LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 12-19-2011, 04:25 AM   #1
Rqqneujr

Default Rrrrrr!!!
I cant even take Bear out to pee when my brother leaves without something like this happening!

Me, man friend, and brother are standing in the grass and literally out of no where this cocker spaniel come barreling through the bushes at Bear.

Now I wouldnt be so mad, but this lady "drops her leash" or "it slips out of her hand" EVERY SINGLE TIME SHE HAS THAT DOG OUT!
This isnt the first time this dog has ran up on me. It is severely DA/HA and has tried to bite me numerous times after getting loose.
It has gone after Bear since he was 4weeks old!

It ran up on us, no lady in sight. Went right into Bear's face and got pinned and almost seriously hurt. After I pulled Bear back it tried to redirect and bite me!

THEN the lady comes, and tried to yank her dog away on its fucking Flexi..

I managed to get Bear far enough thinking the lady would go the opposite way, but she lets it out full on the Flexi and allows it to bark and growl at us until my brother leaves and we walk to the elevator.

I fucking hate this stupid bitch. Sorry doesnt cut it when your dog is constantly trying to attack people or their pets.

One day lady, your dog is going to get loose one to many times and Bear is going to hurt or kill it, and its not going to be my fault! I dont want that to happen but what the fuck can I do when she doesnt seem to care about her dog or other peoples safety?
I will stick my hand in between these dogs any day because I would rather get bit than have Bear deemed "dangerous" in the neighborhood, even though he is always leashed and by my side.
I cant wait to sell this place and get the hell away from all these stupid idiots with their HA dogs on Flexi's...

/rant

Old 12-19-2011, 06:13 AM   #2
Mjxhnapi

Love to see bear tear that dog up. Might do it some good

Old 12-19-2011, 06:16 AM   #3
Repwailia

Idiot.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:18 AM   #4
Rqqneujr

I wouldnt not love it. Because I know all the people around will have that "well we knew that was going to happen with a pit bull here" attitude.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:28 AM   #5
PriniMai

Stick a regular leash on her door with a note that says Merry Xmas use the damn leash before you lose your dog!

Old 12-19-2011, 06:33 AM   #6
Yarmark

Love to see bear tear that dog up. Might do it some good
Yeah...no FB talk about not doing any good for the breed

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Old 12-19-2011, 06:33 AM   #7
Rqqneujr

Stick a regular leash on her door with a note that says Merry Xmas use the damn leash before you lose your dog!
That is a great idea!! I am not sure exactly where she stays though, because she goes into two different units with the dog... but if I can figure it out I am going to get a cheap regular leash and do that!

I mean how hard is it to keep hold of a dog? I have neck and should injuries and cant hold a gallon jug of water with my right arm yet I can keep control of my 60lb pit bull typed dog!

Hell even the other jackass who walks his HA dog on a flexi has learned, he will wrap the cord around his hand/arm faster than lightning because he got tired of pissed off looks from me lol I mean it must not feel to good when you dog acts like a fool and the "dangerous pit bull" walks like an angel..

Old 12-19-2011, 06:38 AM   #8
Meowmeowz

sounds like she needs one of those leashes that belts around your waist and the leash connects for running so she can't accidently drop the leash again. what did she say about her dog biting you?

Old 12-19-2011, 06:40 AM   #9
Pateeffelty

That sucks. Don't do anything because like you said they will blame Bear and he can be deemed "dangerous" and all that bullshit. This will all be over soon enough once you move.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:50 AM   #10
Rqqneujr

sounds like she needs one of those leashes that belts around your waist and the leash connects for running so she can't accidently drop the leash again. what did she say about her dog biting you?
Oh the dog didnt get a hold of me it whipped around when I grabbed its back/neck scruff to get it to back the fuck up. I had Bear's leash in one hand and was trying to keep him away and get the stupid dog to stop going to get in his face again because I can only save its ass one time before it really gets going I kicked it a little right before the lady got there to keep it back, that dog obviously didnt know that Bear outweighs him by double at least.

If that dog would have bitten me I would have had the police and AC on the phone ASAP. That dog is dangerous and all its going to take is one slip up with me where I have physical proof and she is going to have one hell of a fight on her hands to get that dog back.

That sucks. Don't do anything because like you said they will blame Bear and he can be deemed "dangerous" and all that bullshit. This will all be over soon enough once you move.
Yea I would never encourage him fighting with that dog. No matter what happens it would be his fault and its just not fair for him to be hated on when the real dangerous one is the stupid spaniel. Although I am sure some neighbors have had run ins with her dog before, I mean I really cant be the only one..

Hopefully my place should be on the market soon..

Old 12-19-2011, 06:52 AM   #11
Meowmeowz

well at least you handled the situation well and are remaining responsible. those are the reasons i always leash Peanut.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:54 AM   #12
Caregrasy

That cocker spaniel would get a swift kick in the face if it tried running up to me and my dog...

Old 12-19-2011, 07:03 AM   #13
Rqqneujr

well at least you handled the situation well and are remaining responsible. those are the reasons i always leash Peanut.
Yep. Bear is NEVER off leash, unless in a secured yard. I just dont see a reason for it, and those stupid Flexi's get me so heated.

That cocker spaniel would get a swift kick in the face if it tried running up to me and my dog...
He ran from behind me, I barley got half turned before he was nose to nose and on the ground. If I had seen him coming I would have kicked him, he does not bluff and when he comes at you he is coming to get whatever, so I have no problem kicking him.

Normally I hear her yelling at him or his collar stuff making noise in the hall and I can get away or face the direction they are coming, but I didnt hear anything this time. He really snuck up on us.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #14
OWV9LSxH

Have you reported it to animal control? Especially since its been multiple events. Maybe someone would at least go and talk to the lady and she'd get the point that her dog could be a problem.

