LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-14-2012, 05:06 AM   #1
h98hhYxM

Default Piper was attacked by 3 dogs in front of my house. sorry for the long story.
Yesterday I was walking Piper (on a leash) up and down my drive way and I was on my way towards my house for the second time when out of no where 3 dogs I have never seen before came running out of the woods and attacked Piper. Piper was able to grab one but by then they already had her on the ground. I started screaming and yelling to try to scare them off her and I grab a big stick trying to get the off her. (I wasn't about to try and grab them.)

My mom and dad heard me screaming and my mom came running to where I was and my dad ran and got his gun. My mom and I had sticks at the time trying to get the other dogs off Piper and when my dad got to us he shot his gun in the air and the other dogs ran off. Piper was badly beaten up and had wounds on her legs and neck and a few cuts on her face. We got her in the car and rushed her to the vet and when we got their they took her into the back to clean her off and check her out.

The vet came out and was telling me that they were going to keep Piper over night to make sure that nothing else is wrong with her. I went in the back to see Piper before I left and all of a sudden they bring a dog into the back room where I was and when I saw the dog I told one of the ladies that was one of the dogs that had attacked Piper and It was the one Piper had a hold of. I go into the lobby to see the owner of that dog is the same woman that has been harassing me at the store. I didn't say anything and me and my mom left.

We went back today and as we arrived the same lady was there with her other 2 dogs outside and we went into the lobby and she walked in too and then came over and asked why we had to bring Piper to the vet and I told her because your dogs attacked my dog yesterday. She didn't say anything to me and we got Piper and put her in the car and she had gotten her dog before us and was just sitting in her car until we left. She ended up falling us home and we didn't know until we were at my house and she was pulling up at our gate. She got out and just started cussing and yelling at us for her dog being injured in the dog fight.

She saw my dad holding Piper in his arms because she couldn't walk at the time because she was so sore. She comes in the gate and just hits me in my face and so we started fighting. The cops showed up and she was arrested and her dogs were taken. I also find out that this woman just leaves right down the road from me. I never knew that because I am far into the woods.

Piper is still sore but she is able to walk, but I carry her out and put her down so she can use the bathroom outside. I'll give a update in the next few days to let yall know how she is doing and what is gonna happen to this woman.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:10 AM   #2
sesIgnose

Is she going to try and blame you and hold you responsible for the dog fight? That would be a major concern for me..

Old 01-14-2012, 05:12 AM   #3
dfuzioniag

Poor Piper. I really hate irresponsible dog owners. I hope she heals up ok!

Old 01-14-2012, 05:13 AM   #4
geaveheadeNox

Poor Piper. I really hate irresponsible dog owners. I hope she heals up ok!
x2.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:16 AM   #5
mincbiori

Are you sure you aren't leaving out some details? This sounds very dramatic and unlikely. What charges did the woman get arrested under? Is there any way possible that she can come back and blame you for all of it? Also, it's reasons like these that responsible APBT owners carry around breaksticks...I suggest you invest in one. It really could have helped you in this situation.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:19 AM   #6
celddiskend

Hope everything turns out ok for you and best wishes to piper

Old 01-14-2012, 05:20 AM   #7
MexicoCity

Wow, how ridiculous of that woman!
I can't believe she hit you! Poor piper, I hope justice gets served to the right person if she does try to charge you.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:22 AM   #8
mincbiori

What's going to happen to her dogs...? /:

Old 01-14-2012, 05:29 AM   #9
ycMC0PLg

Are you sure you aren't leaving out some details? This sounds very dramatic and unlikely. What charges did the woman get arrested under? Is there any way possible that she can come back and blame you for all of it? Also, it's reasons like these that responsible APBT owners carry around breaksticks...I suggest you invest in one. It really could have helped you in this situation.
Firstly to the OP, I hope Piper is ok.

Barbara, seriously how rude do you have to be??? A breakstick would not have stopped 3 dogs from jumping one. It is for one on one fights. Might have helped a slight amount..but she is ONE person. Secondly, yes it does sound dramatic..but not at all unlikely..people are irresponsible with pets all the time. CUT HER SOME SLACK. As for what charges the other lady would get lets see, harrassment, assualt and Dog at Large..to name the most obvious.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:36 AM   #10
mincbiori

Firstly to the OP, I hope Piper is ok.

