LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-05-2017, 07:05 AM   #1
arry J

Default the weekend of the 27th in Philadelphia, which will ignite the
(Sports Network) - The Baltimore Orioles try to take matters into their own hands this weekend, as they play the first of four games against the American League wild card-leading Tampa Bay Rays at Tropicana Field. Jaguars Jerseys . Baltimore enters this set two games back of both the Rays and Texas Rangers for the two wild card spots. "I think we know whats going on with the Rays, and the fact that theres another wild card team out there makes things more interesting," Orioles first baseman Chris Davis said. "This is definitely what they wanted when they threw in another wild card. But we just have to go out there every day and focus on the nine innings in front of us and thats helped us the last few days, just knowing we have to go out there and focus on nine innings." The Orioles helped themselves this week by taking two of three from the AL East-leading Boston Red Sox. However, they were denied a sweep on Thursday, falling, 3-1, to the Red Sox at Fenway Park. "Who cares about this getting two out of three?" said Baltimore outfielder Adam Jones. "At this point in time, winning the series means nothing. We need wins. Good job getting the series if this was June, but its September. We need wins." Chris Tillman (16-7) gave up three runs, seven hits and two walks in seven innings, striking out eight. "Thats the way these games go at the end of the season," Tillman said. "You have to be on top of it from the get-go all the way through. I made some mistakes and they were big." Baltimore, which is 4-2 on a 10-game road trip, will turn to righty Jason Hammel, who has lost his last six decisions. Hammel did not get a decision on Friday in Toronto in his first start since the All-Star break, as he allowed three runs in five innings of a 5-3 win. "Im healthy. I feel good. I still feel like my arm can get stronger," said Hammel, who missed time with soreness in his right forearm. "I really didnt have too much of a building process to get back here. Its just nice to be pitching again and be able to get through five innings with 60-some pitches. I obviously wanted to go deeper, but they wanted to be smart about it." Hammel is 0-2 with a 7.15 ERA in last two starts against the Rays. Tampa, meanwhile, counters with lefty David Price, who is 8-8 with a 3.42 ERA. Price has lost his last three decisions and did not get a decision on Monday in Minnesota, as he allowed two runs and six hits in 6 1/3 innings of his teams 6-4 loss. "I feel good. My body feels very good right now," Price said. "Ive had a good week of work leading up to [Friday]. Baltimore is a very tough team for me. Theyre playing for a chance to play in October. Theres a lot on the line. Theyre going to play hard like they always do. Its going to be a tough series for us." Price has dominated the Orioles of late, posting a 3-0 mark to go along with a 2.15 ERA in his last seven starts against them. Tampa split a four-game set with the Rangers this week and fell to the wild card co-leaders, 8-2, on Thursday. Matt Moore (15-4) lasted only four frames, allowing six runs -- five earned -- on seven hits. He struck out six and walked one in his first loss since June 14. Still, the Rays have won five of their last eight. Tampa is 9-6 against the Orioles this season. T.J. Yeldon Womens Jersey . As their best player continued to orchestrate his dramatic exit from the club, the Whitecaps added size and creativity at Thursdays Major League Soccer SuperDraft. Allen Hurns Youth Jersey . I suppose Sternberg has earned the right to speak out since his Rays, despite one of the lowest payrolls in the Majors at $58 million, are entering the final weekend of the regular season holding down the first Wild Card spot in the American League, one game ahead of Cleveland and two up on Texas. Cheap Chris Ivory Jersey, Womens Elite Chris Ivory Jaguars Jerseys . Trailing 2-1 from the first leg, Fiorentina levelled on aggregate in the 14th minute when Joaquin Sanchez Rodriguez headed back a long ball from David Pizarro and Pasqual smashed home an angled volley.[Credit: National Post] But here, two decades later, we have labour peace and the sport is perhaps at the peak of its international visibility and popularity. So how should Bettman and his owners spend the summer? Perhaps they should learn from the successes of this postseason, and tweak the game accordingly. The NHL playoffs were fast skating, hard hitting hockey highlighted by skill and spectacular goaltending. And there was but one fight, and not even the most ardent supporter of fighting in hockey could argue fisticuffs were missed. I understand the regular season is a long slog through winter, but do we want a sport where unnecessary violence breaks up the monotony? Especially when weve been witness to the majesty of the sport in its absence? Im not saying take fighting out of the game, but Colton Orr and George Parros are unnecessary elements of the sport.[Credit: ESPN] The hockey entity most in need of this summer break is the expansive community of punditry, from the media (both mainstream and not, though the line between the two becomes more and more blurred with each passing season) to the social media inclined fan. On Monday I witnessed an obsessive and rhetorically flawed argument on Twitter over the rumoured re-signing of Montreal Canadiens forward Dale Weise. Was he signed? Should he be signed? Was the term good for the cap? Who did and did not celebrate his acquisition from the Canucks for Raphael Diaz. French media versus English media versus fan versus blogger, all desperately lacking humility in their arguments. When the Habs officially announced a deal on a two-year contract extension with Weise Tuesday morning (for the exact term and dollar amount reported and endlessly disseminated Monday) the futile aand superfluous argument began anew. T.J. Yeldon Youth Jersey. I mean, over a fourth line winger? Paul DiPietro never received this kind of attention. Neither did Weises concussion, but thats a story the media will ignore another day.[Credit: NY Times] While social media and universal web access has taken the discourse to an inclusive realm, it has created an obsessive and pathologically invested fanbase and a media that stretches itself thin to fulfill the 24-hour new cycle. Take a breath folks. Go outside. Do something extraordinary. Expand your horizons. Go love up on a Bruins fan. Take a day at the beach. Spend a week without checking hockeydb.com or capgeek.com. Leave the sport alone for a few minutes. Itll still be there when you get back.The seasons not quite over yet. This week the NHLs 30 teams will consider buyouts to prepare their caps for next season. On June 22nd the 2014-15 schedule will be released so that we can all plan our November Saturdays accordingly. On the 24th, the NHL Awards ceremony takes place, where scarred players freshly relieved of their playoff beards wonder quietly who George Stroumboulopoulos is. The draft takes place on the weekend of the 27th in Philadelphia, which will ignite the hotstove and fuel dreams of parades and revelry. July 1st, Canada Day, a day we should all be out drinking Labatt 50 in the sun and launching bottle rockets recklessly into the night, finds much of the hockey world inside watching TV and waiting to see which albatross of a contract will be bought out in the summer of 2018. And then nothing until September, beautiful autumn, summer fading into the promise a new season, when all teams in first place, except the Oilers, who will be tied with the Flames for 30th. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Reply to Thread New Thread