LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-02-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
denwerdinoss

Default Pitbulls and Parolees
has any body donated to this rescue?" I love that show and saw on the web site that there short about 30grand, doesnt the tv company pay them for the show? any way i donated $50.00 to them (not much but all i could spare) an E-Mail or something would be nice to let me no they got it and thanks, am i asking for to much?

Old 02-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
Dilangos

That was nice of you to donate. And yes, you should of gotten a 'thank you' email.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
TCjwwhcY

yeh,they are getting paid for that show, i wouldnt donate any money to them,theyre not hurting for money,if yuo want to donate ,donate to a local shelter-even though i hate shelters-they need more help than some snot on tv does,hell your local shelter would accept a bag of dog food and you would recieve a great amount of thanks from them

Old 02-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
Sowsunese

I'd love to go adopt a dog from them. They have so many that need forever homes.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #5
agildeta

I haven't donated but I do like the show.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:36 PM   #6
Eagevawax

Ive thought about donating as well.. or maybe seeing if they need volunteer work as Im not to far from where they are.. part of whats kept me away is the tv show, I dont want anything to do with that, not my 'cup of tea'. But if it wasnt for the show I never would have known I was so close to such a huge rescue.. if the show had come out a month sooner I would have gone there first when I started looking for a dog.. they were a month to late (and I love my pup to death lol)

Old 02-02-2010, 08:55 PM   #7
AmfitNom

what day, channel and time is the show on?

Old 02-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #8
enurihent

I would go and work there for free. But I gotta put my tent somewheres.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:04 AM   #9
Atmotteenrift

yeh,they are getting paid for that show, i wouldnt donate any money to them,theyre not hurting for money,if yuo want to donate ,donate to a local shelter-even though i hate shelters-they need more help than some snot on tv does,hell your local shelter would accept a bag of dog food and you would recieve a great amount of thanks from them
Wait...you wouldn't donate to the largest pit bull rescue in the world because there's a TV show about them? Yea, they get paid, but they also are trying to take care of 200 dogs as well as pay their workers. How would you know if they are hurting for money or not? They are an enormous rescue and rely on donations - but because they had one season of pit bulls and parolees they don't deserve donations anymore. If everyone thought like you all of these dogs would be either on the street or dead. I'm sure that they would accept anything that they could get too. Anyone who is busting their ass to rescue, train, and feed 200 pit bulls is no "snot" in my book. Not to mention the fact that unlike so many other shows and documentaries about pit bulls out there this show actually focuses on the facts about the breed (including their tendencies to DA, which I think is important) while still promoting a good image and stressing what great dogs they can be.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:16 AM   #10
ManHolDenPoker

it is your opinion after all, and you certainly are entitled to it...

Old 02-03-2010, 02:39 AM   #11
Psymoussy

your damn right i wouldnt donate to that rescue,if i were going to give anyone money id give it to a local charity for a kid with cancer rather than some resuce that is getting paid for a tv show,that had a huge benfit put on,which all of the proceeds went to that rescue.i would rather help where it would actually count around me,id rather give dog food to the local rescue who have more invested in it than trying to be on a successful tv show.sure ,call it unenlightened that i would rather help a local rescue that could actually use it,then fuck,i guess im unenlightened.fuck giving money to a rescue when it could help a family out that could actually use the money ,give the rescue's food or help them,or help get them supplies to continue the resuce work.
and when it comes down to it, i would rather see a majority of those dogs put to sleep

Old 02-03-2010, 02:57 AM   #12
HowardtheDuck

HAHA!

nobody is prioritizing villalobos over cancer patients.

You won't donate to them because they had a huge benefit put on? You are probably against donating money to Haiti too, then, right?

They have been open for 15 years, one of which they had a TV show. Where do you get off saying that their dogs aren't their priority?

Are you for or against donating to rescues? Still unclear there...

Would you give that money to a family or rescue? Or a cancer patient? Unclear there too...

Who the hell are you to say that most of those dogs should be put down anyway? Are you a behaviorist? A dog pyschology expert? A vet? A trainer? And even if you were, have you met any of those dogs?

Old 02-03-2010, 03:13 AM   #13
gregmcal

HAHA!

nobody is prioritizing villalobos over cancer patients.

You won't donate to them because they had a huge benefit put on? You are probably against donating money to Haiti too, then, right?

They have been open for 15 years, one of which they had a TV show. Where do you get off saying that their dogs aren't their priority?

Are you for or against donating to rescues? Still unclear there...

Would you give that money to a family or rescue? Or a cancer patient? Unclear there too...

Who the hell are you to say that most of those dogs should be put down anyway? Are you a behaviorist? A dog pyschology expert? A vet? A trainer? And even if you were, have you met any of those dogs?
HAHA couldn't have said it better myself.

After reading your little rant there 6pack, I'm about 99% confident that you know NOTHING about that rescue. They've been open for a LONG time without even having a TV show never mind that being their priority. Do you expect that a benefit for the largest pit rescue in the world will fund them FOREVER? If so then you have no concept of reality and if not then I don't know why you think that is good means for discouraging future donation. Thats great that you think people should help out local rescues, I do too, but that's no reason for not helping out Villalobos. And as for your judgement that most of those dogs should be put down, I would LOVE to know where that's coming from. Being that you think (with no basis) most of them should be put down, now I completely understand why you wouldn't donate...because you don't believe in their cause. As for us that do, we will keep fighting against your ignorance in trying to give the breed a chance.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:20 AM   #14
Blacksheepaalredy

haha!

