LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
darieBarexish

Default Most destructive thing your dog has ever done..
The longest I have ever left my two alone for, is an hour. I was held up, and the twenty minutes maximum I normally imposed, turned into an hour. I came back to this:

They have never been left alone since, despite being OK with me nipping to the shop previously. (I don't leave my dogs outside a shop, they get stolen that way).

What's the most destructive thing your dog(s) has ever done?

Old 09-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
Hdzcxqoi

Ours used to lick the walls and chew the baseboards. All of our walls would have giant bald areas and the moldings and baseboards were all chewed on. She was a psycho, haha. We broke her of it though so she is good now.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
StitsVobsaith

I believe that the most destructive thing one of my dogs has ever done is rip down a wall. She is a wolf Australian Shepard mix. I left her in my study for half an hour while I ran a quick errand in town. When I got back she was sitting in the middle of the room and the wall between the study and bathroom was almost gone. She had splinters in her lips!

I've had wires chewed, DVDs destroyed, clothes shredded, and a lot of other damage, but that wall has to be at the top of the list.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
zzquo0iR

We had a Labrador at one point and years ago when he was just a growing puppy, we went to the store for a little bit like we had done many times before.

Except this time, over by his food dish, he discovered a piece of the linoleum in the kitchen was peeling up a bit. This couldn't be ignored, right?

So he pulled up the entire kitchen floor....

Old 09-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
artkolkovk

Oh my, where do I even start?

I've had several dogs over the years so I will just ramble off some of the crazy things that my family and I have walked into:

- entire closet full of shoes torn apart
- every plant in the house dug up and dirt littered all across the house, complete with doggy paw prints all over the brand new white couch
- curtains torn down from windows
- school textbooks and homework shredded to pieces (at least I had a good excuse back then)
- furniture and mattresses used as chew toys

Ahhh, but they're/were some of the best friends I have/had ever had. How could I ever be mad?

Old 09-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #6
darieBarexish

We had a Labrador at one point and years ago when he was just a growing puppy, we went to the store for a little bit like we had done many times before.

Except this time, over by his food dish, he discovered a piece of the linoleum in the kitchen was peeling up a bit. This couldn't be ignored, right?

So he pulled up the entire kitchen floor....
Oh gawd, yeah that would be something Sherlock would probably do. He doesn't like loose things, and rips/shreds his way through them. Whenever we get a dog food delivery, it usually comes in a very large cardboard box. We always let him play with it and shred it, because it wears him out, and he likes to hide inside it, and fight his way out. Fortunately we don't have lino anywhere inside, but if we did, I suspect he'd have clawed into it, and destroyed it by now.

Bulldog by name, bulldog by nature.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:15 AM   #7
skupaemauto

I own two boxers, so I understand how destructive dogs can get when left to their own devices! I adopted one of my boxers from Craigslist when she was about 8 months old. When I first brought her home, she was wild!

I have a huge fenced in yard, and I typically let the dogs stay in the yard if I need to run an errand and I leave the screen porch door propped open so they can get on the porch if it rains or what not. I had one of those glider rockers with a stool and a table on my porch, and she managed to rip the cushions off, eat the wood on the chair and stool, tear the screen off the opened door, and she was jumping on the table actually chewing up the wood on the porch! So, I thought I will just take everything off the front porch until she matures more, but I made the mistake of leaving a roll-up rug there. She ended up chewing up the rug later.

She has chewed up a few things in the house, but the worst was probably my laptop wires on both laptops! I finally got her to get toys from her toy box, and she is doing a 1000 times better now and rarely chews up anything in the house.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:30 AM   #8
tilmprarnerit

I have a friend who had her entire sofa eaten up by her dog after leaving him for a couple of hours.

Fortunately, my dog's type of destruction isn't beyond repair. We left for an hour and she decided to pee on my bed. I was foam-less for two whole weeks because it was raining non-stop and we couldn't hang it out to dry.

Reply to Thread New Thread