LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 11-15-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
MondayBlues

Default :( we might not get Diesel...
So we were supposed to pick Diesel up when we got back from out of town, and I was on my into town and went to text the girl and ask if it was okay to pick him up. And she replied that she wasn't sure she wanted to get rid of him still... my heart totally sank. But at the same time I was kinda happy for him that he might get to keep his family.

The only thing about her switching her mind, is that what about in a few more months and she decides oh okay I guess I don't want him... should I wait and see what happens or continue my search. I was really excited about him because he has has all the proper socialization and DA management, got along just great with our Yorkie, and he is the perfect size at 50lbs. He is 2, so I was excited about that too because it's a good age to start working with him in sports and in fitness.

She hasn't totally decided, I told her I would check in a few days to see what her decision is.
After this... we're back to square 1. looking for our perfect APBT. I wouldn't mind a puppy, but I'm not familiar with legit breeders, any dogs I've ever had have been rescues and rehomes. So kinda crossing my finger for Diesel. Otherwise... searching round two begins ha.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
Keyclenef

It is times like that, that I just remind myself... "The right dog will come at the right time"

If Diesel IS the right dog for you, it will all come to happen If not... you'll continue searching, and the right dog WILL come along!

Old 11-15-2011, 10:50 PM   #3
investor

Yup. Everything happens for a reason. I was really into getting this Basset Hound named Flash because his owner "didn't have time for him". We arranged to meet at the park, the dogs all got along, we went to my house so she could check things out and she tells me she's going to give him to me, gonna call back and do a contract (she worked with a rescue for eyars and was big on that) and then WHAMMO! nothing.

A couple weeks later I found a great breeder of hunting lines Bassets and got Owen. As much as I liked Flash and hope he is in a happy home, I adore Owen and cannot imagine life without him.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:49 PM   #4
MondayBlues

Yeah I figure he might seem perfect for us now, but if she decides to keep him who knows... maybe we'll find and even more amazing dog later on or at least one that is just as great that we really connect with.

Just not sure where to look, there's one in the shelter here but he is like 85lbs and has issues with small dogs [selective DA] and with men. I'm keeping my eye on 3 SPCA locations. Then there's a 5 month old puppy 4.5 hours away, might give him a look if we can meet 1/2 way.
Other then that, I'm not sure where to look because they're banned from Kijiji and I'm not familiar with any breeders around my area... does the ABDA have a registry for breeders like the AKC?

Plus, idk if this is selfish or not, because there are LOTS of dogs in rescues etc... but I know what I'm looking for as far as size, colors, temperament, etc so I don't want to just bring any dog home mind you I would pick a dog that wasn't exactly what I was looking for if it felt right. Diesel fit everything I was looking for, and it was a total coincidence that his owner was even giving him away lol so I a guess I'm not surprised she's doubting it.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:03 AM   #5
Freeptube

That's not selfish at all!. You have to live with this dog for the rest of his life. You need to find the right dog for you. I have not gotten to pick any of the dogs I really want. Don't get me wrong, I adore my dogs and wouldn't trade them for another (which I'm actually allowed to do). I love them to death, they are a perfect fit for me but I look forward to the day I get to pick out my first dog, of my choice. That has to wait till I move out though. I don't mind waiting, I'm not in a rush to loose these two.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Also, I hope you get him!.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:16 AM   #6
CathBraun

Sorry to hear this, what a let down. Well keep looking around, maybe you'll find a dog even more perfect. Good luck!

Old 11-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #7
JulietOreira

best way to find a legit apbt breeder is going to shows and meeting new people. the ADBA breeder listings are usually not even APBT.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:39 AM   #8
lymnCymment

That hurts. I know that feeling... But the whole "the right dog will come to you" couldn't be more true.
Before we got Bonnie our whole family was really into this Doberman mix from a local rescue and the rescue was trying to help us but the foster just wouldn't get in contact with us. When it was time to "put her money where her mouth is" I guess she wasn't really ready to give up the dog. Lo and behold that same week my brother calls my dad and says "I have a 4 month old Doberman puppy that my room mate doesn't want anymore, do you want her? If not she's going to the pound." So we got Bonnie. And I couldn't imagine living without this dog. She's the best.

