LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 12-18-2011, 05:14 AM   #1
somasideff

Default Byron has been abused and his owner arrested....
Some of you remember my previous dog Byron. How sweet and goofy and beautiful he was. And how I found him a new home that could give him "what he needed" as in daily runs and a more active lifestyle....

Tonight... I found this..... And my heart is broken.... I am completely devastated....

Cops: Man throws boiling water on urinating dog
By Rosemary SobolTribune reporter9:47 a.m. CST, December 14, 2011

A man was so infuriated his dog had urinated on the floor he threw boiling water at the pup while cooking a meal, causing severe burns to the animal’s head and torso in the EastPilsen neighborhood, police said.
Kyle Voissem, 20, was boiling water to make macaroni and cheese for dinner at his home in the 1700 block of South Desplaines Street in mid-October when he saw his dog urinate on the floor, according to police.
Voissem became angry and threw the “extremely hot water’’ on the dog, causing severe burns to the dog’s head and torso, police said.
He was arrested about 1 p.m. Tuesday on a complaint from the Anti-Cruelty Society, which said the abuse had been reported to it in October.
“We sent out two humane investigators who impounded him and brought him here for treatment Oct. 18,” said Nicole Campos, head of investigations for the society.
The dog, which she described as a 1 ½-year-old “mountain cur mix,” was adopted about a month ago after treatment of second-degree burns over 50 percent of his body and third-degree burns on the neck, Campos said. He was adopted within a day of being put on the adoption floor, she added.
“He was a great dog. He tolerated treatment very well,” she said. She said the dog’s wounds were dressed and treated with ointment.
Voissem, who police said is originally from Wisconsin, was charged with misdemeanor animal cruelty and is expected to appear in Misdemeanor Court on Jan. 26. When he was arrested, he was wearing a sweatshirt that said “Bulldog Pride,” police said.
Campos said the arrest was delayed in part because of the work in preparing paperwork documenting the abuse and because Voissem wasn’t at home when police came calling the first few times.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-man-cooking-mac-and-cheese-douses-dog-with-boiling-water-20111213,0,649483.story

And this.....

Kyle Voissem, Chicago Man, Allegedly Dumped Boiling Water On His Dog

A Chicago man was charged with misdemeanor animal cruelty after he allegedly threw boiling water onto his dog, severely burning it after it urinated on the floor in his apartment.Kyle Voissem, 20 of the 1700 block of South Desplaines Street in the city's East Pilsen neighborhood, reportedly became angry after he witnessed his dog urinating on the floor as he was boiling water to make macaroni and cheese on Tuesday, the Chicago Tribune reports.Voissem then dumped scalding water onto his dog,leaving the pet with severe burns to its head and torso, according to CBS Chicago.[FONT=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif]Voissem was arrested Tuesday afternoon and is scheduled to appear in court Jan. 26. No updates have yet been made public about either the dog's whereabouts or condition.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif]I am..... so sad... This happened about a month ago and I just found out because I was about to contact this man for another Byron update, and found his facebook and twitter deleted... As soon as I typed his name in google I found this..... He had two dogs, so at first I didn't know which dog... Then I saw it.... "mountain cur mix named Byron." [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif]GOD my heart is so fucking broken...... I will be calling AC tomorrow to see if they will get me any information.... At the most maybe I can be a character witness for Byron in court....[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif]I made a facebook page for Byron.. Please like it and share it... This disgusting man needs to be convicted of a felony, not a misdemeanor...... My poor fucking dog....... They say he healed and is a happy and friendly dog.. Adopted the day he went back up for adoption.... It just breaks my heart... The guy seemed okay.... I don't think I will ever get over this.. I will always feel partly to blame... Ironically, this man was in college for criminal justice......

Byron's page..
[/FONT]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Byron...29703587042244

Old 12-18-2011, 05:26 AM   #2
hotelhyatt

Wow, i hope he is prosecuted and convicted, not allowed to own animals and that Byron is happy in his new life.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:26 AM   #3
sesIgnose

I already told you on facebook, but Im so sorry this is happening. Im so glad Byron found a new home so he doesn't have to sit in the shelter

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Old 12-18-2011, 05:36 AM   #4
somasideff

Yes..

The Chicago news just contacted my fiance about it because he wrote to them. We sent them the facebook page with the photos and our phone number. They are interested in doing more about this..

It's hard to get animal cruelty cases changed from misdemeanors to felonies, but we have to try anything..... I can't stand the thought of him getting over this so fast.. he needs to be punished...

Old 12-18-2011, 05:54 AM   #5
sesIgnose

Yes..

