LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-17-2020, 06:29 AM   #1
linchao

Default Just continue to climb the ladder and get better every
The 49ers tendered running back Raheem Mostert as a restricted free agent earlier this month http://www.49erslockerroom.com/authe...t-clark-jersey , which meant he could solicit offers from other teams and sign an offer sheet for a long-term deal that the 49ers would be free to match.As it turns out, Mostert didn’t need to sign an offer sheet to get the 49ers to come through with a longer deal. Mostert’s agent Brett Tessler announced that his client has signed a three-year deal.There’s no word on financial terms. Mostert was tendered at the lowest level, which means he would have made $2.025 million under the tender.Mostert is the second back to sign a new deal with the Niners in as many days. Tevin Coleman joined the team on Thursday in a move that head coach Kyle Shanahan insists won’t impact Jerick McKinnon‘s spot on the team. With Matt Breida also on hand and Mostert playing a big role on special teams, it still seems like someone’s going to wind up being the odd man out sooner or later. When Jason Verrett has been able to play football Joe Staley Jersey White , he’s shown himself capable of playing at a level among the best in the league at cornerback. However, numerous serious injuries have significantly curtailed Verrett’s ability to play during his first five seasons in the NFL.Verrett is with a new team but again working back from a major injury. An Achilles tear in training camp last year ultimately brought his tenure with the Chargers to an end. Now with the San Francisco 49ers, Verrett’s new team is doing their best to ease him into the mix while not asking him to do too much too fast.According to Grant Cohn of the , the 49ers have kept Verrett with their backup units since the start of training camp and are monitoring his reps closely.“We’re managing (Verrett) to make sure he doesn’t have to be an All-Pro player yet Deion Sanders Jersey ,” defensive coordinator Robert Saleh said after practice. “Just continue to climb the ladder and get better every day. We will continue to increase his workload as (camp) goes on. Excited about where he’s at, and he’s only going to get better. He hasn’t even scratched the surface of what he’s capable of.”Verrett made the Pro Bowl in his only full season of action with the Chargers. But Verrett played in just 11 total games in the other four seasons he spent with the team. Verrett said he considered retirement following the Achilles tear last season. He still doesn’t feel like he’s back to full strength but is happy with his progress.“I’m working toward that every day,” Verrett said. “It’s going to be a marathon getting my feet back under me, but I like the pace I’m at now. My Achilles feels good. It’s just about physically being out there and gaining confidence.”

Reply to Thread New Thread