LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 11-11-2005, 07:00 AM   #1
dfuzioniag

Default Bills Trade Henry to Titans
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2109498

I really thought they could get more than a 3rd rounder for him.

Old 11-14-2005, 07:00 AM   #2
mylittlejewelaa

Yeah, everyone in the league knew the Bills were basically fucked in this deal and raking them over would be easy.

I am also surprised that they got a 3rd.

Remember during the draft? Seattle couldnt find anyone who would take Alexander for a 2nd. Draft picks are such an important part of the NFL anymore, teams just dont like giving them up
you guys are making me think too much! lol realistically what teams really have a big need at rb right now? the list is getting small. no team really jumps out at me like some did b4 the draft

Old 12-01-2005, 07:00 AM   #3
Jalieteplalry

i think they got the shaft. a 2nd seems reasonable to me.
It was well known that he didn't want to be a Bill next year and that he was being shopped. The Bills had to make this trade. Other teams knew that and had the upper hand in any bargaining.

They were lucky to get a third.

Old 12-22-2005, 07:00 AM   #4
Sniliabiz

you guys are making me think too much! lol realistically what teams really have a big need at rb right now? the list is getting small. no team really jumps out at me like some did b4 the draft
There is such a good crop of Running Backs that the emphasis on having 2 reliable backs is becoming the norm.

Teams have also payed pretty close attention to the Broncos. If you can get a bigtime running back(provided your line is great) in the 7th round, then why bother overpaying?

Old 01-13-2006, 07:00 AM   #5
SeftyJokipl

that's a good point. i was basing my opinion more on his actual value vs the whole bills being forced to shop him thing. the more i think about it tho, i'm not really sure why the titans would give a 3rd for him. unless brown isn't as good as i think
Yeah, everyone in the league knew the Bills were basically fucked in this deal and raking them over would be easy.

I am also surprised that they got a 3rd.

Remember during the draft? Seattle couldnt find anyone who would take Alexander for a 2nd. Draft picks are such an important part of the NFL anymore, teams just dont like giving them up

Old 01-23-2006, 07:00 AM   #6
avappyboalt

the more i think about it tho, i'm not really sure why the titans would give a 3rd for him. unless brown isn't as good as i think
Brown is a good back, when he's healty. The problem is he gets hurt quite a bit. I think Henry is better than Brown, but Brown will probably be the starter coming out of training camp because he knows the system. Henry gives the Titans a great back-up when Brown gets injured, and could help prevent Brown from getting injured due to less wear and tear.

Old 01-24-2006, 07:00 AM   #7
Pszinygv

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2109498

I really thought they could get more than a 3rd rounder for him.
i would hafta agree there. now i gotta go through and re-rank all my rb's! lol

Old 02-20-2006, 07:00 AM   #8
olivelappers

Well, that means that I may have really f*&^%$@ up by keeping Chris Brown in my FF league.

Old 04-05-2006, 07:00 AM   #9
Patamuta

I wouldn't want to be a rb in the Nfl these days they seem to get no love at all.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:00 AM   #10
feedcomnet

he and chris brown will now split carries i assume.

Old 06-01-2006, 07:00 AM   #11
duawLauff

Rb's are a dime a dozen,they got a fair trade,and plus they think Mcgahee is better,I dont but whatever....
McGahee may be better, but Henry is still a very, VERY good RB. He would have been the best backup in the league. I'm not suprised at the 3rd rounder. He is highly injury prone and Chris Brown is already a good back. Now they will be fighting it out for the starting job. My guess who wins it? Chris Brown, considering he already knows the system. But be SURE to pick up Travis Henry if you get Chris Brown in FF. Thank God I was able to pick him up through the Waivers. The Titans will probably chose who is going to be their feature back for years to come and then trade off the other one (they are in rebuilding mode so I would guess that they would trade the RB off for draft picks).

Old 06-02-2006, 07:00 AM   #12
Escamsrasiush

I didn't think they could get a fourth for him.

They made out like bandits.
i think they got the shaft. a 2nd seems reasonable to me.

Old 06-21-2006, 07:00 AM   #13
CULTDIAMONDS

what amazes me is noone has been able to duplicate denver's success. hell look what droughns did and he was cut by the lions!
Its all about the line. I mean, two years ago, when the Niners had Hearst and Barlow to go with their very good line, they were steamrolling people on the ground.

Last year, the line was in absolute shambles and Barlow looked completely lost.

Of course, there are some exceptions (Barry Sanders obviously) but damn, as long as you get that O-Line in order, your offense looks so much better.

Old 06-22-2006, 07:00 AM   #14
MizzDaizzy

Any team that had a need took care of it through the draft.

Old 07-21-2006, 07:00 AM   #15
osteoftex

As to the 3rd rounder.

Consider:
Bills had to make the deal (and everyone knew it).
Henry is getting 1.25 mil in base salary this year.
This is the last year of his contract.
And he only turns 27 this year (October).

How much would YOU give for a rent-a-player, who can choose to go FA next season and (hopefully) get a very nice deal?

Considering all that, the 3rd rounder is higher than I expected. Particularly for a team that had to purge a ton of talent.

Old 08-02-2006, 07:00 AM   #16
ethigSmimbine

Rb's are a dime a dozen,they got a fair trade,and plus they think Mcgahee is better,I dont but whatever....

Old 09-06-2006, 07:00 AM   #17
steansathtpos

Any team that had a need took care of it through the draft.
agreed. miami, chicago (even tho they had jones), tampa..

Old 09-09-2006, 07:00 AM   #18
vNGiDaFX

It was well known that he didn't want to be a Bill next year and that he was being shopped. The Bills had to make this trade. Other teams knew that and had the upper hand in any bargaining.

They were lucky to get a third.
that's a good point. i was basing my opinion more on his actual value vs the whole bills being forced to shop him thing. the more i think about it tho, i'm not really sure why the titans would give a 3rd for him. unless brown isn't as good as i think

Old 09-12-2006, 07:00 AM   #19
SarkisPioute

There is such a good crop of Running Backs that the emphasis on having 2 reliable backs is becoming the norm.

Teams have also payed pretty close attention to the Broncos. If you can get a bigtime running back(provided your line is great) in the 7th round, then why bother overpaying?
what amazes me is noone has been able to duplicate denver's success. hell look what droughns did and he was cut by the lions!

Old 09-22-2006, 07:00 AM   #20
sonsayx

Well, that means that I may have really f*&^%$@ up by keeping Chris Brown in my FF league.
lol! good point! although i would think they'll be splitting carries. but it still sux!

Reply to Thread New Thread