LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
jeraveike

Default With friends like these who wants Hamas?
http://www.solomonia.com/blog/archiv...dex.shtml#more [The following is just a visitor article by Zvi Koenigsberg.] Until six months before, I was a normal attendee at Congregation Kehillath Israel (KI) on Harvard St in Brookline, MA at the solutions on weekday nights and Saturday afternoons. I was doing minimal I thought I could do to make a minyan for all those saying Kaddish. I'd been carrying this out for significantly more than five years. Then I was advised that the rabbinic intern, Emma Kippley-Ogman, offered an "innovative" Sabbath day talk once the Torah portion Hayei Sarah ("The existence of Sarah") was read. Sarah was the very first of the Israelite matriarchs to be buried at the Machpela Cave in Hebron, which was bought for that particular function by her husband Abraham, since you may recall. How they "oppress" their bad Moslem neighbors, and Emma used the back ground of the Torah portion as a springboard for an assault on the present Jewish citizens of Hebron. As it happens that Emma was delivered to Hebron by the Brand New Israel Fund for annually, to work well with "Breaking the Silence," an organization focused on displaying Israel's "oppression" of Arabs. The situation was experienced by me in Hebron firsthand, because it occurs. Throughout the first Intifada, as a, I served as leader of the Machpela Cave 3 times, each for per month. It's interesting that I found not really a whit of what Emma's team stated, but instead, I was called a monkey and a pig by the citizen Khadi (spiritual head) of the cave, and observed several barrages of assaults by Arabs against civilians and soldiers alike. I understand that the problem in Hebron hasn't improved. One unfortunate case is that the day or two after Emma's talk, a middle aged Jewish pair were equally stabbed by an Arab enemy at a station in Hebron. I differ eventually with Emma's positions, and with her utilization of Biblical programs for her own severe positions, but what I find unsatisfactory and most troubling, is her punishment of the bully pulpit at KI for her anti-Israel invective. As a space couldn't be shared by me with somebody who, within an official capacity, is placed upon the exploitation of the State of Israel, I informed my friends at the minyan that I'd no further attend. Quickly after ward, Emma called a meeting to be arranged by me at the neighborhood Star-bucks. I agreed, and my wife was taken by me with me to ensure as she seems to not get emotional about these problems I "behave". I needed my spouse to simply take the lead, because, as a MBA and former management consultant at a sizable international consulting company, she's conducted interviews at the greatest degrees of business and government. The only real question I asked Emma was, was not she worried that she was risking Israel's living with her jobs. Emma replied: "Oh, Israel is extremely powerful. It's been around so long as I've been alive." This is actually the knowledge and greatest political reasoning that the 25 year old Harvard-educated leftwing "intellectual" managed to bring to bear! My spouse, in at the very least five various ways, questioned Emma one question, and one question only, whether Emma could try it again, i.e. utilize the pulpit to express exactly the same type of things. Emma got quite psychological, and evaded giving a right answer for near to an hour or so. My spouse, who's acutely apolitical, was surprised by the intellectual dishonesty of the conversation. I've only found that KI has chose to employ Emma as a, lasting Assistant Rabbi, by June, when she graduates from the Rabbinical college at Hebrew College. Connected may be the formal statement (Click the graphic to increase). Therefore, what's happening listed here is that "Breaking the Silence", an organization defined also by politically center-of-the-road individuals in Israel as extremist and possibly traitorous, is getting a in the most obvious Jewish establishment on the most noticeably Jewish neighborhood in the Northeast, Harvard St in Brookline. I'd state each day of mourning and rip my clothing, if I were a chief rabbi of types. All I could say is: God help Israel!, as I'm not!

Reply to Thread New Thread