LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
CarmenSanches

Default The Tim Tebow Situation
With the firing of McDaniels in Denver - and the lack of use of Tebow, being a 1st round pick - it seems likely that the next coach will willingly jettison Tebow.

So the question then becomes, can this guy actually become a QB (or other position) at the NFL level? And on that, the jury is out.

However, Tebow needs the right situation to have a chance. He'd need to go to a team where you have the following combination:

A solid starter in place for the next 2-3 years.
A solid running game (so as to not have to rely on his arm).
A good QB coach.

And there's an obvious answer that fits the criteria. Jacksonville.

Garrard is in his early 30's. They are one of the top running teams in the league. Mike Shula is the QB coach there (and has been for 4 years). And the 2nd stringer is a journeyman (Trent Edwards).

Jacksonville also would play into Tebow's fan base, and help sell tickets.

If J-ville offers a mid-round pick, Denver will likely bite. If Denver cuts him outright, even better for the Jags.

Thoughts?

Old 08-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
hictchewisa

Very well thought out.

That does sound like an ideal situation for him.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #3
twiffatticy

I agree. I would like to see Tebow at least get a chance to show what he has out there. I would actually like to see him come to DC though. That would add so much entertainment! Wow, that would be fun.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:58 PM   #4
zoolissentesy

Very well thought out.

That does sound like an ideal situation for him.
Biggest concern would be if JVille wants to move to LA (or elsewhere). Then bringing in Tebow would counter that by upping attendance.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #5
RG3rGWcA

I wonder if McDaniels will land anywhere in the offseason and try to bring Tebow in?

Old 08-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #6
Mifsnavassy

no. he sucks.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
MackBranon

I wonder if McDaniels will land anywhere in the offseason and try to bring Tebow in?
Doubtful on bringing Tebow along.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #8
cholleyhomeob

Here's a fun thought.

If you are Tebow, and you really want to re-develop yourself, who do you go to? Who do you want in your corner, giving you advice and helping you with mechanics and such?

Old 08-13-2010, 12:04 AM   #9
phsyalcvqh

Why does it seem likely that the next coach will want to get rid of Tebow?

Old 08-13-2010, 12:12 AM   #10
maonnjtip

Was McDaniels the huge Tebow fan that lobbied for him? Or was the GM the one that was for Tebow?

Old 08-13-2010, 12:28 AM   #11
qzgCVHex

Was McDaniels the huge Tebow fan that lobbied for him? Or was the GM the one that was for Tebow?
It seemed to me like McDaniels thought he could develop him.

An interesting factor that could be thrown into this equation is if Jon Gruden lands a job somewhere and if he'd want to bring Tebow there -- since Gruden has openly said he likes Tebow.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:33 AM   #12
RorieSorNearop

It seemed to me like McDaniels thought he could develop him.

An interesting factor that could be thrown into this equation is if Jon Gruden lands a job somewhere and if he'd want to bring Tebow there -- since Gruden has openly said he likes Tebow.
then i hope he goes to dallas. because tebow fucking sucks.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:39 AM   #13
vodaPlaps

then i hope he goes to dallas. because tebow fucking sucks.
With how that team has reacted to Garrett, I think Garrett deserves a shot to coach that team for a full season. But Jones would probably fuck Garrett over in favor of a big name head coach.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:41 PM   #14
Htb48JBf

Much like most Monday mornings, I was thinking about Tim Tebow today. And seeing as Cam Newton might be Tebow with a stronger arm, I was wondering where Newton will end up in the NFL draft. Coupled with the success of scramblers like Mike Vick and Detroit beating Green Bay while running the option a handful of times, could Newton be a top 10 pick.

And could you imagine both Cam Newton and Tim Tebow on the same team? They could be either unstoppable or a total failure. Either way, I'd like to see it.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:43 PM   #15
peemovvie

Much like most Monday mornings, I was thinking about Tim Tebow today. And seeing as Cam Newton might be Tebow with a stronger arm, I was wondering where Newton will end up in the NFL draft. Coupled with the success of scramblers like Mike Vick and Detroit beating Green Bay while running the option a handful of times, could Newton be a top 10 pick.

And could you imagine both Cam Newton and Tim Tebow on the same team? They could be either unstoppable or a total failure. Either way, I'd like to see it.
Broncos + Zone Blocking + Double Wildcat = Mind Blown.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:00 PM   #16
durootrium

McDaniels was incharge of all player decisions IIRC

Old 12-13-2010, 09:00 PM   #17
CGECngjA

When McDaniels gets another OC job, it will be interesting to see if Tebow rumors start there.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:20 PM   #18
Staillateno

If J-ville offers a mid-round pick, Denver will likely bite. If Denver cuts him outright, even better for the Jags.

Thoughts?
Denver does not let this guy walk for a mid-round pick. He's the only thing that keeps them relevant. Plus not after 1 year where we haven't seen what he could do and not with as much amnesty as this guy seems to have. Plus Orton is a FA after this year.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:21 PM   #19
TeapseTic

Tebow scores like 1:4 touches he gets. You can't argue with that production.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #20
nakeseireo

jesus. this should have ended when he graduated. then this idiot mcdaniels goes and reaches 5 rounds too high for him and it keeps on going. the dude sucks. he has no chance to be any sort of prolonged career as a starting qb. see smith, alex.

Reply to Thread New Thread