LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-22-2012, 03:53 AM   #41
nAKMzyBN

I've never liked KFC in Thailand, mind you it rarey stops me from eating it

A double filet-o-fish, now that's something I'd like to see.

Old 09-22-2012, 03:59 AM   #42
UTHZzJ6f

This is not necessarily a daft question but, does McDonald's do samurai burgers in Japan They sell them in Hong Kong and Thailand.
I think their Teriyaki McBurger is the same thing? (Ground pork sandwich with mayonnaise, lettuce, and teriyaki sauce.)

In Hong Kong it is called a Shogun burger rather than Samurai burger.

David

Old 09-22-2012, 04:50 AM   #43
LOVEBoy

WHy do people in Thailand loves to eat exotic foods?

Such as grasshopers, snakes, frogs, as well as cockroaches?

I'm not ignorant on these foods because my country also eat those exotic foods, like the "dagang bukid" or in Eng. Farm rats.

But we had different reasons why do we eat those.
Not sure what you mean about "different reasons". In rural Thailand people will eat anything that's naturally available, and usually these kind of bugs are easy to find.

When I was in the northeast recently we went a market and there were unborn chicks and egg yolk barbacued on a stick, like a kebab. It's similar to that unborn chick you can get in the Philippines except it wasn't still in the egg. And it came with a spicy sauce.

Old 09-22-2012, 05:07 AM   #44
UTHZzJ6f

One of the main draws of McDonalds is the "consistency.
I don't even know what quality of food to expect in the McDonalds with a ten mile radious of my home, never mind when I go overseas?!?

The only "consistency" I see in UK McDonalds is an equally poor level of slow service...

David

Old 09-22-2012, 05:18 AM   #45
imictiorume

Pad Thai Burger? Insect Burger?
Yes of course

Thailand: a Takkaten burger(deep fried grasshoppers)

Old 09-22-2012, 05:29 AM   #46
PVaQlNaP

Teriyaki burger, that sounds the same as the samurai and the shogun burgers.
Will be having a Subway Teriyaki sub now

I noticed one thing about the McDonalds in Thailand. The dressing for the McChicken is actually a lot better then in Europe

Old 09-22-2012, 05:32 AM   #47
MaraReenece

I'm with FIP here-Burger King is better IMHO. So good, in fact, that the local McD has just started selling a burger that mimics Burger King's in size and appearance -don't know what its called or taste like though-we have a McD opposite where I work, which some young employees use 5-6 times a week!

Old 09-22-2012, 05:32 AM   #48
dafodilkemmy

What was largely responsible for McDonald's success is that they were able to make a Big Mac in Boston taste the same as the one in LA and Florida. Product consistency... The one in Bangkok is pretty dang close to the one here at home.
Surprisingly, the only Big Mac that tasted weird to me was in Sydney. Here, in BKK, they tase the same as the States.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:11 AM   #49
DexOnenlyCymn

I think that no matter where Mc D is located it is a trash place with trash food and I will not even walk in front one one in the USA or walk by one here, even if it is trash I will eat it here because it is prime choice compared to anything Thai that you might eat,
But Burger King in USA and also here is great, I went to BK in CM a couple of times and should have went daily, but it was to far to go for a meal and I do cook mostly at home, I guess thats why I haven't been sick here, well I did have the skidders quite a bit the first couple of years when I ate Thai prepatred food but for the last 8 years I have done most of the cooking, me or my wife and we stay fairly healthy.
Well I guess we will have a couple of Prime Angus beef striploin steaks for supper and while I am in the freezer I will get out a 4 pound Angus striploin roast to salt roast for dinner tomorrow night. that is actually better than a BK double whopper with cheese.

Old 09-22-2012, 07:07 AM   #50
LOVEBoy

I had this awesome spicy samurai crispy chicken sandwich at the McDonald's at the Incheon airport in Korea a few weeks ago.
I'd love to try a samurai (or teriyaki) burger with lashings of kimchi! Oh ... I might have to call the delivery service again.

Talking of slow fast food, David, I went into one of the first McDonald's in China, in Guangzhou (A.K.A. Canton) about 17 years ago when the communist system of providing everyone with a job was still important.

You had to join one queue to order your meal, where they gave you a ticket, then join a second queue where you paid and got a receipt, then join a third queue to actually get your meal. I think back then they called it "fast food with Chinese characteristics".

Reply to Thread New Thread