LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #1
Rjvpicux

Default Albino Red Boy ????
Hello all. Sorry I have not been on for a while. I was introduced to this new, interesting thing called Facebook - dang that thing can be addicting! But anyway to get back OT, my neighbor told me last night that his "APBT" was part Redboy & part "Albino Redboy." I asked him WTH is an "Albino Redboy???" He said it was a Redboy bred dog that was white with a red nose. Anyone heard of this or is it some new BYB term like "Gatamouff" & "Texas Rednose?" I'm not a Redboy fancier, so any opinions from those in the know about this it would be appreciated.

(OH I forgot to add, his dog is white with tan patches & a black nose. He also says he can't find the papers but the dog is supposedly UKC PR. I told him something stinks bad like in Denmark, but I would ask about the Albino Redboy thing anyway.)

Thanks & good to see most of you all again!

Old 03-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
muytreda

lol..... byb term for sure

Old 03-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
Rjvpicux

Thanks. I figured that it was as soon as it came out of his mouth, but since I am not a serious student of the Redboy line I told him I would ask around to make sure.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #4
popandopulus

Red boy blood tends to throw a lot of white dogs. Red Boy was a black nosed dog. I don't know about the albino thing though.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:52 AM   #5
ovH9wfSJ

or is it some new BYB term like "Gatamouff" & "Texas Rednose?"

THIS.

There is absolutely no truth to anything your neighbour has said.

Albino dogs ENTIRELY lack pigment. It's not just a white dog.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:23 AM   #6
Rjvpicux

Vader: I thought Redboy was a red/rednosed dog? At least he appears to be from his picture.

Teal: During my research to find this "extremely rare" albino Redboy line (did I mention he was told it was extremely rare? lol.) I have found that BYBs are now calling solid white rednosed dogs "albino." Another made up selling point I guess, like blue gatamouff. I can only suppose the notion behind the albino nick is that 1: the dogs have no black pigment & thus are mistaken for albinos &/or 2: it sells pups.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:38 AM   #7
8jIDXQ80

What pic have you seen?? His black nose is obvious..

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com....php?dog_id=60

Old 03-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #8
ovH9wfSJ

Teal: During my research to find this "extremely rare" albino Redboy line (did I mention he was told it was extremely rare? lol.) I have found that BYBs are now calling solid white rednosed dogs "albino." Another made up selling point I guess, like blue gatamouff. I can only suppose the notion behind the albino nick is that 1: the dogs have no black pigment & thus are mistaken for albinos &/or 2: it sells pups.

I can guarantee it is idiots who actually think their dogs are albino.

But there is a HUGE difference between -

and

Well... at least to me there is

Old 03-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #9
accotMask17

where one has red the other hs a light pink almost white.. it is so easy for some person looking to make a buck into fooling some poor fool into buying it.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #10
Rjvpicux

6pack1%er: Yes that is the picture of Redboy I have seen. It looks like he has a red nose to me, not black. Maybe I need to examine it closer or find a better picture!

RANDY2191: Yes, you are right ...

Old 03-19-2012, 04:07 PM   #11
Rjvpicux

I was correct in my assumption. Redboy was red/rednosed, not blacknosed. Here is a historical article specifically stating he was rednosed:

"1st match: - Mr. Bass vs. William Cable - males @ 52 lbs. J. Adams - referee. J.C. Vincent is handling a red-red nosed dog that he been conditioned for this match by Howard T. He's called Red Boy. William Cable conditioned and handled his two-time winner Fang, a red dog black mask. Fang in Red Boy's chest and has a good hold and stays there. Red Boy trying to get him out with ear holds. At 9 minutes a turn is called on Fang, but he's in hold with Red Boy's leg in his mouth. Handled at 17 minutes Fang scratches good. Red Boy scratches at 21 minutes and comes to the top fighting the head. Fang evens things up fighting the back end at 28 minutes. Red Boy on the nose. 30 minutes Fang scratches. The dogs are handled again at 33 minutes and the referee makes an error and Fang scratches again. Three more scratches by Red Boy and two by Fang and at 1 hour 2 minutes Fang is to scratch. He wanders off to a neutral corner and is counted out. Bass' Tramp Red Boy wins."

