LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 11-09-2017, 03:17 AM   #1
arry J

Default to minute. Jack Colback went off the post in the 84th minute, denying Newcastle
The UFC 183 prelims will be headlined by a womens bantamweight bout between Miesha Tate and Sara McMann, two women looking to fight their way back into a shot at Ronda Rousey and the belt. Mamadou Sakho Jersey . Catch the UFC 183 prelims live from MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, Saturday at 8pm et/5pm pt. on TSN4. Both have already had their opportunities at the gold, more recently McMann lost via first round TKO after taking a knee to the body from Rousey at UFC 170. Tate lost to the bantamweight champion via an armbar submission in the third round of their bout at UFC 168 in the second professional contest between the fighters. Since failing to win the title, Tate has earned unanimous decision victories over Liz Carmouche and Rin Nakai while McMann bounced back with a split decision win against Lauren Murphy. As she prepares for the matchup at UFC 183, Tate knows shell be in the octagon with a dangerous fighter. I think stylistically it (the McMann fight) presents a lot of problems for me, said Tate to UFC.com. Its a very difficult matchup, but those are the kind of fights that when you win, theyre much more rewarding than the fights that maybe youre supposed to win. I know that this is a very even fight. She has her strengths and I have my strengths and if we both come in there putting a hundred percent on the line, it could be anyones fight. While everyone in the bantamweight division is focused on taking on Rousey, a title upset at UFC 184 could present a faster route to a title shot for Tate. I know that if Cat Zingano did beat Ronda Rousey that it would get me a title shot more quickly, said Tate to UFC.com. I feel like a lot of people think the fight with Cat and I was unfinished business. I won the first two rounds and the stoppage in the third round was questionable at best. So theres definitely room for a rematch there and its something Ive been waiting for and that I want again. But at the same time, I really like fighting Ronda, and I definitely think that the third time could definitely be the charm. Meanwhile, McMann told The MMA Hour on MMAfighting.com, that she wanted and went after the fight against Tate. I had a hard time getting people that wanted to fight me, said McMann to Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour. I know other girls had fights lined up and since Miesha just came fresh off a fight and win against an undefeated opponent and shes pretty game for higher level fights, I thought it would be a very good fit for me. I want to fight the top ranked girls. The 34-year-old Olympic silver medalist is the number three ranked womens bantamweight fighter in the UFC and a victory over her second ranked opponent should put her squarely back into the title contender pole position. Three other bouts will be contested on the UFC 183 prelims as Derek Brunson will take on Ed Herman in the middleweight division, John Lineker will battle Ian McCall in the flyweight division and Rafael Natal and Tom Watson will kick the action off with a middleweight bout. Steven Gerrard Jersey . -- Mississippi State was crushed twice by Florida last season, once by 35 points and the other by 25. Adam Bogdan Jersey . I kind of got a taste of being able to pick a suit with the draft lottery, I went with the bow tie. Sadio Mane Shirts - 16/17 Sadio Mane Liverpool FC Soccer Jersey Sale . Bjoergen pulled away from Swedens Charlotte Kalla on the final straight to win in 38 minutes, 33.6 seconds and defend her title from the 2010 Vancouver Games. Kalla was 1.8 seconds back. Heidi Weng of Norway took bronze.Around the Wheel: Three thoughts from the weekend 1) Gunners Negativity: The pessimism towards Arsene Wengers Arsenal side is striking. The distrust of Wengers ways: transfer policy and team strategy are off-putting and blown out of proportion. Arsenal remains undefeated in the league ahead of a trip to Stamford Bridge. They have played Manchester City and Everton to away draws, and were the better team in the North London derby. Wenger is battling through multiple key injuries, while trying to build his team from a dominant possession team into one with more cutting edge. This takes time. Especially with new faces in the team. Patience need be practiced. The Gunners are capable of playing with the best. As the team gets healthy, look for progress to be made. The proper tactics to proceed with will come to light in time. Ozil, Cazorla, and Sanchez as dangerous a trio as any. When it comes together, this team will be a force. 