Jwskwhdo

Default 2006 NFL Playoff Predictions - Round Two
Washington vs Seattle
New England vs Denver
Pittsburgh vs Indianapolis
Carolina vs Chicago

Washington vs Seattle
Prediction: Seahawks by 13

Seattle is tough to beat at home and for Washington to go cross country after an emotional win in Tampa, well, it's too much to ask. Plus that secondary for the Skins is banged up and they'll have to deal with the walking distraction that is Bill Romaonws...Sean Taylor all week. That said, their defense is good enough to keep them in the game early, but the Seahawks should pull away in the second half on their way to a relatively comfortable win.

New England vs Denver
Prediction: Patriots by 3

Should be a much tougher game than the Patriots faced last night that's for sure. But it'll probably come down to a late field goal or one or two plays, and, even on the road, that favors the Pats. If the Patriots can keep Plummer in the pocket, they can slow down the Broncos passing attack enough that they should be able to win. I expect that. The key is the Broncos rushing attack, the strength of the offense, versus the Patriots run defense, the strength of the defense. Whoever wins that matchup will win. I believe it to be the Patriots. Plus, Brady's never lost a playoff game. Hard to bet against that horse.

Prediction: Steelers by 3

This is the Colts at their weakest this season. The Steelers played them tough in the regular season and will be healthier this time around. The chargers showed the NFL the blueprint for beating the Colts. The Steelers will follow it: run the ball against on offense their small but quick defense, and get pressure on Manning on D. I think the Steelers can do it as long as they don't get down early.

Carolina vs Chicago
Prediction: Panthers by 7

You saw what happened today. If they show up, the Panthers are damn tough. Chicago has got a great D, but they're O is terrible with or without Grossman and won't be able to score on that Panther D, assuming the show up like today and not play like they did vs Dallas 2 weeks ago. This looks like another 10-3 13-6 10-6 type game. Panthers, even on the road, get it done.

Now you go...

3-1 last week (fuckin Tampa)

Old 08-02-2006, 04:33 AM   #2
ljq0AYOV

Washington vs Seattle
New England vs Denver
Carolina vs Chicago

Washington vs Seattle
Prediction: Seahawks by 13

Seattle is tough to beat at home and for Washington to go cross country after an emotional win in Tampa, well, it's too much to ask. Plus that secondary for the Skins is banged up and they'll have to deal with the walking distraction that is Bill Romaonws...Sean Taylor all week. That said, their defense is good enough to keep them in the game early, but the Seahawks should pull away in the second half on their way to a relatively comfortable win.

New England vs Denver
Prediction: Patriots by 3

Should be a much tougher game than the Patriots faced last night that's for sure. But it'll probably come down to a late field goal or one or two plays, and, even on the road, that favors the Pats. If the Patriots can keep Plummer in the pocket, they can slow down the Broncos passing attack enough that they should be able to win. I expect that. The key is the Broncos rushing attack, the strength of the offense, versus the Patriots run defense, the strength of the defense. Whoever wins that matchup will win. I believe it to be the Patriots. Plus, Brady's never lost a playoff game. Hard to bet against that horse.

Prediction: Steelers by 3

This is the Colts at their weakest this season. The Steelers played them tough in the regular season and will be healthier this time around. The chargers showed the NFL the blueprint for beating the Colts. The Steelers will follow it: run the ball against on offense their small but quick defense, and get pressure on Manning on D. I think the Steelers can do it as long as they don't get down early.

Carolina vs Chicago
Prediction: Panthers by 7

You saw what happened today. If they show up, the Panthers are damn tough. Chicago has got a great D, but they're O is terrible with or without Grossman and won't be able to score on that Panther D, assuming the show up like today and not play like they did vs Dallas 2 weeks ago. This looks like another 10-3 13-6 10-6 type game. Panthers, even on the road, get it done.

Now you go...

3-1 last week (fuckin Tampa)
Seattle by 10
Broncos by 6
Colts by 13
Chicago by 3

Old 09-01-2006, 07:04 PM   #3
DrKirkNoliss

These playoffs have been tough to pick. I have struggled with who I want to win vs who I think will win. I knew NE would win but I was rooting jor Jax. I had a strong feeling Pittsburgh would beat Cincy but I was rooting for Cincy. I had no idea what to think of the NFC matchups. NYG and Carolina are so inconsistent it was hard to choose which team would show up to play. Then Tampa and Washington have good defenses with average-ish offenses, so it was who would screw first, and the most. Well this week's matchups look easier to pick.

Washington @ Seattle

New England @ Denver

Pittsburgh @ Indianapolis

Carolina @ Chicago

I'll take all the home teams in the rematches but not because they are at home. I think they all are the better teams, but I wouldnt be shocked if NE or Carolina won. Once again, it will be very interesting to see how they all turn out.

GO SEAHAWKS! Get that first playoff win in 20+ years!!! PLEASE!

Old 09-01-2006, 07:05 PM   #4
LookSe

Seattle by 14
Denver by 6
Indy by 17
Carolina by 3

Old 09-01-2006, 07:07 PM   #5
Rchzygnc

i was 4-0 last week and basically sick of embarassing you guys and your picks except for zero who only tied me.anyway this week i'm taking carolina,new england,seattle and indy.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:09 PM   #6
LeaderBiz

Seattle by 17
Broncos by 3
Chicago by 7
Indy by 13

Old 09-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #7
AndrewBoss

Seattle by 7
New England by 13
Indy by 3
Chitown by 6