The Chicago news just contacted my fiance about it because he wrote to them. We sent them the facebook page with the photos and our phone number. They are interested in doing more about this..

It's hard to get animal cruelty cases changed from misdemeanors to felonies, but we have to try anything..... I can't stand the thought of him getting over this so fast.. he needs to be punished...
Agreed

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Old 12-18-2011, 05:58 AM   #6
somasideff

I also just found this.. Please sign!!!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/chic...-with-a-felony

Old 12-18-2011, 06:51 PM   #7
ElectraDupu

So sorry this happened! Glad Byron's OK now.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:32 PM   #8
herrdwq

Wow... that is really sad. I'm so sorry to hear this

Old 12-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #9
ultimda horaf

Sorry to hear this

Old 12-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #10
boizzones

so sad
sorry this happened to one of your dogs

Old 12-19-2011, 04:28 PM   #11
Heopretg2006

Wow that sucks. I'm glad Byron is okay

Old 12-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #12
BliliBoopsy

This is veryy sad, this person should spend some time in jail.. a misdemeanor is not enough, him not being allowed to have any animals is not enough.. he needs to be in a box alone, where he cant hurt any more animals.. Just because the dog was urinating inside the house! Then you shouldnt own a frkng dog! Was the hot water really suppose to teach him a lesson? To the OP im really sorry this happened to your dog, i dont have a fb anymore but anything else ill be more than glad to help..

Old 12-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #13
DumnEuronoumn

Misdemeanor, my ass. Someone who is going to throw hot water on a dog for pissing on the floor is someone I don't want running loose. Talk about serious anger issues. That's disgusting.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:05 PM   #14
Angeheade

What the fuck???? I am so sorry Sonya, I really hope it all works out good for poor Byron.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:49 AM   #15
Xfxhbcxp

that makes me so sick Sonya i am really sorry to hear that happened to Byron. i signed. i hope you get justice for Byron please keep us updated.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:41 AM   #16
Beragagnu

Oh no, I'm so sorry

Old 12-25-2011, 08:51 PM   #17
somasideff

Sorry for the late update, I've been so busy making sure this all goes smoothly and trying to talk to people. I thank you all for your kindness.

Byron's petition has reached over 1,450 signatures so far. The goal is 5000 before January 26th. I know it's a long shot for him to ACTUALLY get a jail sentence. Th illinois law states the fine for one account of animal abuse is $500-1000 for each. He has multiple, as well as other allegations against them that I do not have the details to. I hope to go to the court date and find that out.

On a good note, Byron was adopted out the DAY he was available from the society that treated him. Despite his scaring, he was such a happy and friendly dog, a family fell for him and took him in. I have been told by the manager of investigations that Byron's family are wonderful people and that he is healing wonderful with good spirit. I could tell in the tone of her voice that things did not look too good for the man who did this, but unfortunately the legislation is not very stict on the matter. The petition is helping a TON, and if he can't get a felony charge/jail time, the least we can do is make sure his life is impacted by his stupid mistake. There is a community where the man lives that is taking a stand against him, they go to the same college/live same neighborhood and are protesting this man be aloud to represent the college. They are amazing people.

Kyle Voissem is only 20 years old, and if anything, as pained as we all are by his abuse, perhaps he just needs to see how many people care for what happened to Byron and he needs therepy to control his anger, as well as not be aloud to own another dog. The fact that they took ALL the dogs and just not Byron says something about the home being unsafe.

ANYWAY. Anyone who didn't get the link, here is the petition - http://www.change.org/petitions/the-...-with-a-felony

Here is Byron's youtube video I made. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHDRt...ature=youtu.be

And Byron's facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Byron...29703587042244

As well as a blog started by someone trying to help with a ton of information - http://pawsitivechange.wordpress.com...tory/#more-326

I know that worse things happen behind shut doors, and Byron was lucky to of made the news. The point is that legislation needs to change, to prevent people from thinking they can get away with stuff like this.

Can you believe it, when my fiance told my mil, she said "I don't understand why someone would get jail time for that." But go figure, the woman is from China. -__-

Anyway, that's the update.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:13 PM   #18
h0ldem

I also just found this.. Please sign!!!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/chic...-with-a-felony
Bumping for Byron.. Only 125 signatures to go.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #19
EmpaccalGah

omg im so sorry this is happening to one of your babies that you had to rehome these are the kind of people(kyle) that make me sick i dont understand how anybody could hurt any of these dogs. yaya 125 we can do it for Byron!

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

https://sites.google.com/site/forbyronssake/home

Old 01-16-2012, 04:42 AM   #20
harriettvanders

Bumping

Reply to Thread New Thread