Old 03-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #12
popandopulus

I was correct in my assumption. Redboy was red/rednosed, not blacknosed. Here is a historical article specifically stating he was rednosed:

"1st match: - Mr. Bass vs. William Cable - males @ 52 lbs. J. Adams - referee. J.C. Vincent is handling a red-red nosed dog that he been conditioned for this match by Howard T. He's called Red Boy. William Cable conditioned and handled his two-time winner Fang, a red dog black mask. Fang in Red Boy's chest and has a good hold and stays there. Red Boy trying to get him out with ear holds. At 9 minutes a turn is called on Fang, but he's in hold with Red Boy's leg in his mouth. Handled at 17 minutes Fang scratches good. Red Boy scratches at 21 minutes and comes to the top fighting the head. Fang evens things up fighting the back end at 28 minutes. Red Boy on the nose. 30 minutes Fang scratches. The dogs are handled again at 33 minutes and the referee makes an error and Fang scratches again. Three more scratches by Red Boy and two by Fang and at 1 hour 2 minutes Fang is to scratch. He wanders off to a neutral corner and is counted out. Bass' Tramp Red Boy wins."
Don't believe a match report when your eyes can tell you the truth.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:34 AM   #13
Rjvpicux

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. The picture is poor quality & his nose looks red to me. It must have looked red to others as well if he was clearly labeled as a red/rednosed dog in his report. I mean why would they lie about something as trivial as his nose color??

Old 03-20-2012, 05:15 AM   #14
popandopulus

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. The picture is poor quality & his nose looks red to me. It must have looked red to others as well if he was clearly labeled as a red/rednosed dog in his report. I mean why would they lie about something as trivial as his nose color??
Are you saying the dog in the picture I just posted has a red nose? It's obviously black. I know we're arguing about something stupid and trivial, but come on.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #15
ovH9wfSJ

BOTH pictures of that dog clearly show his nose is black...

Just sayin'.

Old 03-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #16
Rjvpicux

I just don't see it. It looks dark red to me. And the match report states that he was rednosed. But yes, the argument about the color of his nose is indeed trivial. You are going by grainy, poor quality photos. I am going on eyewitness accounts. Can we come to a consensus? No. Which is why I said we will just have to agree to disagree. You say tomato, I say tomahto. Is it worth arguing over? No.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

EDIT: Pedigree with picture. Red/rednose. Maybe I am wrong. I am just going by what I am seeing & reading.

APBT Online Database

Old 03-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #17
r5YOPDyk

Both pictures of Red boy shown has shadows on his face, proabably because the person taking the picture was right in front of him. So arguing the color of his nose is completly futile. The camera could easily see the red as a black because of the shadow and underexpose that part of the image. Then when you take it out of the film roll and develop it, depending on how the process is done, the colors could change again, then when its scanned into the computer, it changes again, then depending on your moniter color settings and hardware, you might see a image with slightly different colors than another person. With such a old picture, i wouldnt trust any color on the image.

If it was me, i would go with a personal account from someone who has actually seen the dog than some old picture.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #18
popandopulus

If you believe hie pedigree its hard to believe he'd be a red nosed dog. Then again, its hard to believe a dog that was that heavy in Colby blood would throw so many red nosed dogs and so few brindled. Most people that I've talked to believe his papers were hung anyway. Regardless, RB was a damn black nosed dog.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #19
muytreda

Red nose

Black nose

The dog in those pics posted has black pigment in other then just the nose. So it would not be a red nose dog.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #20
Maymayfor

im sorry for bringing this back up but redboy had a red nose people.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

redboy dogs do throw white all white ones out there occasionally. and im saying pure redboy dogs. they say if its white it was bred too tight. maybe the mysterious albino redboy dog was just one of them over bred redboy dogs and the BYB didnt know any better. either way your neighbor should be jabbed in the neck for being dumb.

and again most importantly redboy had a red nose not a black one lol. its part of the reason he was named redboy.

Reply to Thread New Thread