LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 06-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
Theariwinna

I am so glad your story has a happy ending, you actually got a sibling of the pup you lost which is classic. I remember when we lost our boy of 10yrs it actually took a while before I was ready but given your situation I don't blame you for taking up the breeder on the offer. Oh as far as the crates, we use baby gates to keep Mr. Bishop contained in the room we are occupying and it has gone great although Mr B did realize he can easily clear the gates when he is determined....so needless to say even if we wanted to we aren't leaving him in a room alone. Good luck to you and your family..

Old 06-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
Carfanate

sorry for your loss!!!! btw your dog is so cute!!!! good luck and keep an eye on em' they are sneaky and very opportunistic.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
Aagotiq

Oh shit he's cute!

Good to hear everyone is happy with the new decision! I wish you all the best of luck and don't forget to keep us updated on pics in the photography forum!

Old 08-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #4
markphata

Default New beginnings after a tragic loss?
Unfortunately my wife and I had a tragic accident with our puppy this week and he is no longer with us. We had our eyes off him when we were making dinner which we do every Wednesday. While we were cooking he snuck to a lamp cord and started to chew on it without our knowledge. A power surge went through the house at the same time and it stopped our babies heart. I Tried resuscitating him and rushed him to the vet e.r. but it was too late. A sad day for us for we were great owners who never left him by himself and he was kenneled if he was ever to be alone.

So the man that sold me my puppy is a close friend of our family. He gave us a call to send his regards and gave me a proposition for my loss. He kept the stud male of the litter for future breeding, but after he heard of what happened he offered to give him to us for he is our late puppie's brother. I know accidents like this happen all the time with no way of knowing it was going to happen, but this was my first puppy and I somewhat feel like I failed. He gave us until Sunday to decide if we want him. On an outside opinion do you think it would be a good fit for us to try again especially with the puppy being his brother, or should we need some time to re-evaluate? The Brindle is our baby that passed and the white is the brother he is offering us.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
outsitWrord

Do what your and your wife's heart tell you to do. I'm sorry for your loss

Old 08-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
sPncEjF7

I'm sorry for your loss also.

If it were me, I would jump all over the offer. It would give me a sense of having the baby I lost.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #7
LindaSmithXV

Before you get another puppy, I would suggest puppy proofing your house. :/ Otherwise i'm sorry for your loss and hope you make the right choice. But Please decide where the puppy is going when you cannot watch him as well as puppy proofing your home! Don't want this happening again.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #8
markphata

Thanks alot for the compassion. Was a very tragic event we had to deal with especially with our son witnessing the whole thing.

My only concern with getting the new puppy is if I would look at him as if he was my baby that i lost being that he his brother, instead of looking at him for who HE is...

Old 08-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #9
zttrftwsq

Im so sorry what a tragic loss. I agrre with Joe, you should do what your heart says. If the new puppy would help you both move on and live happily then go for it, but if you feel in your heart that you need more time to mourn then you should wait. Keep us posted, we're all here for you!

Old 08-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #10
markphata

I agree completely. Like i said we loved him and were very good owners. We never took him growing up for granted.

Old 08-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #11
Aagotiq

So sorry to hear! My heart hurt's for you all I can't even imagine!

I don't think anyone need's to tell you what to do with your next pup (if you do get another). I'm sure you learn from life experiences. Just be prepared that this will probably be filled with people telling you should done "this" and you need to do "that". No one is perfect and even all these people that tell everyone else what to do and how they should raise there dog's slip up from time to time I'm sure.

Good luck and keep us updated!

Old 08-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #12
P3bWjm1j

I say go for it IF you puppy proof your house prior to bringing him home. As well as crating or leashing the puppy to you if you are not directly supervising. I'm sorry that happened to you, but it was completely preventable. Poor puppy.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #13
occalmnab

My condolences on the loss of your puppy, how sad. I don't think you need any reminders about puppy proofing your home after a tragedy such as this, I'm sure you are going to be absolutely 100% all over any new puppy you eventually get as far as supervision.

Sometimes things happen for a reason, and possibly this new little guy is the answer to healing your heart..as well as a welcome distraction for your family. I would go for it, and enjoy the new puppy for the individual that he will be. Good luck.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #14
markphata

Thank you everyone for the compassion, and I thank you all for the kind, acceptive criticism. I will take these thoughts, and advice with my family and myself in our decision that we will be making tonight. Again thank you all.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #15
DoniandaCoado

I'm sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you and your family are in. I'm sure if you decide to bring this new puppy in your home he will have eyes on him 100% of the time. Good luck

Old 08-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #16
Eltabaco

I'm so very sorry for your loss. If it were me, I would take the offer of the puppy but that's totally up to you. Just be sure to puppy proof your house prior to bringing this pup home and if you can't keep eyes on him crate him so he's safe from harm even if you are in the kitchen making dinner.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:02 AM   #17
meencegic

That is so sad, I'm so sorry to hear of of this tragedy. Good luck making your decision on the new pup. Keep us posted.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:25 AM   #18
Toivaluadiora

I'm sorry for y'all's loss.. Your pup was adorable, as is his brother. I wish you luck as well, with whatever you decide.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:42 AM   #19
Natashasuw

Only you and your family can know if you are ready to bring in a different puppy. I wouldn't accept the puppy JUST because it is your puppy' brother... Meet the puppy, and if he fits and you love him, bring him home. If he doesn't, then don't. Unless you picked this breeding for a particular reason and waited for it, I don't see any reason to take a related dog JUST because it is related.

Good luck

Old 08-07-2012, 04:52 AM   #20
dahlilaninfo

I am so sorry to hear about this. I agree with the others who say go with your families heart. No one can tell you what you should do. But I know for me I would ask if you could spend like an hour with the brother. See how it makes everyone feel. I wish you well in what you decided and again sorry for your loss.

Reply to Thread New Thread