LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-28-2011, 12:10 AM   #1
Deribasov

Default Wwydd?
Well I was messing around yesterday with a friend of mine (not that kind of messing around) and we started pinching and hitting each other and play fighting.
The guy popped me on my arm and it made a noise and Bear jumps up and gives him the stare down, so me just wanting to see what Bear would do, I tell the guy to hit me on my arm and I yell "GET HIM BEAR GET HIM" and Bear goes ape shit on the guy, barking and biting his hands and trying to get in between me and the guy, I made him stop before he got to riled up and really bit the guy, but that was kind of cool, to me anyway.
Its nice knowing that my dog will protect me if it seems like I am being hurt, or I ask him. It makes me feel better about walking him in the earlier hours, and being home alone.

Id like to think Bear would seriously attack someone to keep me from being harmed...

So I was wondering, if YOU were being attacked what would your dog(s) do?

Old 09-28-2011, 12:13 AM   #2
QualityReachOut

Ike: Run for his life. He almost had a nervous breakdown today when the roofers were on the house, ffs.

Rita: I think she'd protect me. Not sure if she would bite, but she'd bark and try looking intimidating.

Owen: Howl the house down and maybe try to help.

Renee: She'd probably think we were playing and join in.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:15 AM   #3
viagsjicguara

I have a feeling none of mine would do anything.. Piper might think it was fun and jump all over the person, but that's about it. Sako would run and hide (he's the biggest wuss ever), for sure. Wilson, eh, he's my most protective but I still doubt that he'd do anything.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:23 AM   #4
Peter Hill

Carter would run away and hide. You'd find him later curled up in the far end of his crate if it were available to him. But then again, there was a TV delivery guy here a week ago that was yelling at me. Carter was crated right next to me and started "talking" (howling, whining, barking) at the guy. He wasn't happy that someone was yelling at me, but he was also in the safety of his own crate. Hard to tell for sure.

Bentley, I'm not so sure. I think he'd probably go after a person that was attacking me. He's pretty good at sensing how I feel about a person.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #5
zdlupikkkdi

Peanut would do as Bear. I know he has done serious damage to a box and a laundry basket i have pretended were hurting me. he was not happy about something inanimate that he thought was causing me harm. i hope to never find out but i would assume he would not let someone harm me.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:29 AM   #6
Deribasov

Wow lol scardy cats

I wonder is Bear being protective has anything to do with me getting him so young, I brought him home at 4weeks and he has been up my ass ever since.. or maybe its because he is a BYB dog and in Phoenix most pit bull typed dogs are bred for being guarding and protective more so than actual APBTs?
Although his mother was the biggest mushy goof I have ever seen lol

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Peanut would do as Bear. I know he has done serious damage to a box and a laundry basket i have pretended were hurting me. he was not happy about something inanimate that he thought was causing me harm. i hope to never find out but i would assume he would not let someone harm me.
Hm. Interesting. You know me and you are with our dogs about 24/7 all the time, they go with us almost everywhere.. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Old 09-28-2011, 12:35 AM   #7
FYIbiatches

Willow would probably just bark a few times and then start wiggling her butt like it was a fun game lol.
When my boyfriend and I rough house raj tries to get in the middle and "break us up". He doesn't try to play either. I can only imagine what it would be like if it was a stranger...but I hope im never in that sort of situation to find out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Old 09-28-2011, 12:37 AM   #8
Deribasov

I kind of want to stage something and see what would happen lol me and my family did a fake break in to see what our mastiff would do and she was ready to kill, the guy wouldnt even come all the way in the door lol

Old 09-28-2011, 12:38 AM   #9
zdlupikkkdi

i think it may have something to do with it. Peanut is not the same way with anyone else but he is not with anyone else like he is with me. he keeps an eye on me at all times he doesn't let me out of his sight. if he is asleep i get up to leave the room he has to get up and run after me make sure i am okay then he will go back to his bed and go back to sleep. my husband gets up and leaves Peanut doesn't even get up.

Peanut we have had since he was really young, 5 weeks and I have been with him 24/7 ever since. I think we have a special bond. I do not think he is a protective dog as he wouldn't care about any of our things he lets people he doesn't know in the house without worry (these are people we invite in) and he doesnt care if my husband pretends the box was hurting him or the laundry basket. I did pretend the box hurt me (i was hiding in it) he tore the box open and got me out and similar with the laundry basket it is missing parts of it. i just think because our bond is so strong he would do anything to make sure i was not being hurt.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:40 AM   #10
Buincchotourbss

Ruger - Would try to sweet talk the assailant out of it. He doesn't have it in him to hurt anyone

Jolene - I think she might actually try to interfere. I don't think she'd full on bite someone, but I think she'd try to help somehow.

Bukra - He will TAKE YOUR ASS DOWN. The one dog here you don't want to mess with is the saluki! lol He has already proven that he guards our home and my truck... and he made it IMMENSELY clear to someone who was yelling at me that they weren't welcome at our house anymore EVER, and that there was no way they were getting anywhere near me.

The others here - Bindah, Angus, Lyric, and Spanky - wouldn't really do anything aside from bark their food heads off, and half of them would hide!

Old 09-28-2011, 12:50 AM   #11
Deribasov

i think it may have something to do with it. Peanut is not the same way with anyone else but he is not with anyone else like he is with me. he keeps an eye on me at all times he doesn't let me out of his sight. if he is asleep i get up to leave the room he has to get up and run after me make sure i am okay then he will go back to his bed and go back to sleep. my husband gets up and leaves Peanut doesn't even get up.

