LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
opergolon

Kady, My Diesel had the SAME bumps on his rear that you posted a picture of two weeks ago! I waited overnight to see if they would go down and if not I was going to take him to the vet. They did go down thankfully.

Spike, he is another story all together. He reacts to everything. He used to get the rattlesnake vaccine and he had such a severe reaction he can't take it any more. His head swelled, and hives broke out all over his body. He was really scary, and that one did get a trip to the emergency clinic.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
E4qC1qQ5

Default Yet another unexpected vet bill.. Ugh
So the night before last Sam got into the Masa (corn flour) and yesterday morning I woke up to a pink faced Sam and her body COVERED in little bumps- everywhere! She looked so horrible I just felt so bad! I raced her to the vet and he gave her a shot, and another one later that day. Shes fine now thank god! I feel bad for leaving that Masa out I guess I deserve the lost day of pay for calling out of work AND the vet expenses.

Out of curiosity, anybody know what would have happened if I didnt take her the vet? I ask because my husband didnt want to take her but I did anyways, obviously!

Old 03-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
FYIbiatches

It depends on how serious it was...she could have been seriously uncomfortable for about a week, but some dogs need the epi shot or they could die. What did the vet say?

Old 03-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
Intory

Sounds like she had an allergic reaction to the corn. You can give benadryl (1 25mg pill per 25lbs) in place of taking her to the vet as long as she's not having trouble breathing, etc. It will help with the hives and the itching. We dose our girl, Molli, when she reacts to pollen and grasses.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
E4qC1qQ5

Vet didnt say much, other than yes it was a reaction and she would be ok. I think Ill buy some benedryl in case something like this happens again!

Old 03-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
viagsjicguara

Well.. considering I've woken up to this before (crappy cell pics coming..):

And didn't take them to the vet, I think she would've been fine. I just loaded mine up on Benadryl for the day!

Old 03-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
E4qC1qQ5

Her poor pink face yesterday morning

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Yikes Kady! Poor babies lol Ill definitely be investing in some benedryl! I cant afford any more vet bills lol

Old 03-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #8
Olympicdreams

Every time I see Sam I want to think shes a BT..lol......I know thats off topic. Benedryl is what we gave Slayer when she ate a bee.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #9
viagsjicguara

Yeah definitely invest in Benadryl.. I always have it just in case!

Old 03-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #10
E4qC1qQ5

She ate a bee?? Lol yikes! I believe she might be a pit/BT mix

Old 03-31-2012, 04:09 AM   #11
Stivenslivakovishhhs

Benadryl is a must have around here!! I've got dogs allergic to grass, corn, bees... etc. lol

Old 03-31-2012, 05:13 AM   #12
RarensussyRen

Hades had a reaction to something once, bumps like Kady posted of Wilson and Piper all on his body.

I mixed some baking soda with cold water and slopped it on him, bumps went away. Benadryl is of course a go-to but it has to be the regular, single active ingredient Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride.

http://benadrylfordogs.net/how-often...-dog-benadryl/

Old 03-31-2012, 06:36 AM   #13
Desflahd

I keep some in the house and the pickup just in case.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #14
MaickiP

Slayer? I am so glad you admitted to an idiot who ate a bee.

2 weeks ago Boo was being soooo cute in the yard, I was taking pics... and then I heard a yelp and noticed the ground hornets.

She got nailed on the tip if her snout right where the fur ends/nose begins. It was pretty amazing swelling. Once the scab fron the sting fell off, she had a round patch of no fur. Unfortunately the fur has grown in white. She looks like a dork, she id dark seal, no white on her face except a perfectly round white dot the size of a quarter on top of her nose.

Plus side of this is the ease of having a "red nose" or "blue nose" pit, depending on what color sharpie marker I have handy.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:14 AM   #15
Olympicdreams

Slayer? I am so glad you admitted to an idiot who ate a bee.

2 weeks ago Boo was being soooo cute in the yard, I was taking pics... and then I heard a yelp and noticed the ground hornets.

She got nailed on the tip if her snout right where the fur ends/nose begins. It was pretty amazing swelling. Once the scab fron the sting fell off, she had a round patch of no fur. Unfortunately the fur has grown in white. She looks like a dork, she id dark seal, no white on her face except a perfectly round white dot the size of a quarter on top of her nose.

Plus side of this is the ease of having a "red nose" or "blue nose" pit, depending on what color sharpie marker I have handy.
Should color it purple or green and sell her Kidding.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:14 AM   #16
MaickiP

I keep some in the house and the pickup just in case.
no nono NO NOOOO!!!!!! Trust the pharmaceutical research chemist on this one.....
Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride is extremely unstable in heat. After only a week or so being exposed to the heat of a vehicle it is maybe 50% at best. After a month even less. After the season of rattling around in your truck you might as well be giving them tic tacs.

Sorry to preach at you, but this is a big no no where active ingredients are concerned.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:17 AM   #17
bppstorr

I had a horse that would get hives from may different things. I always gave her Benadryl, if that didn't help in a day or so or it kept getting worse after a dose, then I'd call the vet.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:44 AM   #18
MaickiP

Slayer... this is for you. If only you knew how hard it is to get a pic og her nose because she hates the camera.. also, she is a tad faded.

Boo, the rare pink nose pit.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:59 AM   #19
Olympicdreams

Lmao..her adorable little battlescar!

Old 03-31-2012, 06:37 PM   #20
TNgqZhLR

Allergic reactions can result in anaphylaxis. Any dog that is experiencing a severe allergic reaction should go to the vet. In fact, any time your dog is exhibiting signs of something you don't know how to deal with, you should go to the vet. I made this thread the other day: Go To The Vet If...

Reply to Thread New Thread