LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-02-2012, 05:16 AM   #1
zlopikanikanza

Default What was the ( Religion ) The Prophet Muhammad follow according to The Holy Qur'aan ?
What was the ( Religion ) The Prophet Muhammad follow according to The Holy Qur'aan ?

Old 08-02-2012, 05:48 AM   #2
Unakjyfk

Islam??

Old 08-02-2012, 05:50 AM   #3
arrendabomnem

Islam.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:06 AM   #4
Kayacterype

What was the ( Religion ) The Prophet Muhammad follow according to The Holy Qur'aan ?
Dinul Islam aw millat Ibrahim...

Old 08-02-2012, 06:09 AM   #5
mybooboo

I think he is asking about the life of Rasulullaah before being the Prophet.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:32 AM   #6
pkopwqzsdcvbn

Salam.

Can you please elaborate on ur question? The answer seems obvious otherwise.

Jzk

Old 08-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #7
Markdogas

I think he is asking about the life of Rasulullaah before being the Prophet.
Before being prophet?

He was the Prophet even when Allah didn't created the Prophet Adam (AS).

Old 08-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #8
AbraxiaAsus

He has ordained for you the same religion which He ordained for Nuh (Noah), and that which We have ordained to you [Muhammad (peace be upon him)], and that which We ordained for Ibrahim (Abraham), Musa (Moses) and Isa (Jesus) saying you should establish religion, and make no divisions in it. Intolerable for the Mushrikoon is that (Islamic Monotheism) to which you call them. Allah chooses for Himself whom He wills, and guides unto Himself who turns to Him in repentance and in obedience.
- Holy Qur'an 43:13

The religion is same, the Sunnah (way) is changed. And now there is no scope for any other way apart from the Sunnah of Muhammad SAW and Islam.

Truly, the religion with Allah is Islam. Those who were given the Scripture did not differ except, out of mutual jealousy, after knowledge had come to them. And whoever disbelieves in the Ayaat (words, signs, proofs, etc) of Allah, then surely, Allah is Swift in calling to account.
- Holy Qur'an 3:19

Also, Islam was the religion of Ibrahim as well.

Ibrahim (Abraham) was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was a true Muslim Hanifa, and he was not of Al-Mushrikoon (those who associate partners with Allah).

- Holy Qur'an 3:67

Hopefully that answered your question.

And Allah knows best.

Edit: Remembered this one during Fajr.

..Today, I have perfected your religion for you, and have completed My blessing upon you, and chosen Islam as Din (religion and a way of life) for you...

- Holy Qur'an 5:3

Old 08-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #9
alicewong

Ibrahim (Abraham) was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was a true Muslim Hanifa, and he was not of Al-Mushrikoon (those who associate partners with Allah).

- Holy Qur'an 3:67
Will you please shed some light on "Muslim Hanifa"?

Old 08-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #10
P3bWjm1j

Sorry, I'm not learned enough to comply with your request. The best I can do is copy/paste =). Maybe some learned people here can shed some light for you.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #11
Menierofe

Sorry, I'm not learned enough to comply with your request. The best I can do is copy/paste =). Maybe a some learned people here can shed some light for you.
No problem Akhi!

JazakAllah Kher!

Old 08-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #12
chelviweeme

The Linguistic Definition of Islam is Submission from the root word Aslama. The Shariah Definition is the technical term by which we are defined as Muslims as followers of the deen revealed to Muhammed (saw) as The Deen revealed by Allah to the Final Messenger Muhammed (saw). This is defined in the verses:

[3-19] "Truly the Deen to Allah is Islam .."

[3-85] "If anyone desires a Deen other than Islam, never will it be accepted of him and in the Hereafter he will be among the losers.

[5-48] "To you We have sent down the Book in truth confirming the book that came before it and controlling over/overruling it …To each one among you We have prescribed a Law and a way.."

So linguistically, in the historical context, all the Prophets were Muslims as they submitted via what was revealed to them and they all shared in the core message of Worshipping one God, Allah (swt) so historically can be described as submitting, ie Islam.

However, in the present context, after the sending of the Final Messenger (saw) to all of mankind, the Jews and Christian have been ordered to leave their religions and embrace Islam "If anyone desires a Deen other than Islam, never will it be accepted of him and in the Hereafter he will be among the losers" which means that a Muslim after that time is only the one who embraced what our Messenger has brought.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #13
HQTheodore

Will you please shed some light on "Muslim Hanifa"?
I think "hanifa" in Arabic means a respectable, honorable, exemplary, masoom (innocent) person.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here are some different translations of the same ayat which will Insha'Allah help clear it up a bit:

Sahih International:
"Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a Muslim [submitting to Allah ]. And he was not of the polytheists."

Muhsin Khan:
"Ibrahim (Abraham) was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was a true Muslim Hanifa (Islamic Monotheism - to worship none but Allah Alone) and he was not of Al-Mushrikun (See V.2:105)."

Pickthall:
"Abraham was not a Jew, nor yet a Christian; but he was an upright man who had surrendered (to Allah), and he was not of the idolaters."

