LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 12-13-2005, 03:12 AM   #1
clapsoewmred

God I hate the Raiders. Almost as much as I hate the Yankees.

Wonder if that's why he had an offday yesterday? (21 carries 70 yards 0 TD)

Old 05-30-2006, 07:00 AM   #2
kaysions

Default LT will play despite bruised ribs
L.T. got the business from a Raider

SAN DIEGO (AP) - Now it can be told - LaDainian Tomlinson's bruised ribs were caused by a little extracurricular activity at the end of a play against the Oakland Raiders on Sunday night.

Earlier this week, a viewer e-mailed ABC affiliate KGTV, saying that footage showed Raiders linebacker Danny Clark sticking his knuckles into the side of the Chargers' star running back.
"I will say somebody must be paying close attention to the play if they saw that," Tomlinson said Wednesday during his weekly news conference. "That's a pretty good idea.
"It was a situation where, being the Raiders, you kind of expect it to happen," he said.
Tomlinson came out of the game late in the second quarter and was taken into the locker room just before halftime. He returned to action at the start of the second half, and the Chargers won 34-10 to extend their winning streak to five.
"I heard the guy was giving him a little extra at the bottom of the pile," quarterback Drew Brees said. "Imagine that."
Tomlinson didn't practice Wednesday and was listed on the injury report as questionable, but said he expects to play in Sunday's home game against the Miami Dolphins.
"Oh yeah, I'm going to play, no doubt," he said.
Tomlinson said it's a small bruise and he could have practiced, but he and coach Marty Schottenheimer agreed that the rest would be good.
"The head coach was nice enough to give me the day off," Tomlinson said. "I like practice but it was OK. Sometimes when you practice all the time you get caught up in doing everything all the time, and when you are able to sit back and watch the blocking scheme and kind of see how guys come off blocks it is a little bit different aspect to it and I enjoy it."
X-rays and an MRI were negative. Also Wednesday, the Chargers (8-4) placed wide receiver and special teams standout Kassim Osgood on injured reserve with a torn pectoral muscle and signed wide receiver Malcom Floyd from the practice squad to the 53-man roster. San Diego signed linebacker Roger Cooper to take Floyd's spot on the practice squad. An Oakland Raider player being accused of playing dirty? *Gasp* It can't be!

Reply to Thread New Thread