LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-23-2010, 11:05 PM   #1
genna

Default Rogers Stops DUI Driver
Cleveland Browns nose guard Shaun "Big Baby" Rogers provided a big assist to police, helping them catch a drunk driver.

Rogers, who recently received probation to resolve a case where he was caught with a loaded gun at the Cleveland airport, called 911 on Thursday after noticing an "erratic driver," according to WJW-TV.

"The occupants appear to be either very sleepy or drunk," Rogers told the dispatcher. "He's run off the road several times swerving across, they're driving on a flat tire right now."

Rogers remained on the phone, followed the car and pulled behind the driver to warn other drivers.

"Mr. Rogers positioned himself behind that vehicle and turned his emergency flashers on to notify other drivers that there was an emergency on the road, and I don't know what would've happened had he not done that," Middleburg Heights police chief John Maddox said.

As a result of Rogers' intervention, police arrested 20-year-old John Nykiel and charged him with driving under the influence and operating an unsafe vehicle.

"I thought his actions were above and beyond and I wanted to express to him as chief of police how much we appreciate what he did that night he helped keep Middleburg Heights safe," Maddox said.

Kudos to Rogers for a brave act of citizenship.

I bet this is the only guy the Cleveland Browns D is able to stop this year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...h_drunk_driver

Reply to Thread New Thread