LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-02-2006, 05:15 AM   #1
Vobomei

Default Chad Johnson swung at Marvin Lewis
CHAD TOOK SWING AT MARVIN per profootballtalk.com
A league source tells us that multiple members of the Cincinnati Bengals witnessed a troubling incident as the team prepared to take the field for the second half of Sunday's playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Per the source, the last few minutes of intermission were ticking away, when the players were startled by the sight and sound of a helmet slamming against the glass pane of the training room door. Inside, receiver Chad Johnson and receivers coach Hue Jackson were engaged in an altercation. At one point, Johnson was seen holding Jackson in a headlock. Coach Marvin Lewis entered the training room to intervene, and Johnson (per the source) took a swing at him. Eventually, receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh broke up the skirmish, within a minute or so of the team exiting the locker room for the second half. On Monday, several members of the team pointed to the Johnson-Jackson-Lewis incident as the catalyst for the loss of a 17-14 halftime lead and, ultimately, a 31-17 defeat. Word is that Johnson was unhappy with the lack of balls thrown to him in the first half. A total of three passes came his way, with two completions. In the second half, another three passes were thrown to Johnson, with only two more completions. For the game, Johnson had four catches for 59 yards. The incident could have an even more lasting impact on the team than quarterback Carson Palmer's torn ACL and MCL. Some players, we're told, don't want to see Johnson back next year, and there's a belief that the team will be less inclined to give in to Johnson's request for a hefty restructuring of a contract that expires after the 2009 season. So the Chad Johnson saga very well could evolve into the 2006 version of the Terrell Owens fiasco. If so, it's very bad news for a franchise that otherwise looked to have a very bright future.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:18 AM   #2
Si8jy8HN

Not at all, Chad is different. His Td Celebrations and antics aren't about him, they're to make the game fun.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:26 AM   #3
cajonnmu

No, I see the similarities. I'd say Chad Johnson turns into a complete jackass (i.e. Terrell Owens) by the end of next season. Same egotistical me-first attitude. Enjoy playing in Oakland in two years, CJ. Pretty soon, we will be all referring to him as CJ.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:28 AM   #4
Efonukmp

That's a very disturbing story. Some people don't realize how good they have it till its gone.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:32 AM   #5
Reafnartefs

No, I see the similarities. I'd say Chad Johnson turns into a complete jackass (i.e. Terrell Owens) by the end of next season. Same egotistical me-first attitude. Enjoy playing in Oakland in two years, CJ. Pretty soon, we will be all referring to him as CJ.
Come on now. Chad's not that kind of a guy. He's Keyshawn's cousin, no way he can act so differently than family. Upstanding gentlemen is all.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:35 AM   #6
cafeviahe

Come on now. Chad's not that kind of a guy. He's Keyshawn's cousin, no way he can act so differently than family. Upstanding gentlemen is all.
I think the fight started after Lewis tried to win a game of scrabble with the word Houshmandzadeh.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:37 AM   #7
TaxSheemaSter

Well, we don't know for sure what happened. But if this story is true, than I'd say he's already in the class with T.O.

You are being sarcastic I hope?

Old 09-02-2006, 05:37 AM   #8
RildFiemodo

I think the fight started after Lewis tried to win a game of scrabble with the word Houshmandzadeh.
Charlie Manuel come in to show them how to have a loose club house environment that Scrabble was being played?

Old 09-02-2006, 05:38 AM   #9
IntinyBut

Well, we don't know for sure what happened. But if this story is true, than I'd say he's already in the class with T.O.

You are being sarcastic I hope?
Could be.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:38 AM   #10
icerrelmCam

Players who swing at coaches have a short lifespan in those cities.

I know it was a playoff game and they already were without Chris Henry and Palmer, but I'm shocked Johnson wasn't benched with an "undisclosed" injury.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:42 AM   #11
Knillagrarp

drew is on the phone with the bengals now

Reply to Thread New Thread