Yusuf Ali:
"Abraham was not a Jew nor yet a Christian; but he was true in Faith, and bowed his will to Allah's (Which is Islam), and he joined not gods with Allah."

Shakir:
"Ibrahim was not a Jew nor a Christian but he was (an) upright (man), a Muslim, and he was not one of the polytheists."

Dr. Ghali:
"In no way was Ibrahim a Jew, neither a Christian; (i.e. a follower of Isa "Jesus", Nasraniyyan) but he was an unswervingly (upright) (i.e. veering away from idolatry) Muslim; and in no way was he one of the associators (Those who associate others with Allah)."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Of course referring to a tafseer of that ayat would be the best course in order to better understand what the ayat means and what is being said.

Allah knows best.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #14
tooratrack

Our prophet,peace and blessings be upon him,followed DIN E HANIF,ie Din of Ibrahim AS......and all the prophets before and after Ibrahim AS followed the same Din....and this is what we Muslims follow on the footsteps of ALL the Prophets in general and Muhammad sallallho alai he wa sallam in particular:
Inna (d) dine indallahel Islam
Quran divides humanity in Two categories Only :
1.Those who follow the Prophets,and
2.Those who follow Taghoot ie Iblees.
After Muhammad peace be upon him,the Only true followers of the Prophets are Muslims.All the rest are the followers of Taghoot (Iblees).

Old 08-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #15
imporrilk

Our prophet,peace and blessings be upon him,followed DIN E HANIF,ie Din of Ibrahim AS......and all the prophets before and after Ibrahim AS followed the same Din....and this is what we Muslims follow on the footsteps of ALL the Prophets in general and Muhammad sallallho alai he wa sallam in particular:
Inna (d) dine indallahel Islam
Salaam Brother

You are correct in so far as that it was the same asl of the Tawheed, ie origin of Oneness that all the Prophets shared which is clarified by the translations provided Brother Shuayb above.

While we believe in all of the Prophets and the books that were revealed to them, we only follow the Shariah that was revealed to Muhammed (saw) which is the Only Deen Acceptable to Allah and whoever chose another one, it would never be accepted.... (Quran) because for each, Allah revealed a specific Shariah but made the Quran over rule them as the verse says:

[5-48] "To you We have sent down the Book in truth confirming the book that came before it and controlling over/overruling it …To each one among you We have prescribed a Law and a way.."

Old 08-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #16
Zhgrlpil

First let get something Straight from the door here ok .

The meaning of the word ( Islam ) ,

Some Muslims will say , It is the Submission to the will of their God , Allah . However , The word Islaam is taken from the 5th name of their God , Allah , As Salaam meaning The Peace , '' Taken from The Ashuric / Syriac Arabic root word '' Salama , Meaning '' To Have , To Be Peaceful ''; Which Euro-Arab and Muslims greeting '' As Salaamu 'Alaykum , '' Meaning '' Peace Be Upon You , Come from , The word Salaam was derived from The Aramic / Hebrew word Shalom , Meaning '' Peace . ''

The meaning of the word ( Muslim )

The word Muslim is derived from The Ashuric / Syriac Arabic word Salama meaning '' One Who Is Of Peace ,

Old 08-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #17
c2siOlIk

JazakAllah Kher!

Old 08-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #18
xochex

Lissan al-Arab, one of the most authoritative lexicons of the Arabic language, mentions that the word 'Islam' is derived from the root verb istaslama (استسلاما); which means 'to submit' or 'give in' or 'surrender', while the term salam (سلام) means peace, a truce, or a non-warring state.

The word Islam derives from the Arabic triconsonantal root sīn-lām-mīm (SLM [ س ل م ]). Many different words are created from this root word by inserting different vowels between the three root consonants. Many English speakers wrongly assume that if two Arabic words share the same root word then their meanings are related when in reality the fact that some words share the same root word does not imply a relationship between the meanings of the words. For instance, all of these words are derived from the root S-L-M:

Word Arabic Meaning
Islam اسلام Submission
Salam سلام Well-being/Peace
(Derivation of) Salama سلما The stinging of a snake or the tanning of the leather
Saleema سليما To be saved or to escape from danger (when refering to a female)
Saleem سليم To be saved or to escape from danger (when refering to a male)
Aslam اسلم To submit
Istaslama استسلاما To surrender
Musal مسل Undisputed
Tasleem تسليم To receive a salutation or becoming submitted

Many people have wrongly attempted to equate the word Islam with peace by showing that Islam, meaning 'submission', shares a root word with Salaam, meaning 'peace'. But if such relationships between the meanings of Arabic words can be created then that would imply that there is a relationship between one of the derivations of the infinitive Salama, meaning the stinging of the snake or tanning the leather, and Salam, meaning peace; a relationship which obviously does not exist.

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Islam

This is further confirmed in the verses where Islam/Muslim has been used with its correct linguistic meaning such as

Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed to us and that which was revealed to Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have surrendered. [Muslimoon] [2:136]

"Or were you witnesses when death approached Ya`qub (Jacob) When he said unto his sons, "What will you worship after me'' They said, "We shall worship your AIlah (God ـ Allah) the Ilah of your fathers, Ibrahim (Abraham), Isma`il (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac), One Ilah, and to Him we submit (in Islam)" (2.133)

Old 08-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #19
exettybele

First let get something Straight from the door here ok .