2) Rooney Criticism: It was needless. It was selfish. It was miscalculated. Wayne Rooneys sending off has led to an avalanche of criticism. Its vulture commentary at its worst. Rooney let down his team, theres no doubt about that. There is no room for his type of error, especially in a moment his team was desperate for three points. The Captain left his team vulnerable: a lesson he will not soon forget. Rooneys track record has been attacked, which is completely unfair. His last sending off came March of 2009. Blame him for being clumsy. Say it was an act of stupidity. But we see far worse on a regular basis. Rooney make a mistake. Now hell miss the next three matches. Crime and punishment: nothing more, nothing less. Amidst the noise it shouldnt be overlooked Rooney scored his 176th goal in the Premier League taking him to third all-time. 3) Harts Future: Is the end near for Joe Hart as number one goalkeeper at Manchester City? Hart was left out of the team back to back games last week, before starting Tuesdays Champions League match. Hart has been fine on the season, but a shaky track record looms large. Manuel Pellegrini brought in a goalkeeper he trusts in the transfer window, and it appears Willy Caballero will be given a chance. Its hardly an ideal situation for either goalkeeper, with a clear number one being preferable to stabilize a team. Hart has his warts. But is Caballero significantly better? Pellegrini may be playing an unnecessary, dangerous game with his goalkeepers. The gap has closed between City and other top teams in the Premier League. He better get this right. Team of the Week Lloris (TOT) Rafael (MUFC) - Stones (EVE) - Vertonghen (TOT) - Shaw (MUFC) Jedinak (CRY) - Gerrard (LFC) - Oscar (CHE) - Dorrans (WBA) Pelle (SOU) - Aguero (MCFC) Player of the Week: Graziano Pelle (Southampton) - Crafty. Intelligent. And a top class finisher. The Italian showed off all attributes in a 2-1 victory over QPR. His touch and body control on his over-the-head goal was a thing of beauty. His fourth goal of the league season was the highlight, with his overall play top notch throughout. Goal of the Week: Phil Jagielka (Everton) - Timing is everything. Well almost. Jagielkas 93rd minute strike was as meaningful as any on the weekend. A derby equalizer at the death is something special. The quality of the goal makes his strike a goal of the year candidate. The centre-back will never hit a more pure half-volley, taking it on the bounce, wrapping his foot around the ball before putting it off the underside of the bar and in. An unstoppable blast: a special moment in a special match. Save of the Week: Hugo Lloris (Spurs) - The best goalkeeper in the Premier League made the best stop of the weekend. Countryman Per Mertesacker headed Mesut Ozils free kick with perfection, low with eyes for the corner. Lloris was up to task, diving low to his left, taking the ball off the goal-line. A vintage Lloris moment. Moment of the Weekend: Mourinho Snubbed - Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has acquired the bad habit of leaving the bench before matches come to an end. Mourinho tried to escape early with a 3-0 lead over Aston Villa. A handshake between managers post-match is customary. Jose tried to make friendly with Paul Lambert before the final whistle had blown. The Villa manager wasnt having it, instead pointing to his watch and snubbing the handshake. Good on Lambert. Its rude and unnecessary to leave the sideline before a match goes final. Stat of the Week - Liverpools Mario Balotelli has 63 shots in his last 20 Premier League appearances. He has just one goal over that span. Table Talk 1) Chelsea (16pts) - Goal number eight for Diego Costa. Only worry with the team is an over-reliance on the Spanish International. Remy and Drogba will have to play a role through a busy schedule. Mourinho has something very good going in rotating Schurrle and Willian in attacking midfield. 2) Southampton (13) - Pelle is proving to be the value buy of the summer. His success shouldnt surprise: he has scored 54 goals in his last 63 league appearances. Saints have now won four in a row. 3) Manchester City (11) - The stop and go start to the season continues. Frank Lampard scores again, and looks to be the unlikeliest of key contributors. Super Frank has four goals in all competitions in only two starts. Yaya Toure remains lethargic. The Ivorian needs to hit top form for City to do the same. 4) Arsenal (10) - Good news: Olivier Giroud has signed a two-year contract extension keeping him at the club until 2018. Bad news: more injuries to deal with. Aaron Ramsey (hamstring) is out a month and Mikael Arteta (calf) join the likes of Giroud and Mathieu Debouchy on the shelf. 5) Swansea City (10) - The Swans were taken out of their element in a scrappy 0-0 draw with Sunderland. Swansea had a man sent off for the second straight match with Angel Rangel picking up his second caution with 10 minutes to go. Goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski made a top save, preserving the draw. The former Arsenal keeper has moore than filled the void left by Michel Vorm. Connor Randall Jersey. 6) Aston Villa (10) - Back to back 3-0 losses after Villas big win over Liverpool. Arsenal and Chelsea back-to-back is as difficult as it gets. The hellish road continues, as Manchester City and Everton are the next two opponents. Star striker Christian Benteke is one the verge of return. The Belgian scored in a U-21 match from the penalty spot, playing 63 minutes in his first action since rupturing his Achilles six months ago. 7) Manchester United (8) - Another week, another injury. There have no been 22 separate injuries to squad members since Van Gaal took over in July. Midfielder Ander Herrera fractured a rib forcing him out of Uniteds 2-1 win over West Ham. When fit, the Spaniard has looked very much the real deal. He also missed three games in August with an ankle injury. The backline will get a boost on the weekend as Tyler Blackett returns from suspension and Phil Jones (hamstring) is in contention. Luke Shaw and Rafael were outstanding on the weekend. Look for Falcao and Juan Mata to take advantage of expanded roles in Rooneys absence. 