Peanut we have had since he was really young, 5 weeks and I have been with him 24/7 ever since. I think we have a special bond. I do not think he is a protective dog as he wouldn't care about any of our things he lets people he doesn't know in the house without worry (these are people we invite in) and he doesnt care if my husband pretends the box was hurting him or the laundry basket. I did pretend the box hurt me (i was hiding in it) he tore the box open and got me out and similar with the laundry basket it is missing parts of it. i just think because our bond is so strong he would do anything to make sure i was not being hurt.
See thats how Bear is, he could care less about other people but he will cry and sit by the door is I lock him in one part of the house, or out of the bathroom. He is literally by me all the time, if I got up while he was dead asleep on the couch and went into the bathroom I can guarantee in 2 seconds I would here is tags jingle as he was walking down the hall to watch me and make sure I was okay lol
Also when we are out and its just me by myself he is right next to me and will watch like his head is on a swivel. If people start walking towards me and I am not paying attention he gets very stiff and stares until I notice the person.

Ruger - Would try to sweet talk the assailant out of it. He doesn't have it in him to hurt anyone

Jolene - I think she might actually try to interfere. I don't think she'd full on bite someone, but I think she'd try to help somehow.

Bukra - He will TAKE YOUR ASS DOWN. The one dog here you don't want to mess with is the saluki! lol He has already proven that he guards our home and my truck... and he made it IMMENSELY clear to someone who was yelling at me that they weren't welcome at our house anymore EVER, and that there was no way they were getting anywhere near me.

The others here - Bindah, Angus, Lyric, and Spanky - wouldn't really do anything aside from bark their food heads off, and half of them would hide!
Speaking of Saluki I was walking Bear the other morning and this old guy, had to be about 80 or more, had a saluki that was gorgeous! Bear stared at her like he fell in love or something lol the guy gave me the "nice dog" and he got a "gorgeous dog" back lol I havnt seen one in so long and this one was stunning

Old 09-28-2011, 01:03 AM   #12
Storwaytozy

Cleo - Would do absolutely nothing. Probably attack them with kisses.

Torque - Give him a simple "Get 'em", and he'll go after anything I tell him to. He loves all people. Don't get me wrong. But, if I give him the command, he will do as I say.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:04 AM   #13
viagsjicguara

Hm. Interesting. You know me and you are with our dogs about 24/7 all the time, they go with us almost everywhere.. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?
I'm pretty much with my dogs 24/7 too, but I still doubt they'd do anything LOL. I mean, I've (luckily) never been in a situation like that, so I really don't know.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:12 AM   #14
Seiblybiozy

I would sincerely hope my dogs would do nothing. I feel it's up to us to protect our dogs, not the other way around. I'd be REAL disappointed if my dogs EVER tried to seriously bite or attack a human.

Now, with that said ... If my dog wanted to give me a hand if my friend Sig Sauer (in my choice of either .380, 9mm, .40 or .45 cal) hang fires ... well, I'm fine with the dogs jumping in ... but ONLY as a last and final resort.

If I wanted a dog for protection I could depend on ... I'd get a protection breed dog.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:13 AM   #15
eskimosik

At a party awhile ago a guy was dancing with my GF & stood on her foot, she went owww of course. The dog came out of nowhere & bailed our friend against the wall, just barking, no contact, but we were really impressed. The dog has done the same to my GF when she flicked my ass with a tea towel. No doubt she would get stuck in if we were the victims of aggression or violence.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:14 AM   #16
Fainnamoony

heck Gambit just got chased out of the garage by a 3inch lizard. I'm screwed if someone calls his bluff. Golf club in everyroom though.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:24 AM   #17
Deribasov

@Joe, now I dont expect him to be my guard dog, I dont egg him on to make him act like that, I didnt get him for that. I have a gun on the way for that job, if I wanted a guard dog I would have gotten a Mastiff or GSD. Its just a little nice knowing if someone tries to do something to me he would try and stop them as best he can.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:41 AM   #18
PetraCromlich

lol interesting question The two biggest ones, Major (mastiff) and Solomon (american bulldog) would both probably just bark their heads off and Major would be the first load to just lay down and give up. But even though she's young, I suspect Cleo would try to intervene, how I don't know how, but I don't think she would like anybody messing with me.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

heck gambit just got chased out of the garage by a 3inch lizard. I'm screwed if someone calls his bluff. Golf club in everyroom though.
lol that's just too funny!!!

Old 09-28-2011, 01:41 AM   #19
zdlupikkkdi

see i still don't see him as a protector or a guard because he won't even get up if its anyone other then me. i think because we have such a tight bond he would do like anyone eho cares for another and make sure they are not in harm and if they are they would want to help you out. i would do the same for him or any other person that i care about. Peanut runs from leaves blowing he is not a tough guy but i think if ever we were in a tight spot he would try to make sure i was safe just as i would be doing for him.

Pookie does Bear "knock" on the door when you go into another room or bathroom and have the door shut and wont stop til you open it?

Joe-do you have the P220? That is what i have and i LOVE LOVE that gun.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:44 AM   #20
Storwaytozy

@Joe, now I dont expect him to be my guard dog, I dont egg him on to make him act like that, I didnt get him for that. I have a gun on the way for that job, if I wanted a guard dog I would have gotten a Mastiff or GSD. Its just a little nice knowing if someone tries to do something to me he would try and stop them as best he can.
I agree.

Reply to Thread New Thread