LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 06-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #21
jesyflowers

Yes, she took measurements. She thinks she's lost an inch at her waist, but she's tried on clothing that was too tight for her and it's still too tight.

And heh, yes, I lost much less weight on my own 2nd and 3rd rounds, but saw a HUGE difference in my shape. It's amazing. And wonderful.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #22
Wdlglivi

It's much too soon to notice any significant measurement changes. It's only been 10 days. I never see changes in how clothing fits that early in the round. Not even if I lose 10 pounds.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:51 AM   #23
MasdMnPa

I know, I know... but it's just been really hard for her to stick it without SOME proof that it works!

Happily, she went down a pound again. That makes four pounds, not including her loading weight.

The part that puzzles me is how she can not lose weight under the circumstances. Eating less than 500 calories a day, drinking enough, the HCG definitely working in that she's in ketosis and not feeling hungry. So, why the lack of positive results? If she'd had a more successful first week, I wouldn't blink - it's just stalling - but this seems pretty weird to me.

I'm so glad she saw weight loss this morning, and hopefully it will continue. Thanks to everyone for their support.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #24
FLOMOUSLY

She's in the normal range, Hazel. You always count the load weight. It's there and has to be lost. She's being much too impatient. What other diet would allow her to lose this much weight in 11 days or so? She needs to get hold of a realistic expectation. She should read success stories and resolve to stick to it no matter what. I'm a slow loser too. But I still got there. And I couldn't lose weight on a 500 calorie diet without hcg.

I just realized she's on a very high dose of hcg. That might be the problem. On the wrong dose, the losses are worse than they should be. Hunger usually is a sign but not always. A high dose has the reverse effect.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #25
Romobencience

Grammy, I did not realize that the dosage could still be too high if she's not experiencing hunger pangs! If the extra protein doesn't do the trick, maybe I'll suggest she try a lower dosage for a few days.

It's interesting that you call that normal range, because I've encouraged a lot of people to try HCG (usually after they ask me how I managed to lose so much myself!) and everyone loses more than she has in her first 10 days. But I will bow to your superior knowledge and experience.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #26
9V42h1eT

Much of what people lose in the first week is water weight. Often how much water a person is holding depends on how they have been eating prior to starting the hcg protocol. People that have been eating low carb, Atkins-like, primal, or Paleo, often find their first week's losses to be lower compared to others.

In subsequent rounds, the first week losses are considerably lower than previous rounds.

Another factor can be how athletic she has been. If she's a person that has been very active, she may carry more muscle than others, hence having less fat to actually lose.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #27
Cwvnyfsj

These are all good points, Beth. She was on very low carbs before she began, which is why she had no trouble with the idea of ditching the melba in the first place.

I'll keep encouraging her, and thanks for your help.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #28
bZEUWO4F

I just wanted to report to all you lovely people that Debby has dropped apples as too starchy and has increased her protein intake by 50 grams. She feels better, she's even less hungry, and she's losing nicely now. Thanks again for all your help!

Reply to Thread New Thread