LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-01-2006, 08:47 PM   #1
Stovegeothnon

Default Brees facing surgery; potential four month recovery
Chargers | Brees facing surgery; potential four month recovery
Mon, 2 Jan 2006 11:57:28 -0800
ESPN.com reports San Diego Chargers QB Drew Brees (shoulder), who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent, suffered a torn labrum in his right shoulder. He is going to seek a second opinion Tuesday, Jan. 3, from Dr. James Andrews before having surgery. Brees said it will take at least four months to recover and rehabilitate from the surgery. Due to the injury, it could complicate what the Chargers do with their decision at quarterback entering 2006.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:50 PM   #2
Hixinfineedom

Don't ask me why, but I was watching Cold Pizza this morning and they were saying how it was stupid for Brees to be playing in a meaningless game.

Personally, I don't see why it would be stupid. It was the last game of the year, why not try and go out an a high note. There not playing until next year, should Marty really have been worried about him getting injured?

Old 02-01-2006, 08:57 PM   #3
Stoniaanapy

Don't ask me why, but I was watching Cold Pizza this morning and they were saying how it was stupid for Brees to be playing in a meaningless game.

Personally, I don't see why it would be stupid. It was the last game of the year, why not try and go out an a high note. There not playing until next year, should Marty really have been worried about him getting injured?
Speaking as someone who's NFL viewing options all involved at least one team that didn't try, I don't fault Marty for playing Brees and entertaining the fans.
Also, it was a game against a division rival..you always want your players going all out against a division rival.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #4
Arkadiyas

Sucks for Brees, I was watching that looked pretty nasty. 4 months though, is May. He should be fine for training camp.

Reply to Thread New Thread