Old 11-16-2011, 01:26 AM   #9
MondayBlues

thanks for the encouragement guys.
and where could i find a list of shows and events that might be being held in Alberta/B.C.? i actually would like to attend these events just to learn about shows and events in general not even just to find a breeder lol... so that'd be good info for me regardless :P

honestly, i don't care if the dog is registered as long as it's why i am looking for personally. but if i can find a good legit APBT breeder, whom I can afford a dog off of and feel will provide me with exactly what i'm looking for... then of course I'd love that, even if it means waiting a few months to save up some extra cash. [not sure if APBT's get pricey like yorkies? my yorkie's owner originally paid $1600! that is a li'l out of my range for any type of dog right now lol]

Old 11-16-2011, 01:34 AM   #10
LoloLibia

Where are you from? I know a few rescues I can put you in touch with...

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Course they get pricey..cmon.. they are PUPPPPPIES.. people will pay anythign for a puppy! OO AND IF HAS PAPERS... THEY GNA PAY MORE! ha! ;p

Old 11-16-2011, 01:41 AM   #11
halyshitzob

That sucks! But I agree, it wasn't meant to be. If you wait, the right dog will come.

We had found this really pretty mutt at the SPCA named Casper that I wanted. He was listed as a curr x. Looked to be a pit bull mix, maybe some Catahoula. He was solid white, blue eyes and deaf. He was adorable. SPCA said we could adopt him, but there would be a 3-6 month wait before we could bring him home b/c he had to be neutered first and they were running that far behind. So we passed on him and I ended up with my Casper I have now and I couldn't have asked for a better dog to suit me. I don't mind waiting for the right dog, but didn't want to wait that long for a deaf puppy that was going to be screwed up for living in a cage with no training/socialization.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:28 AM   #12
investor

Have you looked at any city/county run pounds/shelters? Our city does adoptions for $40 now (they just raised it) and they refund $25 if you bring proof of spay or neuter within 6 months. They always have at least a few Pit Bulls or Pit mixes. So do the many AC's within an hour drive of me.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:50 AM   #13
UBJ3kvP1

awww Im sorry this has happened. Where are you located and I can direct you to some pitbull rescues? I know a few here in east tn "pit Happens" rescue, east tn pitbull rescue, bully pride pitbull rescue

Old 11-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #14
loyalgagora

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will get him. But if not well there are other fish in the sea and who knows you may find a much better fit for you. If its meant to be it will happen, if not that means there is another dog out there that needs you more

Old 11-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #15
MondayBlues

I'm located near Grande Prairie, Alberta. But I also go through Edmonton, Alberta and Kelowna, BC often.
HIs owner hasn't replied to me in like 4 days, so I'm thinking she decided to keep him but idk why she wouldn't just tell me lol, we're friends so it's not like she hasn't to worry about anything.

I emailed a breeder, or so I thought, she has pictures up that said email for breed. They were blue and looked chubby and at first I thought "probably Am. Bully but i'll email anyways" and here's what she has to say about her puppies lol:

Me: Just wondering if you're puppies are American Pit Bull Terriers or American Bully?

Her: samething..if ur dog is ukc registered..you can reg.them as american bullie...trying to get the name pit bull out..my males dad and mom are american bullie..i was supposed to do this guy i have..breeder told me to reg. him xxl american bullie..i have the forms here.. thanks marian..my male is for sale..hes 90 pounds at 1..good dog..house broke.. does every thing..rides in the truck..goes camping really gooddog..just to big for me..u could come see him..his grandefather is jaun gotti's notorious(google him)..thanks..Marian

Me: I'm sorry but American Bully and American Pitbull's are two completely different dogs, despite what you're allowed to register them as, especially if you're trying to sell yours as purebred. See the two pictures I've included? 1. is American Pit Bull Terrier 2. is American Bully. You should really know what you're selling before you sell them to people who are expecting something else and they end up in shelters because they get too big, or don't get big enough, or better yet aren't even the right breed... trust me people will send your dog to a shelter or rehome it just because of little things like that despite how "awesome" the dog is. Also, if you're going to sell a dog with lines like Gotti, hopefully you have papers to back it up when people like me come around, because pretty much everyone and their brother, mother, father, and sister are selling "Gotti Line XXL BULLY" Not trying to be rude, just wanting to say I don't even know much about Am. Bully's but I do know enough to know that you know even less than I do... maybe you should get all your dogs fixed. There are lots of other reputable breeder who show/work their dogs and a lot more of them in shelters if people want one. No need for more from someones backyard. Again, I know this probably sounded rude, promise it's just coming from a place of love for these dogs, and any other breed really. Thanks for the info though, goodluck.

