LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
warrgazur

Default beer, cheese p2 and p3
so can anyone simplify why you wont lose weight if you eat a block of colby cheese everyday? I'm trying to find a way to explain. Its like eating extra meal of protein and full of calories is how i explain it but maybe someone can tell me more than 'its off protocol' Because people dont understaaaaaaaand that, (apparently these ppl just arent ready for the diet!)

and the beer thing, it is not reccomended to drink on p3, right? you will most likely gain from beer, correct? especially when its your second day off of hcg!!!

Talk to me!

Old 04-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #2
feAilei1

It's a precise balance of nutrients, carbs and calories as well as fat. Colby cheese has too much fat to allow you to lose and beer has too many carbs and is made from a grain. Dr. Simeon tested all the foods out and chose the ones that everyone could lose on. Some can cheat and still lose but the list of foods on his protocol has been heavily tested and they work.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
esconsise

We really don't know why Dr. Simeons chose the foods he did. He says that he tested lots of foods and these are the ones that work. Logically, other items should work just fine...your body shouldn't really be able to tell the difference between an apple and a pear or asparagus and broccoli. But pears and broccoli don't work on this diet for some unknown reason. Some people can use them just fine and get away with it, but the majority can't. So the only explanation to "why can't I eat x?" is we don't know, but you can't because it doesn't work as well. You either won't lose or worse, you won't stabilize.

The protein we eat is very, very lean protein. An ounce of Colby cheese has the correct number of calories (about 112), but it has 9 grams of fat and only 6.7 grams of protein. The protein choices we eat have closer to 20-25 grams protein in them with only a gram or two of fat. We're getting our fat from our own bodies. And an ounce is a tiny amount, not a block of cheese.

As for beer, it has too many carbs for the no sugar/no starch P3. It has both.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
Matajic

As for beer, it has too many carbs for the no sugar/no starch P3. It has both.[/QUOTE]

What are the chances of getting away with an occasional light beer on P3? I'll be at Indy 500 in about 6 weeks. I know that will be the hardest test yet not to have a beer or two during that week.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
TOOGUEITEME

As for beer, it has too many carbs for the no sugar/no starch P3. It has both.
What are the chances of getting away with an occasional light beer on P3? I'll be at Indy 500 in about 6 weeks. I know that will be the hardest test yet not to have a beer or two during that week.[/QUOTE]

I do know of some beer that has like 2-3cabs per can not too bad

Reply to Thread New Thread