Nobody is prioritizing villalobos over cancer patients.

You won't donate to them because they had a huge benefit put on? You are probably against donating money to haiti too, then, right?

i wouldnt donate to them becuase id rather donate food or something other than money to a local rescue.and no i would not donate money to for haiti because there are more important things going on in my own communty to worry about another country

they have been open for 15 years, one of which they had a tv show. Where do you get off saying that their dogs aren't their priority?

are you for or against donating to rescues? Still unclear there...
as stated clearly,i would rather donate food or something needed at a local rescue than money

would you give that money to a family or rescue? Or a cancer patient? Unclear there too...

i would rather give my money to the family of a cancer patient than a resuce,as stated before

who the hell are you to say that most of those dogs should be put down anyway? Are you a behaviorist? A dog pyschology expert? A vet? A trainer? And even if you were, have you met any of those dogs?
i am a realist living in the real world, its not because of the dog that i believe that they should be put down,its the majority that are adopting these dogs they dont have a clue ,that continue to fuck up what is being fought so hard for
---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

And as for your judgement that most of those dogs should be put down, I would LOVE to know where that's coming from. Being that you think (with no basis) most of them should be put down, now I completely understand why you wouldn't donate...because you don't believe in their cause. As for us that do, we will keep fighting against your ignorance in trying to give the breed a chance.
all that resuce is doing is prolonging the inevitable for those dogs, as i am 100% that a majority of those dogs will be taken to a home by some moron who watched animal planet and took everything as fact on there,that think they know all that there is to know about pit bulls,and the damn dogs will end up in another shelter becuase the morons couldnt take care of it

Old 02-03-2010, 03:34 AM   #15
MauroDarudo

your profile says it all "Chicken shit farmer" I asked a simple question about pitbulls and 99% of the people all have something in common "They love pitbulls" what a unique breed of dog we own, the love and passion i see on here is 2nd to none. pitbulls and parolies does two things, not only they can and feed over 200 pitbulls they give jobs to parolies who couldng get a job in the real world, If i had the funds ide do the same thing

Old 02-03-2010, 03:41 AM   #16
w4WBthjv

all that resuce is doing is prolonging the inevitable for those dogs, as i am 100% that a majority of those dogs will be taken to a home by some moron who watched animal planet and took everything as fact on there,that think they know all that there is to know about pit bulls,and the damn dogs will end up in another shelter becuase the morons couldnt take care of it
Once again, learn something about them before you pass judgment. Take a look at their website. They do NOT just give dogs to anyone and they are picky about how knowledgeable the potential owners are...just because they have a TV show doesn't mean that they are complete idiots. The people running that rescue have been working with the breed for a LONG time and know that it is important that adopters know a thing or two. I trust that they probably have a lot more experience with the breed than you do. Just because they are on TV doesn't make them as much of a dip-shit as their viewers are.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:47 AM   #17
Cibirrigmavog

your profile says it all "Chicken shit farmer" I asked a simple question about pitbulls and 99% of the people all have something in common "They love pitbulls" what a unique breed of dog we own, the love and passion i see on here is 2nd to none. pitbulls and parolies does two things, not only they can and feed over 200 pitbulls they give jobs to parolies who couldng get a job in the real world, If i had the funds ide do the same thing
ha,it may say that but im an electrical engineer from virginia.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Once again, learn something about them before you pass judgment. Take a look at their website. They do NOT just give dogs to anyone and they are picky about how knowledgeable the potential owners are...just because they have a TV show doesn't mean that they are complete idiots. The people running that rescue have been working with the breed for a LONG time and know that it is important that adopters know a thing or two. I trust that they probably have a lot more experience with the breed than you do. Just because they are on TV doesn't make them as much of a dip-shit as their viewers are.
they dont know have as much as you would like to think

Old 02-03-2010, 04:01 AM   #18
drislerfottor

they dont know have as much as you would like to think OK first of all.....WHAT!?

If what you meant by that was that they don't have the knowledge and experience that I think they have, I am interested in how you know that? Once again, do you know ANYTHING about them? If you back up your claim that they don't have experience, then I stand corrected, but I'm willing to bet you have absolutely no clue.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:02 AM   #19
AnneseeKels

As for Pitbulls And Parolees, i havent donated yet but im going to check into that. I LOVE the show!

Old 02-03-2010, 06:38 AM   #20
ftpsoft

from watching the show, 1st or 2nd episode, she clearly denies adoption from someone who's present dog would cause a problem. They are very deliberate in what they tell people. Be it, what to expect from the dog, what you need before even being considered and when you are not a good solution for the dog in question. She doesn't let people just go in and say "hey I want that pretty one there", you can suggest but she brings out dogs that more fit the interested parties energy level, as well as supervise the interaction between everyone. Im sure there may be better places to donate but also clearly much worse as well.

+5 for donating and trying to help out however you can.

Reply to Thread New Thread