LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-23-2012, 04:37 AM   #1
kKFB1BxX

Default How do I acquire UKC Pedigree ?
Yes, I know the UKC isn't a 'Great' registery , but i would like to see my Am. Bullies pedigree. I've tried searching online but no luck, I've contact the breeder (a good friend) who doesn't know anything about 'dog', since his brother is the actual breeder. But he is out of town/country. He gave me a UKC sheet that had my dog's parents on there and they are Purple ribbon (Worthless IK). If i send this in will they send me back a her UKC pedigree?

P.S. The paper he gave me was a "Application for Permanent Registration'

Thanks

Old 05-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #2
harriettvanders

Your post is a little confusing...WHO gave you the UKC sheet? The breeder?

It seems what you received is the registration paper for your pup..which is what you are supposed to receive when you purchase a registered pup.

Until you fill out and send in that form, your pup will not be registered. Somewhere on that form there should be an area where you can request a 3, 5, or 7 generation pedigree for an additional fee.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #3
outsitWrord

United Kennel Club: How to Register A Single Dog

Old 05-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
GVsdJZ2H

Yeah that.

And who said UKC wasn't a great registry?

Old 05-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #5
cypedembeda

For starters if you have an Ambully you need to get ABKC registration. Until you do you just have an APBT if the dog your talking about is in your avatar.

UKC is a good registry but not for Bullies. Send in the application you got and when the paperwork comes back look into getting your dog ABKC registered...
www.theabkcdogs.org

Old 05-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #6
whimpykid

For starters if you have an Ambully you need to get ABKC registration. Until you do you just have an APBT if the dog your talking about is in your avatar.

UKC is a good registry but not for Bullies. Send in the application you got and when the paperwork comes back look into getting your dog ABKC registered...
www.theabkcdogs.org
i hope you worded that wrong, because papers with a breed name doesnt suddenly change your dogs breed. lol

Old 05-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #7
kKFB1BxX

Yes, The application is for an "American Pitbull Terrrier" And I know UKC does not have Am. Bullies. - But Im just curious to see her ped, Both her parents are 'PR'. - I got the papers from the Breeder's brother, who took care of the pups / dogs because his brother is out of the country atm.

Old 05-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #8
Preegovesem

If he already has the application for registration which came with the pup, he won't have to go through the single registration process -- he just needs to send in the paperwork he got. I don't think you can single register APBTs at this time anyway.

Carla

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

www.theabkcdogs.org
He has UKC papers for an American Pit Bull Terrier, not for an "American Bully".

He certainly CAN go register as an "American Bully" with ABKC if he wishes.
Pretty ridiculous, IMO, but, whatever.

Carla

Old 05-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #9
outsitWrord

If he already has the application for registration which came with the pup, he won't have to go through the single registration process -- he just needs to send in the paperwork he got. I don't think you can single register APBTs at this time anyway.
I think the instructions for filling out the application are linked to on that page I provided. At least that is what I tried to do as well as show other possibilities available. But yes, the bottom line is that he needs to send in the application in order to get a pedigree. Otherwise, one will not be provided.

If all he wants is a pedigree and really doesn't care to register with the UKC, another choice would be to wait until the breeder gets back in country. If the breeder has the pups application, the sire and dam are registered and he likely has the pedigrees as well.

Reply to Thread New Thread