8) Tottenham Hotspur (8) - No team has been a bigger disappointment thus far in overall play. Mauricio Pochettino has not yet figured out his best team, with promising Ryan Mason starting in a 1-1 draw in the North London derby. Nacer Chadli has been Spurs top player, scoring his fourth on the season. The Belgian scored only once a season ago. Most concerning is a lackluster frontline. Emmanuel Adebayor shows no signs of recapturing last seasons form. 9) Crystal Palace (8) - Two wins on the hop and the Eagles are looking like the impressive outfit from the end of last season. Size and strength do wonders in the Premier League, and Palace has plenty. Captain Mile Jedinak has scored in back to back games after scoring just once last season. 10) West Bromwich Albion (8) - Team seemed destined to be bottom-dwellers ten days ago. Back to back impressive league wins sandwiching a Capital One Cup victory, and all is well at the Hawthorns. James Morrison is emerging as a force. Graham Dorrans added a goal and an assist in the 4-0 win over Burnley. Saido Berahino has to play. There is too much talent there. Next two games are against Liverpool and Manchester United. 11) Stoke City (8) - Victor Moses to Peter Crouch: they are turning into a dynamic duo. Back to back weeks the combination has linked up for a goal. Moses has been the teams best player thus far as a menace down the left wing. A hamstring injury to Mame Biram Diouf opens the door for Bojan Krkic to play a role. Hes been quiet since joining from Barcelona. 12) Leicester City (8) - The Foxes crash back down to earth in a 2-0 loss at Selhurst Park. It was a predictable letdown match after the elation of beating Manchester United. Exceptional levels of intensity and work-rate are necessary for the team to continue winning. Its games against mid-table opposition that will determine how they finish. 13) West Ham (7) - 10-men Manchester United was there for the taking. The Hammers pushed on late and were denied a Kevin Nolan equalizer, called offside by a nose. Despite the setback, there is much to like about the team. The passing is vastly improved. Cresswell and Reid form an impressive left-sided defensive partnership. They will remain a difficult team to beat. 14) Liverpool (7) - A positive performance and a negative result. Liverpool was the superior side in the Merseyside derby but again lacked polish in front of goal. The team desperately needs Daniel Sturridge. Adam Lallana and Lazar Markovic continue to struggle adapting to life at Anfield. Steven Gerrard bounced back from struggles a week ago, putting forth a standout performance. The Captain, alongside Jordan Henderson is the least of Brendan Rodgers worries. Mamadou Sakho leaving the stadium after being left out of the team is troubling. 15) Everton (6) - Jagielka gets the headlines for his wonder-strike. 20-year old John Stones was outstanding against Liverpool. A star is emerging before our eyes. Injuries are mounting for Roberto Martinez. Kevin Mirallas (hamstring) is staring down a lengthy spell on the sidelines. Squad depth is going to be severely tested. A European Thursday night, followed by an early Sunday trip to Old Trafford lay ahead. 16) Hull City (6) - Steve Bruces team have gone from a strong defensive outfit to a team far too wide open. Hull City conceded 11 goals in four September matches and has posted only one clean sheet after racking up 10 last season. The leaky team defence takes away from the excitement of new, attacking players brought in at the transfer window. Bruce must work towards achieving a balance. 17) Sunderland (5) - The Black Cats cannot win. Steven Fletcher came close to grabbing full points late on in a scoreless draw with Swansea. Thats back-to-back weeks Sunderland has threatened but failed to win. More cutting edge is required. Jozy Altidore (1) is the only team striker to have scored. Will Buckley is looking to be a good signing. 18) Queens Park Rangers (4) - QPR was much better defensively in a 2-1 loss at St. Marys. Charlie Automatic Austin scored a wonderful goal, but the team otherwise lacked going forward. There is undeniable talent in the team, but Harry Redknapps side needs a defined identity. 19) Newcastle United (3) - Alan Pardew lives another week, somehow. Newcastle is simply all over the place and inconsistent from minute to minute. Jack Colback went off the post in the 84th minute, denying Newcastle a point at the Britannia. Moussa Sissoko remains the teams top player: a genuine talent. 20) Burnley (3) - Life continues to be miserable in the top flight for Sean Dyches side. A sobering 4-0 loss to West Brom emphasizes how far they are off the pace. The team still hasnt scored since their first shot on goal of the season. Points against Leicester City this weekend are a must. @WheelerTSN gareth.wheeler@bellmedia.ca Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Reply to Thread New Thread