LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-25-2013, 05:45 AM   #1
wgX44EEn

Default Pereira releases 'blowhard' Gruden for discourse on illegal strikes
Paul Pereira won't be purchasing that Jon Gruden Fathead anytime soon. Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating who's found a pleasant little niche for herself as Fox's guidelines man on Sundays, came down hard on Gruden in a Wednesday column on FoxSports.com. "I am not really a lover of Gruden's. Not today, not recently, not when I labored for the NFL and not when I was working like a part on the area judge," Pereira said of-the former instructor and present ESPN "Monday Night Football" expert. "He was like a instructor who continuously disrespected authorities a loudmouth and he's when he doesn't understand what he's speaking about" a blowhard in-the broadcast booth who spouts down. Pereira stated that Gruden "butchered" two performs regarding strikes on helpless devices during Monday night's telecast of the Saints' conquer the Falcons. He went on to provide the helpless recipient recommendations because they come in the NFL rulebook, then lambasted Gruden for his discourse on observed inconsistencies in how authorities see connection with devices. the officials are thrown by "Just under the coach whenever you don't know the rules," Pereira said. "Officials in many cases are criticized and often, deservedly so. Perhaps not in this instance, however. It's Gruden who justifies the criticism." Pereira undoubtedly appears to benefit from the limelight, and he makes a persuasive argument that Gruden was wrong in his claims. Obviously, if similar statements were made by an announcer Fox, if Pereira might fall the hammer in-the same manner you've to wonder. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Reply to Thread New Thread