Wishful thinking, I know. But I am glad that you and Bear did not get injured.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:55 AM   #15
Rqqneujr

Have you reported it to animal control? Especially since its been multiple events. Maybe someone would at least go and talk to the lady and she'd get the point that her dog could be a problem.

Wishful thinking, I know. But I am glad that you and Bear did not get injured.
I dont know if they would come out? If I call in and report the incident will it stay on record even if they dont contact her? I think I might start doing that, because if the dog does bite me or someone else, or gets attacked by Bear from being loose it would be nice to have reports on file about the dog having prior incidents.. so it looks better on us or who ever else has an issue.

I just know how our AC/Humane Society people are, I dont know how many times I had to blatantly lie about cats or stray dogs being "hurt, limping, bleeding etc" to get them out to pick up animals. I would rather them be taken and maybe get picked up by the owner, possibly rehomed or put down than out starving or getting hit by a car.

I think I might try and talk to her about the leash situation, because if she has hand problems or something (benefit of the doubt) and cant hold the flexi handle properly maybe a regular leash with a loop would be easier to hold on to and keep the dog secure with.

Thanks Libby, I am too. I am not to worried about us getting hurt, but I do not ever want Bear to get into an actual fight with a dog, because I would be a wreck if he killed someones pet because they are retarded owners. Its not the dogs fault his person is a moron.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #16
Xiciljed

Our dog control gives a warning first (for things like nuisance barking, dog at large, etc.).
The next complaint has to be a written and signed complaint then dog control will give a citation, even if it is a false complaint which sucks balls.
Then the owner has to go to court and give their plea.
Some situations may be an instant citation though, such as if the dog bites someone riding their bike past....

The reason I know this... Rocko is a whiney lil' bitch in his outdoor kennel and our neighbor called us in and we legit never received a warning. She called a yr later for the same thing and we immediately got a citation. My husband went to court.. plead no contest and showed a receipt for a bark collar we've never used... got a $400 ticket and we have to pay it IF we get called in within 3yrs... if not, we don't have to pay... needless to say he doesn't go in his kennel anymore, therefore no whining, and we don't have to pay our ticket.
And also, our other neighbors dog bit a bicyclists leg as she was riding by, she called it in... and I believe they had to show proof that the dog was UTD on all shots and then they got a ticket.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:15 AM   #17
Rqqneujr

I dont think that is how our stuff in Phoenix works. Our AC is lazy and wont come out for anything but immediate danger typed situations.
Its worth a shot though. I think I might just call and see tomorrow when they open. Just so they have a report on file. I know its not going to be the last time I run into that dog, hell she may very well already have calls on her. I wouldnt doubt it.

That doesnt sound like our AC out here though, ours is very lax borderline neglectful with things. I had to call every day for over a week to get them to come out and remove two boxers on my neighbors property that were starving and had no water in the middle of the summer, which is HOT. If I didnt feed/water the dogs they would have both died before AC even got there to check on them.

My state doesnt really do much in relation to animals, they have a mindset kind of like "your property you do what you want with it" unless they get every day, all day calls on whatever. Which in some ways is a good thing because they dont hassle people who arent doing things wrong but dont live up to the Fur Mommy types, but it sucks when an animal needs serious help or something is really wrong.

I will try though. I know everyone and their Mom would be calling if it was my dog acting like that towards people and other dogs.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:25 AM   #18
Pateeffelty

Did you ever think about a pellet?bb gun? When the dog charges you 1 shot and hopefully the dog will never charge you again.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #19
Rqqneujr

Lol I dont think that would go over very well. Also its easy to get in trouble for having a pellet gun, no matter how fake it looks out and shooting at things, especially peoples pets.
Her dog is the reason I dont wear slippers or slip on shoes when I take him out. I need a shoe that can give a good thud if I can manage to kick it and shoes that wont fly off.

This dog is the most HA thing I have ever seen, I dont even know if a pellet to the dome would dissuade it. *sigh*

I am trying to think of something I could bring out with me, something not to menacing to where I cant get in trouble for having it, but can still protect myself and Bear. I dont have a lot of cash right now due to remodeling and I would just use the back end of his leash and whip the damn thing, but that means he has to get closer than I want.
This dog doesnt respond to yelling, stomping, clapping, NOTHING. When it charges its not stopping until it bites something.

I am thinking I am just going to have to be even more on alert than I already am. I still cant believe this dog snuck up on us like it did. I didnt hear it at all until it busted through the bush and it started making noises.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:12 PM   #20
Qahtwugc

I once called on a neighbor back when I was living in what if affectionately known as "shack town" in Westland. I told AC the dogs hadn't been fed or watered in days, locked outside with no shelter, and I hadn't seen the owners in a while. They said they'd come out and then didn't. So, after a couple more days waiting on AC, I took a bowl of food and water out there for the dogs. After a few days of me feeding and watering them, I called AC back to bitch and they tell me since I fed and watered them there is no problem. WTF?? So, I explained again that these aren't my dogs and I only fed them to keep them alive until AC could come take them and the ACO tells me that as long as they were recently fed and watered, doesn't matter who did it, they wouldn't do anything. I moved to a bigger place a few weeks later and have no idea what happened to the poor mutts.

Anywho, yeah, call AC and make a report. If you can, go down there and make the report in person and ask for a copy of it. Next time you see the monster and it goes for you, kick the shit out of it. If the owner makes a stink, it was self defense and you have the report to prove its a nuisance/dangerous dog.

Reply to Thread New Thread