LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-23-2007, 07:55 PM   #1
_tppga_

Default New 'Romo' Rule
Charean Williams, of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the NFL's competition committee is proposing a rule, to be voted on at the league's spring meetings, to increase the amount of time kicking balls are prepared before games. The rule would prevent incidents such as the one that occurred in the Dallas Cowboys loss to the Seattle Seahawks in the NFC playoffs, when Dallas QB Tony Romo infamously bobbled a snap on a late-game field goal, allowing the Seahawks to escape with a win. The ball used on the play appeared to be very slick and unused, making it more difficult to handle.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Old 03-23-2007, 07:57 PM   #2
Patabeamn

I love your "romo" description of this.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:10 PM   #3
LSg44PDu

i personally think they should use same ball for kicking/punting/ that they use while playing...(i realize rotate balls, but do we need special "kicking" balls

Old 03-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #4
Nothatspecial

I love your "romo" description of this.
Romo will Rule in 2007

Old 03-23-2007, 08:22 PM   #5
iioijjjkkojhbb

Charean Williams, of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports the NFL's competition committee is proposing a rule, to be voted on at the league's spring meetings, to increase the amount of time kicking balls are prepared before games. The rule would prevent incidents such as the one that occurred in the Dallas Cowboys loss to the Seattle Seahawks in the NFC playoffs, when Dallas QB Tony Romo infamously bobbled a snap on a late-game field goal, allowing the Seahawks to escape with a win. The ball used on the play appeared to be very slick and unused, making it more difficult to handle.

And they know this....how? No ball has ever been bobbled unless it was slippery?

Old 03-23-2007, 08:38 PM   #6
dmoiknlasd

i personally think they should use same ball for kicking/punting/ that they use while playing...(i realize rotate balls, but do we need special "kicking" balls
I'm sure the only reason that QB's, RB's and WR's don't insist on special passing and rushing balls is that it would give the play away.....many football players are very self-important (no big surprise), and kickers are no exception....any way they can be made to feel special, they will do it.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:18 PM   #7
mloversia

I thought 'K balls' didn't have the same amount of air in them as the regular balls.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:20 PM   #8
appletango

They should make the kickers kick a block of cement next. They are too good.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:29 PM   #9
illerlytoindy

Romo Has A Hot Gf And His Own Rule

That Sly F' Er.....

Old 03-29-2007, 06:04 PM   #10
NodePark

The real irony???

Charean Williams, of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo will not be holding for kickers on field goals and extra points next year because he is now the starting quarterback.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:21 PM   #11
WeightWatchyshow

And they know this....how? No ball has ever been bobbled unless it was slippery?
That was my thought too. This rule would have prevented Romo from bobbling that snap? I think that when you have both your hands grasped firmly around your neck you're going to bobble the snap.

Reply to Thread New Thread