LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-23-2018, 08:47 AM   #1
officialsbaseball

Default Adam Gotsis and DeMarcus Walke
WINNIPEG Bengals Billy Price Jersey , Manitoba — If you had asked the Winnipeg Jets a week ago if they would take a split after the first two games of their playoff series against the Nashville Predators, they would have said “yes” faster than Patrik Laine can unleash a one-timer.

But that didn’t mean there wasn’t some disappointment in the Jets’ dressing room after their 5-4 double-overtime loss in Game 2 on Sunday night. But just as they’ve done all year long, the Jets processed the result and started preparing for the next battle.

“It’s a sucky way to lose,” Jets center Mark Scheifele told a media scrum after the game. “But we played a better game (Sunday) than we did on Friday. That’s a positive. We can be upset for 10 minutes and then after that we’ve got to get our rest and get ready for Tuesday.”

Scheifele scored two more goals in Game 2 to give him a league-leading eight through seven games.

The Jets wrestled away home-ice advantage thanks to their 4-1 victory at Bridgestone Arena on Friday and would like nothing better than to maintain it through Game 4 on Thursday. The Jets have won 12 consecutive games at Bell MTS Place starting in the latter part of the regular season through the first round of the playoffs against Minnesota.

Winnipeg had the best home record in the NHL in the regular season at 32-7-2. Coincidentally, their last loss was a 6-5 decision against the Predators on Feb. 27.

“These are tests, this time of year,” 36-year-old Jets center Matt Hendricks said from his locker stall Sunday night. “This is the hardest championship to win in pro sports and getting into these extra overtimes and testing your will, testing your conditioning and testing your mental game? This is what everybody has to go through.”

The Predators flew into Winnipeg on Monday afternoon and the President’s Trophy winners were jubilant as they checked into their downtown hotel.

Center Nick Bonino said he couldn’t remember the 6-5 win because it was so long ago, but he was sure they played a “solid” road game, as they did all year long. He said his team won’t be phased by the more than 15,000 fanatics who will be dressed in white on Tuesday and screaming themselves hoarse.

Nashville tied Tampa Bay for the most road wins in the NHL in the regular season with 25.

“We’ve been to a lot of buildings that are loud Authentic Adrian Clayborn Jersey Elite Womens Youth Big&Tall Nike New England Patriots NFL Shop Free Shipping , but (Bridgestone and Bell MTS Place) are two of the loudest I think in the league,” he told The Tennessean. “It’s just like Nashville; it’s a loud arena with passionate fans. They wanted the team back in Winnipeg. They got it back and they have a great team now, so the fans are pumped up and ready to go.”

Game 4 will be Thursday night and, regardless of the outcome, the teams will return to Nashville for Game 5 on Saturday.

Dont'a Hightower is clearly thrilled to be back on the field after the frustration of having to sit and watch most of last season on the sidelines.

After making one of the biggest sacks in New England franchise history when he separated Atlanta's Matt Ryan from the football during New England's Super Bowl comeback in February 2017, Hightower 鈥?who had missed three games the previous season with a knee problem 鈥?was lost five games into the 2017 schedule with a torn pectoral muscle. Coincidentally, he was hurt against the Falcons.

His absence, felt deeply by a team that came up short defensively in the Super Bowl, wasn't easy for Hightower to handle 鈥?even if it's something he had gotten used to.

"Absolutely," the linebacker and defensive captain said Wednesday, following the second day of the Patriots' mandatory minicamp outside Gillette Stadium. "Being out last year and even a little bit more the year before that Deion Sanders Jersey Youth , it just feels good to be out here and be able to communicate, go through the worst part and embracing the (camp stuff), as they say, with my teammates."

Hightower, 28, has failed to play a full schedule in any of his six years in the NFL. In fact, he has missed 24 of a possible 96 regular-season games since becoming a pro in 2012.

"It just (stinks) not being out there," he said. "I know in my career in the league I've missed a lot of games. It's definitely not anticipated and it's not something I look forward to doing or want to do. But it's part of it.

"Just not being out there during the regular season, let alone the playoffs, it (stinks) and it hurts."

During his downtime, he said Youth Royce Freeman Jersey , "I just do what I can, whether it's talking to (media), or going out to dinner and talking about some stuff."

And he also remained part of the group of linebackers.

"We've got a group chat. We stay on that," he said. "We've got a big old group chat. Whether it's a funny meme or somebody's got a question about football, or we're talking about something happening on TV, or the (NBA) Finals or whatever. We've got a tight-knit group and we stay close."

Asked if he might have done some coaching while not playing, Hightower said, "Not so much. There were small things I'd see during the games or whatever or I'd see on the IPad at practice, I might say something to them. Not so much as a coach on the sideline."

So did it spark interest for him in a coaching future?

"Maybe," he said. "Definitely not in the NFL, probably not in college Titans Luke Falk Jersey , either.

"I've been away for too long, man. I don't know if I can do that. I mean, I love football but I don't know if I love it that much."

NOTES: Rob Gronkowski caught a touchdown pass from Tom Brady in the corner of the end zone during one drill. Instead of his customary spike, he threw the ball out of the practice fields. . Gronkowski, in a great state of mind after his offseason of uncertainty, walked past the Hightower interview and was heard saying, with a laugh, "They trading me still?" . Day 2 and Brady remains quiet, with Thursday seen as a possibility for him to meet with the media.

Reply to Thread New Thread