The meaning of the word ( Islam ) ,

Some Muslims will say , It is the Submission to the will of their God , Allah . However , The word Islaam is taken from the 5th name of their God , Allah , As Salaam meaning The Peace , '' Taken from The Ashuric / Syriac Arabic root word '' Salama , Meaning '' To Have , To Be Peaceful ''; Which Euro-Arab and Muslims greeting '' As Salaamu 'Alaykum , '' Meaning '' Peace Be Upon You , Come from , The word Salaam was derived from The Aramic / Hebrew word Shalom , Meaning '' Peace . ''

The meaning of the word ( Muslim )

The word Muslim is derived from The Ashuric / Syriac Arabic word Salama meaning '' One Who Is Of Peace ,
Holy Qur'aan , 2 ; 130 , Where It States ; And who would be averse to the religion of Abraham except one who makes a fool of himself. And We had chosen him in this world, and indeed he, in the Hereafter, will be among the righteous.

Holy Qur'aan 3 ; 67 , Where It States ; Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a Muslim [submitting to Allah ]. And he was not of the polytheists.

Holy Qur'aan 4 ; 74 , Where It States ; Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah , and those who disbelieve fight in the cause of Taghut. So fight against the allies of Satan. Indeed, the plot of Satan has ever been weak.

Holy Qur'aan 6 ; 80 , Where It States ; And his people argued with him. He said, "Do you argue with me concerning Allah while He has guided me? And I fear not what you associate with Him [and will not be harmed] unless my Lord should will something. My Lord encompasses all things in knowledge; then will you not remember?

Holy Qur'aan 87 ; 19 , Where It States ; The Scriptures Of Abraham and Moses .

Ibraahiym or Abraham [ 2078 - 1903 B.C.E. ] Come from the Hebrew Abraham - aramic - '' Meaning Father Of Many Nations '' . His original name Abram , Which is Chaldean means '' Exalted Father '' Abraham was called in ( The Qur'aan 3 ; 67 )

Old 08-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #20
Aleenkagirlla

Holy Qur'aan , 2 ; 130 , Where It States ; And who would be averse to the religion of Abraham except one who makes a fool of himself. And We had chosen him in this world, and indeed he, in the Hereafter, will be among the righteous.

Holy Qur'aan 3 ; 67 , Where It States ; Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a Muslim [submitting to Allah ]. And he was not of the polytheists.

Holy Qur'aan 4 ; 74 , Where It States ; Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah , and those who disbelieve fight in the cause of Taghut. So fight against the allies of Satan. Indeed, the plot of Satan has ever been weak.

Holy Qur'aan 6 ; 80 , Where It States ; And his people argued with him. He said, "Do you argue with me concerning Allah while He has guided me? And I fear not what you associate with Him [and will not be harmed] unless my Lord should will something. My Lord encompasses all things in knowledge; then will you not remember?

Holy Qur'aan 87 ; 19 , Where It States ; The Scriptures Of Abraham and Moses .

Ibraahiym or Abraham [ 2078 - 1903 B.C.E. ] Come from the Hebrew Abraham - aramic - '' Meaning Father Of Many Nations '' . His original name Abram , Which is Chaldean means '' Exalted Father '' Abraham was called in ( The Qur'aan 3 ; 67 )
Holy Qur'aan 3 ; 67 Where It States ; Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a Muslim [submitting to Allah ]. And he was not of the polytheists.

A Haniyfaan '' An Upright One '' Abraham gained the highest honors . He was taken as a Khaliyl Allah , meaning '' The Eternal Freind Of Allah '' , ( The Qur'aan 4 ; 125 )

The Qur'aan 4 ; 125 , Where It States ; And who is better in religion than one who submits himself to Allah while being a doer of good and follows the religion of Abraham, inclining toward truth? And Allah took Abraham as an intimate friend .

The Prophet Abraham is responsible for all of the contribution to the '' Peaceful Way Of Life , ''Al Islaam '' . This is why he is called father Abraham. All of the original principles of Al Islaam is based on his pronciples - Millatu Ibrahiym ,

The Qur'aan 6 ; 161 , Where It States Say, "Indeed, my Lord has guided me to a straight path - a correct religion - the way of Abraham, inclining toward truth. And he was not among those who associated others with Allah ."

Millatu Ibraahiym - arabic - Abraham - aramic - The Religion of Ibraahiym / Abraham is Al Islaam .

Holy Qur'aan 3 ; 95 , Where It States ; 95 Say: "God speaketh the Truth: follow the religion of Abraham, the sane in faith; he was not of the Pagans /

Holy Qur'aan 2 ; 135 , Where It States ; 135 They say: "Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (To salvation)." Say thou: "Nay! (I would rather) the Religion of Abraham the True, and he joined not gods with God."

Holy Qur'aan 4 ; 125 , Where It States ; 125 Who can be better in religion than one who submits his whole self to God, does good, and follows the way of Abraham the true in Faith? For God did take Abraham for a friend.

Reply to Thread New Thread