LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
mrPronmaker

Default Interesting Stallworth story.......
For those who think he got off easy.........

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...ndchance081210

Old 08-14-2010, 07:34 PM   #2
cl004

An interesting read. He got the charge he deserved, I think it was the sentencing that most people were outraged about. However, as the article said, Stallworth could've gotten off with no time served and no felony on his record had he fought it. I commend him for owning his mistake and making it a learning opportunity. I hope he continues to reach out to Reyes' family and has in some way compensated them financially.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
occurrini

Good article.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #4
gdjfhdf

Althought he was legally drunk, this incident prob would have occured either way. This guy should have never been running across a major highway like he did.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
KLhdfskja

Althought he was legally drunk, this incident prob would have occured either way. This guy should have never been running across a major highway like he did.
Agreed. It's just not that many people have the moral fiber to NOT try to worm/weasel their way out of trouble.

I don't know how accurate this story is. If true, it's an admirable trait that Stallworth exhibited here, and something I wish daily that more people would do.

"I did that, that's my fault".

Nobody does this anymore.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:40 PM   #6
jinnamys

Agreed. It's just not that many people have the moral fiber to NOT try to worm/weasel their way out of trouble.

I don't know how accurate this story is. If true, it's an admirable trait that Stallworth exhibited here, and something I wish daily that more people would do.

"I did that, that's my fault".

Nobody does this anymore.
I def respect Stallworth. People think he should have been punished harsher, but he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He will def feel the affects of this from the NFL and it hurt him finanically big time.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:53 PM   #7
TheBest-Host

I think had Donte been sober at the time he would have had little trouble telling his legal team to fight and fight hard for him. That would have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. This was that, but more. Donte made the choice to get in the car and drive after having consumed adult beverages and for whatever reason explicable he paid for his actions by killing a man and owning up to his actions as a result.

I definitely think based on this story he's a great stand up citizen who had a bad thing happen to him.

As much as I should learn from this, I wonder if I really will. I question my own character here.

Reply to Thread New Thread