LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 12-14-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
elektikaka

Default Williams v. Bush
Anyone still think the Texans were the biggest idiots ever for taking Williams over Bush?

Bush has another so-so year and Williams is now near the top of the league in sacks.

I don't by any means think the argument is over as both have a lot of growing left to do as players, but I don't think anyone can still say Houston was ridiculously stupid for their pick anymore.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:06 PM   #2
deackatera

Bush has definitely not lived up to his expectations. They often say running back is the easiest position for a college player to transition to in the NFL, where as they typically say at defensive lineman takes two to three years to develop.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:14 PM   #3
DoniandaCoado

Bush has definitely not lived up to his expectations. They often say running back is the easiest position for a college player to transition to in the NFL, where as they typically say at defensive lineman takes two to three years to develop.
I have always thought the Texans were smart in thier pick. Alot of mock drafts I read (I know it is early) have NO taking an other RB in the draft.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:56 PM   #4
DeilMikina

I have always thought the Texans were smart in thier pick. Alot of mock drafts I read (I know it is early) have NO taking an other RB in the draft.
Agreed. If you have a top defensive or offensive lineman, they can play at a high-quality level for 15 years. A running back, you're looking at about 8-10 years.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:02 AM   #5
wheettebott

i was thinking the same thing last night. i definately thought williams would be good, but also thought it was a crazy pick by houston over a potential stud rb. still too early to tell, but for now it looks like the texans got the last laugh.

Reply to Thread New Thread