LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 12-16-2019, 03:38 AM   #1
linchao

Default Carson Tinker Color Rush Jersey
Blake Bortles threw four touchdown passes Dawuane Smoot Jersey , three in the first half, and the Jacksonville Jaguars beat Tom Brady and the New England Patriots 31-20 Sunday in a rematch of last season’s AFC championship game.Bortles connected with Donte Moncrief, Keelan Cole and Austin Seferian-Jenkins for scores in the first 30 minutes, the second time he’s done that in his NFL career. Bortles completed 29 of 45 passes for 377 yards, with the four TDs and an interception. It was the best game of his five-year career.The Patriots (1-1) trailed 24-3 in the third quarter before finally showing signs of life. But Dante Fowler, returning from a one-game suspension, stripped Brady for one game-changing play, and second-year receiver Dede Westbrook added another to seal the victory.Westbrook took a short pass on a crossing route, made one defender miss and then outran another down the sideline for a 61-yard score. He got a key block from Cole.Cole finished with seven receptions for 117 yards and a score. He made a spectacular https://www.jaguarsfanstore.com/Taven-Bryan-Jersey , one-handed catch on Jacksonville’s second drive and beat Eric Rowe for a 24-yard touchdown three plays later.Jacksonville led 14-0 at that point, but unlike the game eight months ago — which had much more at stake, of course — coach Doug Marrone didn’t sit on the lead.The Jaguars (2-0) kept throwing even with an 11-point lead in the final minutes of the game. They now have their best start since 2006.Marrone was widely criticized for getting conservative in the title game. The Patriots trailed 20-10 in the fourth quarter of that one before rallying to win 24-20 and get to the Super Bowl.Brady never looked comfortable in the rematch. He completed 24 of 35 passes for 235 yards and two touchdowns, both to Chris Hogan. He was sacked twice.NO FOURNETTEThe Jaguars improved to 4-0 in two seasons without running back Leonard Fournette. Fournette sat out while recovering from a sore right hamstring he tweaked in the season opener at the New York Giants.T.J. Yeldon started in his place and ran 10 times for 58 yards.GROUND GAINSPatriots rookie Sony Michel, a first-round draft pick from Georgia, carried 10 times for 33 yards in his NFL debut. Michel is expected to give New England some much-needed help in its running attack.KEY INJURIESPatriots: Defensive end Trey Flowers and safety Patrick Chung, two of the team’s top defenders, were ruled out with concussions. Flowers was injured in the first quarter when he collided with teammate Keionta Davis. Chung was injured in the second half.Jaguars: Left tackle Cam Robinson left in the first quarter after injuring his left knee and was later ruled out. Receiver Donte Moncrief, who caught a touchdown pass on Jacksonville’s opening drive Myles Jack Color Rush Jersey , left with a knee injury in the third quarter. Defensive end Calais Campbell, questionable to play because of a sore right knee, left after getting poked in his right eye. He later returned.UP NEXTPatriots: Play at Detroit, where former New England defensive coordinator Matt Patricia is now the head coach.Jaguars: Host AFC South rival Tennessee in the second of three straight home games. Ahead of his long-awaited return to Dallas, Cole Beasley is having too much fun with his new team to dwell on the past.Beasley’s Buffalo Bills (8-3) will head to Dallas to take on the Cowboys (6-5) on Thanksgiving. It will be Beasley’s first game against his former team after spending the first seven years of his career in Dallas.“I haven’t really thought about it,” Beasley said. “I’ve been happy here so I’m kind of focused more on what we’ve been doing here. There’s no ill will or anything. I still think I made the right decision, it was the best move for me and I don’t regret it one bit.”That’s a different tone than the one Beasley struck earlier this offseason. The 30-year-old slot receiver was eager to move on from Dallas after speaking out about his lack of opportunities in the Cowboys offense. Beasley signed a four-year, $29 million deal with Buffalo in free agency and has been a featured performer for the upstart Bills with 49 receptions for 525 yards and four touchdowns through 11 games, Beasley is on pace to have one of the best seasons of his career.“It’s all gone Abry Jones Jersey , I’m on a different team,” Beasley said. “The role is different now. I’m in a role that I wanted to be in anywhere at that point in time when I was trying to decide where to go. It’s been awesome. I’m getting to do exactly what I want to do here.”Beasley has quickly become a go-to guy for Buffalo both in the locker room and on the field. The 5-foot-8, 174-pound wideout has repeatedly impressed with his consistency and toughness, in addition to his leadership skills.“The thing about Cole that I don’t think really people give him credit for is his football IQ is extremely high,” Bills quarterback Josh Allen said. “The things that he sees on the field, he's kind of like a quarterback out there. He sees things open before they are.“Concepts that he likes that he’s given to Coach Daboll we’ve incorporated into our offense and they’re key, core plays for us. We appreciate him here and we appreciate how hard he works each day.”Beasley admits that a win over his former team would be special, but he’s more concerned about what it could mean for Buffalo’s postseason hopes. The Bills are coming off their two most complete performances of the season — wins over Miami and Denver — but are still looking for a signature win.A victory over Dallas on Thanksgiving would do just that while pushing the Bills closer in the wild-card race in the AFC.“There’s a part of you that wants to win it a little more, maybe https://www.jaguarsfanstore.com/Yannick-Ngakoue-Jersey , I guess, but I want to win them all,” Beasley said. “So it’s really not that much different. It will be fun to go against a lot of guys that I’ve gone and practiced against over the last few years, so it will be cool to do that. I won’t be talking any, like, serious (stuff) to ‘em but it will be some joking around, trash talking.”While Beasley prefers not to reflect on the past, it’s clear that he’s been rejuvenated by his role in Buffalo. And it’s a role that he could see lasting for a long, long time.“I feel like maybe at that point in time in Dallas I would’ve thought Carson Tinker Color Rush Jersey , maybe, I don’t know how many years I’ve got left, maybe I’ve got like one or two,” Beasley said. “But now I’m here and I’m happy and I’m having a great time. Really, I’ll play here ‘til the wheels fall off. I love the guys, I love the coaches. (Brian) Daboll’s one of the coolest coordinators I’ve ever had. So it’s been awesome.”That feeling is mutual.“I'm glad he’s on our team,” Bills coach Sean McDermott said.

Reply to Thread New Thread