just decided it's best not to say something about it to my face.

"Hate," as in "hate him for it" is a pretty strong feeling, but wouldn't you dislike the guy at least a little bit? I tend to, even though I like to believe that I'm fine with racism. I think the ones I dislike the most are the people who only ever have negative things to say about other groups. The ones that say even very nasty things but also balance it out by saying nice things I find much more likable. My barber is like this. If I get him going he will curse the living fuck out of everyone, sometimes in a very nasty way, and I have no doubt he's said the same things about my kind when I'm not there. But he claims to hate verbal racial abuse to people's faces, so to me that makes up for it.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #18
jojocomok

Race complicates interpersonal dealings. By making us pause to think about possible racial reactions, race introduces a factor that would not otherwise be present. Interracial dealings are difficult to avoid so we must all form rules of thumb to help us deal with them. Dealings with white people can, for various reasons, be some of the most complex, confusing and potentially cruel and crippling of all interracial dealings. In relation to this, my question is: Do you prefer to know that a particular white person is a racist* or do you prefer not to know?

*There's an obvious irony in my use of "racist" so soon after a post in which I celebrate people's growing desensitization to the accusation, but despite standing by what I said there, I acknowledge that the term "racism" is not without foundation.

I will answer this question in the affirmative: I prefer to know. I'm not bothered by whites hating my race, or hating me for belonging to it, or thinking themselves better than me, in the abstract. That is, I'm not bothered that such feelings exist "out there" in society. Nor am I bothered if I learn that a particular white person is a racist. This knowledge will affect how or whether I deal with him, but simply learning that he is not something that would in itself bother me. But I would be annoyed and potentially hurt to learn that a white I had been having dealings with and had had no reason to think or suspect was a racist surprised me by turning out to be one. That is why I prefer to know.

Depending on the strength of a racists feelings, I'll decide how close I want to get. If it's only a sense of racial pride in himself and he means no malice, then I'd be quite happy to associate with him even if he used the classic slurs ("dago" "wop" "greaseball") to me to my face or about people like me. If it's more than that, and he actively hates my kind and is very malicious in his put-downs, that's a little different, and I can't think I'd have any reason to want to be around someone who hates me; provided his was non-violent, though, I'd still have business dealings wit him and I wouldn't go out of my to blacken his name or anything. I draw the line at hardcore political racists, like neo-nazis. I will have nothing to do with them (and that even despite being a mild racial "separatist" myself -- separatist in the sense of "demographic management," giving people space to be around their own kind and planning for it in cooperation with other groups etc, just to help us live better, not to hurt anyone).

Unfortunately, few whites will share this knowledge with you! You have to coax it out of them. That is why I "talk race" a lot, in an effort to encourage whites to have these conversations.

On the other hand, I can think of plenty of reasons to prefer not to know, ie to prefer whites kept their racial feelings to themselves.

ps - Yes, some think of people like me as "white" ourselves. You can include me in your definition of white if you like, but I wrote the above with respect to the traditional meaning of white in America, WASP/Germanic.
ALL WHITE PEOPLE ARE RACIST

Remember. You can get certain snakes that will kill you with one bite within 5-10 minutes. Other snakes are harmless but just because you have been bitten by harmless adder, you have not changed it's nature.

IT'S STILL A SNAKE.

In having been on the planet for 3.5 million years or longer, what is it white people think we haven't done or experienced that isn't encoded in our DNA ?

How did white people suddenly become geniuses over night when just 500 years ago they still thought the world was flat while our people were doing cataract eye surgery in Timbuktu ?

Remember

The history of white people has never actually been one where they just came in and did a Rambo. No, that has never been the method. The method has always been one where they came in pretending to be somebody's friend, learned their ways, learned their language, learned their customs, hooked up with their men or women....and then, POW !!!

All I have to go by is the history, the deceit, the trickery, the underhandedness...and most of all

WHITE PEOPLE'S OWN HISTORY

Because in conclusion, If whites have never ever treated their own people right, I would have to be totally out of my Afrakan mind to think that I would be treated any better than they would treat their own

This is where things get sticky...because anyone who studies European history would be forced to ask themselves the question of;

Why is it that there is no history of whites as a people ever having something in their history called "PEACE TIME" ?

Only whites have a history of death and destruction among themselves. Whites have been and still are an enemy to their own people, so what does that make them to mines...to me and my babies ?

Has anyone checked the slave burial grounds in New York, Liverpool, Caribbean and other places ?

They weren't adults buried there worked to death, they were children.
  • Right now the water is messed up....only 1% is drinkable on the entire earth....thanks to what people ?
  • The air is messed up, thanks to what people ?
  • The earth is messed up, thanks to what people ?
Now they are raising hell about the dangers of all the space junk up there...thanks to what people ?

This is now critical because everybody needs air, water and land in order to survive and sadly it is white people that have done this. White people are a living cancer they have infected and destroyed everything that they have touched.

My posts are very factual and do not I hate them. What I do say is that I consider them based upon their history past and present, to be my enemy. I don't trust them. Their history has too many examples of those who did and paid the price for it...cut and dry.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #19
Yb4bulVR

If they're strangers, I don't care. If a white person is trying to feign a friendship with me, then obviously I would rather know whether that person is a racist, so I can cut ties as soon as possible. I had a fallout with a white "friend" many years ago, and when that happened, the fraud resorted to calling me ethnic and racial slurs. I would not like to be made a fool out of, again.

Old 07-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #20
atmowasia

I only would like to know if they were racist if they were my friends or anything. But even if he/she is racist, they will justify by saying something like "you're not like the others"

Reply to Thread New Thread