LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
cheaploans

Default Black Monday
or tuesday, wednesday, whatever.

how is andy reid still your coach eagle fans?

Old 03-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #2
bonyclayd

He's made this owner rich, that's how.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #3
Tainlyferfara

He's made this owner rich, that's how.
This is pretty ignorant. Whether Reid or someone else was the HC, the Eagles would still be raking in a lot of money. While Reid's performance this year was terrible, Lurie is loyal to him and it's not about money.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
Alice_Medichi34

This is pretty ignorant. Whether Reid or someone else was the HC, the Eagles would still be raking in a lot of money. While Reid's performance this year was terrible, Lurie is loyal to him and it's not about money.
Its not about winning either..

BAZINGA!!!

Old 03-01-2012, 11:49 PM   #5
Tainlyferfara

Its not about winning either..

BAZINGA!!!
Yeah, Andy Reid doesn't win in the NFL. Lurie thinks Reid gives them the best shot at winning next year...new coach isn't going to seal the deal next year. If your argument is it doesn't matter and it should be about 2-3 years from now then I have no argument.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #6
bonyclayd

Gee whiz, why would I ever think that an owner who went from watching his team get blacked out (or threatened to be blacked out) almost once a season to seeing every remaining ticket gobbled up the day tickets go on sale be motivated by money to keep his coach?

It's foolish to suggest that money isn't part of the equation. It's not the only reason, but the fact that he's padded Lurie's wallet substantially can't be overlooked.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #7
Tainlyferfara

Gee whiz, why would I ever think that an owner who went from watching his team get blacked out (or threatened to be blacked out) almost once a season to seeing every remaining ticket gobbled up the day tickets go on sale be motivated by money to keep his coach?

It's foolish to suggest that money isn't part of the equation. It's not the only reason, but the fact that he's padded Lurie's wallet substantially can't be overlooked.
The Redskins have won 2 playoff games in 18 years and are the second most valuable franchise in the league. While being good helps, it's nothing compared to just being a part of the most popular league.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:48 AM   #8
bonyclayd

The Redskins have won 2 playoff games in 18 years and are the second most valuable franchise in the league. While being good helps, it's nothing compared to just being a part of the most popular league.
Value equations have more to do with the brand, recognition, and TV markets than ticket revenues. You do not address the statement I made.

The fact is, the Eagles are probably still the hottest ticket in town. They weren't under Kotite and Rhodes, the other coaches Lurie has known.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:00 AM   #9
amusaasyday

Fuck You.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:26 AM   #10
Tainlyferfara

Fuck You.
That's what I'm talking about.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:26 AM   #11
Tainlyferfara

Value equations have more to do with the brand, recognition, and TV markets than ticket revenues. You do not address the statement I made.

The fact is, the Eagles are probably still the hottest ticket in town. They weren't under Kotite and Rhodes, the other coaches Lurie has known.
I apologize for calling your argument ignorant, it probably has some merit but I feel it is very little. Lurie was worried about money he could can Reid and hire Gruden and increase the cash flow...this is the dan snyder mold.

Reply to Thread New Thread