Barbara, seriously how rude do you have to be??? A breakstick would not have stopped 3 dogs from jumping one. It is for one on one fights. Might have helped a slight amount..but she is ONE person. Secondly, yes it does sound dramatic..but not at all unlikely..people are irresponsible with pets all the time. CUT HER SOME SLACK. As for what charges the other lady would get lets see, harrassment, assualt and Dog at Large..to name the most obvious.
Coming froming from the person who tends to jump on noobies on a regular basis for no reason? No, I think I'm fine thank you. Im just skeptical. It sucks what happened, I hope piper gets better. I do wonder what is going to happen to the other dogs though...

Old 01-14-2012, 05:40 AM   #11
MeatteCen

One person with a break stick against 3 dogs would be useless... there's no way you could break up a fight between 3 dogs solo. It is incredibly irresponsible of the woman to let her dogs roam loose.... but to come over and scream at you and HIT you, that is unbelievable!!

I am glad Piper is going to be ok, it could have turned out so much worse for you guys. I can't believe she would blame you and say it was your fault, especially when you had your dog on a leash!

Keep us updated on what happens and if the lady gets charged with anything.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:44 AM   #12
h98hhYxM

She was arrested for assault for coming in my yard and hitting me first and No there is no way she can blame me for the fight because where it happened at was right near the gate to get into my yard and there is still blood where the fight took place. the only thing I didn't write was the conversation with the cops.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:44 AM   #13
Snocioncilm

O.M.G. !!! I'm so sorry to hear about this and hope Piper mends soonest.
What a crazy woman. I'd be watching my back around her.
I hope she is prosecuted for whatever she was arrested for and the judge helps her see some things differently.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:44 AM   #14
h0ldem

Sorry but I agree that something is missing here.. Drama just seems to follow the OP wherever she goes.. another thread she posted a month and a half ago where random dogs "came out of nowhere" and attacked her dog.. Really, something is missing with all of these stories.

I had a crazy day.. There was almost a big dog fight today. - Page 2

Old 01-14-2012, 05:46 AM   #15
mincbiori

Sorry but I agree that something is missing here.. Drama just seems to follow the OP wherever she goes.. another thread she posted a month and a half ago where random dogs "came out of nowhere" and attacked her dog.. Really, something is missing with all of these stories.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:54 AM   #16
h98hhYxM

that doesn't mean anything. Just because I have bad luck that it seems that I'm not telling the truth. my dog was attacked yesterday outside of my house. Yes I almost had a dog fight a few months ago when I was at a family members house that I'm looking for my dog to be attacked outside her own house.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #17
maniaringsq

So sorry this happened .

So, do you know what will happen to this lady's dogs?. What dogs did she own?.

How is Piper looking?.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #18
h0ldem

that doesn't mean anything. Just because I have bad luck that it seems that I'm not telling the truth. my dog was attacked yesterday outside of my house. Yes I almost had a dog fight a few months ago when I was at a family members house that I'm looking for my dog to be attacked outside her own house.
You had a woman basically stalking you yet the cops wouldn't do anything? I've never had the cops unwilling to help me out in the past, even if all they could do, legally, was call the person and tell them to back off. And then have it escalate to a physical altercation? While your parents are standing there.. Seems a little far-fetched to me.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #19
mincbiori

No one is saying you're lying...but maybe you put yourself in these sorts of situations and just don't know it? Either way, it's none of my business and I hope your dog gets better. My advice to you? Next time some shit goes down, PICK PIPER UP. I do that with Chevelle. If another dog comes running at her, you can immediately remove her from danger that way.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:10 AM   #20
h98hhYxM

That is what I was thinking when I read that. How am I suppose to brake up a dog fight with a brake stick when there are 3 dogs I don't know that could have turned around and attack me and my mom who were trying to get them off my dog with just random sticks we find on the ground.

I don't know what is going to happen to the other dogs. The cops told me that she gonna be taken to jail for assault. I will know more info about everything in the next couple days.

I told the cops everything that happened and they even came in side to see that Piper laying in my room with all her legs wrapped in bandages and her neck wrapped up too.

I didn't have time to pick Piper up because she was behind me and I didn't even see the dogs coming I was about to open the gate to walk into my yard.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

You had a woman basically stalking you yet the cops wouldn't do anything? I've never had the cops unwilling to help me out in the past, even if all they could do, legally, was call the person and tell them to back off. And then have it escalate to a physical altercation? While your parents are standing there.. Seems a little far-fetched to me.
The cops told her to leave me alone and not to talk to me and they told me the same thing and I did until Today.

Reply to Thread New Thread