LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-25-2007, 03:59 AM   #1
moredasers

Default Great Monday Night Football News!!!!!
Yes, it's worth 5!!!!!

SUNSHINE OUT AT MNF A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that ESPN is yanking analyst Joe Theismann from Monday Night Football. Earlier this year, the network said that the lineup for the weekly NFL broadcast would returned unchanged in 2007. Per the source, the likely replacement for Theismann is Ron Jaworski, who performed well (despite wearing ladies' glasses) during the back half of a season-opening Monday night doubleheader and who currently is handling booth duties for the ESPN/ABC coverage of the Arena Football League. It's unknown whether Theismann will be reassigned to other ESPN NFL-related shows, or possibly to ESPN's college football coverage. After Mike Patrick and Paul Maguire weren't shifted with Theismann from Sunday night to Monday night, Patrick and Maguire landed with the network's NCAA broadcasts. The problem, as we understand it, is that Theismann received a lucrative contract in the waning days of Mark Shapiro's tenure, and the network is unlikely to eat the balance of it. We're told that there are at least two years remaining on the deal. Per a source with knowledge of the in-house dynamics at ESPN, Theismann and Tony Kornheiser didn't mix well, and there's a school of thought that Kornheiser would be better without having to worry about tiptoeing on eggshells with Theismann. (And we agree with that. Completely.) The information came to us in response to an item we posted earlier on Saturday indicating that ESPN had offered a spot on Monday Night Football to former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells. Stay tuned.

Old 03-25-2007, 04:15 AM   #2
aabbaDE

Old 03-25-2007, 05:09 AM   #3
Avgustslim

Maguire was especially terrible on college games this past season. I swear, I think he was drunk every broadcast. If they move Theismann to college, I'll never watch another game on ABC.

Old 03-25-2007, 05:18 AM   #4
ordercigsnick

I like Jaworski, good replacement.

Old 03-25-2007, 06:07 AM   #5
QYD8eQ8F

Theismann: What, they are releasing me, don't they know I was an NFL quarterback that won the Superbowl with only one bar as a facemask and held for extra points?"

Reply to Thread New Thread