Anyways... hopefully I wasn't too harsh, and didn't say anything too stupid. It's not the first email I've sent like that... explaining a difference between breeds, or having to actually send a breeder the standards for a dog. I did this a lot when I was looking for a yorkie. Would have breeders emailing me "We have chocolate rare yorkies" "We have teacup XXS yorkies" or "We have teacup, teddybear face, yorkies!" all that B.S. and so I felt the need to educate some morons here and there. Not all of them, but some. I'm not a pro in all bull breeds, but telling me that American Pitbulls and American Bully are the same? Not even.
And is that true about the UKC? I know in the AKC there are APBT's registered as Am. Staff... or so I have read/heard... but AmBully as APBT? That's just odd. I would really like to find an ABDA dog through an event or show, or at least someone who knows what an APBT is to look like/be like... I'm not too worried about registration or papers but really how many people can you trust without being registered, apparently in this case you can't trust someone with papers either hahaha.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #16
Muhabsssa

And is that true about the UKC? I know in the AKC there are APBT's registered as Am. Staff... or so I have read/heard... but AmBully as APBT?
My Keela's sire is a UKC PR APBT according to his papers...

This is him:

Don't know how it happens, but it does!

Old 11-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #17
MondayBlues

WOW! Total bully,he is cute though! She sent me pictures of this dog, and he too is a UKC PR APBT lol... but he looks like a BullyXAPBT because he is a liiiiittle taller than a bully but is super thick and stocky and his head screams Bully haha. Then on his papers she says there's a lot of his lineage is Gotti and Razor soooo... I had to pass didn't even bother asking for pics of the papers. Plus she said she also breeds Bostons, Chihuahuas, Pitbulls, and something else.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

I did however find that there is a ADBA sanctioned club in southern British Columbia! I'm there quiet often so maybe I can meet some people that are a part of that.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #18
Muhabsssa

WOW! Total bully,he is cute though! She sent me pictures of this dog, and he too is a UKC PR APBT lol... but he looks like a BullyXAPBT because he is a liiiiittle taller than a bully but is super thick and stocky and his head screams Bully haha. Then on his papers she says there's a lot of his lineage is Gotti and Razor soooo... I had to pass didn't even bother asking for pics of the papers. Plus she said she also breeds Bostons, Chihuahuas, Pitbulls, and something else.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

I did however find that there is a ADBA sanctioned club in southern British Columbia! I'm there quiet often so maybe I can meet some people that are a part of that.
Well, I do wish I would have found this site BEFORE we got Keela....but, I don't regret having her. We just thought we were getting a true APBT, but we were ignorant to how easy it is for the registries to be mixed up......and I should have known better as I was aware that true APBTs weren't so bulky, but I was trusting the registries!!

Anyways, I do hope you find the APBT of your dreams!! I'm sure you will!

Old 11-16-2011, 09:53 PM   #19
23InetrySypekek

There is no such thing as the perfect dog. A dog is what you make it into. When someone is looking for that perfect dog, I suggest a puppy. At least then, after a year or so, you wind up with the dog you deserve, or at least the dog you created. With a puppy there will be no one to blame if it turns out bad, except yourself.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:02 PM   #20
CathBraun

When I was searching for our puppy, I found many pit bull ads placed in places like http://www.adpost.com/ and http://www.buysellcommunity.com/. You could also simply try googling something like "pit bull classifieds Grande Praire" and see what turns up. It's got to be a bit of a challenge since you're in somewhat of a remote area, but if you don't mind travelling to Edmonton or BC like you said, you can check rescues, and online ads there too and that will open up more options for you too.

Reply to Thread New Thread