LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 12-22-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
SOgLak

Default White American vs White European (Western) women, who care more about race in dating?
My first time posting here, lurked for the past 2 weeks, found you guys are really good with race talk so I decided to put this one up since many of you would be able to give good insight about it. Since White females are the significant majority in both areas, I am going to make them the topic of discussion.

You will say, WELL western european countries are different man! I will say, the deep south and Northeast don't have that much in common either.

Here are all the countries included in Western Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Europe

In my experience growing up as your typical American kid in Alabama in the 80s and early 90s, race was a pretty big issue then. Fights in school happened very often because of it. Despite the fights, interracial relationships between White women and Black men were not out of the norm. Visiting my town now, race relations have really improved.

Before I visited my town, I had the opportunity to go to college in the well renowned Northeast and live in the highly desired west coast (California). I thought interracial relationships were going to be common and everyone was going to be accepting, boy was I wrong.

In going to college in the Northeast and dating women (most being White), often talks of preferences came up. Many did say they would not date an Asian or Muslim man ever, some said they would sleep with a Black man but marriage is way out of the question. Having friends who are Asian and Brown living up there, they have told me women have said directly to their face they are not into their kind.

Dating surveys done OFTEN support what I have seen. With Asian and Indian (I count them as Asian too) men finishing at the bottom for most women.

Now from the years 2006-2010 (towards the end I left), I had the opportunity to live and work in Europe and go the various countries there. The various interracial couples I met kinda did shock me. Here in the US, seeing a Brown guy (not Latino but the other kind of Brown) with a White Blonde wife is like seeing big foot, in Western Europe I met a few couples like this.

Talking to women from there, I often noticed that whenever the talk of race did come up, they said they date men based on character and other factors than race. As an American, I was shocked.

You guys seem to have a lot of experience with this, give your insight on it.

In my experience, my Brown friend (who told me it is okay if I put his picture up), would not ever be able to attract a girl like this in the USA.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
Pcodaygs

must say the poll results shock me, at least from my experience

Old 12-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
DuesTyr

Americans have an history with racial dating who is very weird . It was forbidden in the past.

In europe we don't have that . So peoples don't care about that .

Old 12-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #4
laperuzdfhami

In my experience Euro women (Spanish, French, Slovenia and Italian; my personal resume) go crazy for phenos like mine. Not the case in America.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #5
Stoniaanapy

White American women>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> White European women.

There's more of a privledge incentive to be White in the US compared to being White in Europe.

BTW, that woman's arms are mad hairy, lol.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #6
zilsolley3

In my experience Euro women (Spanish, French, Slovenia and Italian; my personal resume) go crazy for phenos like mine. Not the case in America.
How would you describe your pheno?

Old 12-28-2011, 09:34 AM   #7
PhillipHer

There's more of a priveledge incentive to be White in the US compared to being White in Europe.
In what it's the priveledge to be white in USA ?

Old 12-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #8
GennadiyRom

Wow, the poll changed votes QUICKLY.

I mean QUICK.

REAL QUICK.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:38 AM   #9
Sleedyhex

In what it's the priveledge to be white in USA ?
In laymans terms, it's being on top of the social standing in the US.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:40 AM   #10
hwood

Being a Black man yourself, I am sure more than a few women who are White have wanted to experiment with you.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #11
melissa

Being a Black man yourself, I am sure more than a few women who are White have wanted to experiment with you.
Yes, they have

Old 12-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #12
SpeavaJap

@ Hoxx: I usually leave that for people to decide. My profile states how people here classified me.

http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/showthread.php?t=26967

Old 12-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #13
RIjdrVs3

Unlike Europe?

Old 12-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #14
LoohornePharp

White American women>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> White European women.

There's more of a privledge incentive to be White in the US compared to being White in Europe.

French Canadian women tend to be better looking on average, though.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #15
blenIgnigeSef

I do not know about European women much, but what I can say about American women is that as long as the individual from a particular ethnic minority is successful financially or through educational means, they will be more likely to date and even marry outside of their Anglo-American group. Basically, it's measuring up to the economic and social level of the Anglo-American.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #16
itititit

Yes, they have
Don't see why you are complaining about it

Old 12-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #17
averkif

But Constantone mainly talks about Indian/S. Asian men.

Are Lebanese and Armenians in USA seen as a different race?

Old 12-28-2011, 09:49 AM   #18
Garry Richardson

Unlike Europe?
Come on now. Non White minorities are less than 5% of most European countries, and mostly came to Europe in the last 20 years. The US has always had a significant African descended population which was always around 10-12% of the population.

There's no priviledge to be White in European countries, because the term White has no meaning because there are no significant populations of non European type people like in the US, which is 34% non White.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #19
rNr5Di3S

I do not know about European women much, but what I can say about American women is that as long as the individual from a particular ethnic minority is successful financially or through educational means, they will be more likely to date and even marry outside of their Anglo-American group. Basically, it's measuring up to the economic and social level of the Anglo-American.
True. Interracial relationships often happen in college here people are exposed to diverse populations often for the first time.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #20
Ibrattnofich

I believe you might be referring to this:

Article by Peggy McIntosh: White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack
http://nymbp.org/reference/WhitePrivilege.pdf

Reply to Thread New Thread