LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
xanaxonlinexanax

Default Whats up with AADR?
Whats up with those guys running the AADR? They don't reply to emails, never answer the phone when its not disconnected, can't get in touch with them at all. I have tried to contact them for the last time and have decided to just keep my money and avoid the shows.
Its ridiculous to think that when a person is trying to register a dog with them that they cannot even answer a phone or reply to an email to any questions that person may have.
The ADBA gets a lot of crap but at least they can answer the damned phone and give me the answers I need.

Old 10-25-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
sasaderesada

That sounds highly unprofessional of them. I have never owned a papered dog but I can't imagine wanting to deal with a registry that refuses to put the time and effort into their costumers/clients..not sure what you call it.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:50 PM   #3
Extipletape

I know that the owner had moved, plus her phone was thrown into the toilet by her son. So, she has been having some trouble getting re-connected with everyone. Hopefully, those "glitches" will be solved soon. I know the Vice President of my Club has gotten in contact with her a few times. Maybe PM me your Number, and the VP of my Club can get it to her.

Or come to our show on Veteran's Day weekend, and we can get your dog registered at the show (it is usually cheaper to register at the show as well).

Old 10-26-2011, 01:20 AM   #4
PharmACT

The AADR has been going to hell for a minute now. Mis management and just being unprofessional. It is not worth it to even bother. Most shows have very little turnout. Personal issues destroying it.

Not getting papers back for months at a time. Just numerous issues.

Ask anyone about the show in TN and how it went. I heard nationals was a joke as well.

Barely any clubs. And no shows. I have not shown AADR since a few years ago in GA. We did very well but just not a good organization or reliable.

I hope it can turn itself around. But the record is showing that it keeps going downhill.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:29 AM   #5
Extipletape

There were no Nationals this year. Also, the TN show was the weekend following the Major Disaster in Alabama - flooding, tornadoes, etc. A lot of people who were going to go couldn't make it since they would have to drive right through all of that, and many of them were effected by the storms.

Turn out has been low at a lot of shows, not just AADR, the GA was actually a happy and shocking surprise at how many people actually did turn up, as even the last NC ADBA show had a really poor turn out compared to usual.

A Show can only be as good as the people willing to come out and support it.

It isn't till recently that things have gotten "unreliable" and that is as I said because she has moved, plus she is a "one woman show" so to speak. She is doing it all on her own. Hopefully, like you said, things will get back on track sooner than later.

More clubs are trying to come about, but it seems lately people who start clubs want the registry to handle everything, which it just doesn't work that way.

Our Club plans on putting on an excellent show, and we are willing to put the work and effort into it. We will and have done all we can, now we are relying on the people to come out and support us. We will work hard for you guys, if you are willing to come out and show us some support! Our Club is hoping to help turn around the shows/weight pulls as well! We hope to show you all that it is still a show/weight pull worth traveling to!

Old 10-26-2011, 02:02 AM   #6
PharmACT

Jeanie it has been a few years that you can not rely on them This is not new. How can you support a registry when it is not professional? And you can not count on?

While your club may be great. But the regisrty is what you can not count on. And this is not just my opinion.

Personal issues has destroyed it.

And I know there was no Nationals this year I am speaking of the last one they had. NC told me it was a joke and a waste of money.

How many ADBA shows have you been to out of NC?

I know NC has clubs. However where are the other ones? I know she was going to other places to put them on. But I know of 2 that was an unorganized mess. And the one in TN was horrible in every apsect.

I would LOVE for it to get back to it's glory. And maybe it has hit a rough patch over the last few years. But the state the AADR is in now it is not worth traveling to or putting money in it. And it is sad.

I hope you have a great show. And can be gets the regisrty on the right track.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:10 AM   #7
Extipletape

I have been to just about every NC ADBA for the last five years. As for outside NC, just one, the GA show, but I have heard from many that shows just aren't getting the same attendance as they once did, which is understandable, money is tight for most of us.

I guess I have been lucky then. The AADR has always been reliable to me, until just recently. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that point, because I have had several people tell me that Andrea has always been quick and helpful with them, until recently. I mean that is quite a feat when it's just one person handling everything.

I know she has personally taken money out of her own bank account to put shows together. She has done all the work, and maybe that is where she has gone wrong. She has taken on the responsibility of everything, and let the Clubs/hosts sit back and watch. I am not saying Andrea is a saint by any means, but she does work hard for that registry.

I missed Nationals last year, so, I have no opinion on that.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:40 AM   #8
VovTortki

There were more people than ever in GA this year, and the NC show had a low turn out due to some other issues that I am sure you are well aware of also. It really had nothing to do with the economy or people not wanting to travel. I personally had 5 dogs ready to go and did not attend due to this issue, also know personally a WP person from a state west of me that had 16 dogs on a truck and turned around due to another poor decision on the clubs part.
As far as the TN show it was simply people not wanting to waste their time and money on a show that was unfair, partial to a fault, and full of personal feelings and issues that make it impossible to get a fair look at your dog. I was there and some of the people that were affected the most by the storms did make it and so that is a non issue.
I wish you nothing but the best with your club and hope you get a great turn out, but don't be to surprised if it is low especially since it is scheduled on the same weekend as an ADBA show right in the same area. I don't know which side did this, but it sure wasn't thought out well.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:42 AM   #9
PharmACT

We will agree to disagree. What I have been told and what you have from others has been different.

Again I wish no ill will. But the OP asked about the AADR and I spoke on my experiences and what I have been told by people who have been to the most recent shows. And their expereinces.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:47 AM   #10
Extipletape

Well, oh okay, it's whatever.

To the OP, I hope you come to our show. I hope we show you a good time. If you want nothing to do with the AADR after it, I'll understand, but I ask that you give our Club a chance, at least, that is all I ask of everyone who is considering coming.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:16 AM   #11
PharmACT

To the OP, I hope you come to our show. I hope we show you a good time. If you want nothing to do with the AADR after it, I'll understand, but I ask that you give our Club a chance, at least, that is all I ask of everyone who is considering coming.
Mismanagement is what is bringing the registry down. Not that it can not be a great one. Just that over the last few years it has gone to hell. I know the owner has had some personal issues they had to deal with.

And like GA said the AADR show is on the same weekend as the ADBA show in the same state. So not sure how the turnout will be. But I hope it is a great one.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:19 AM   #12
Extipletape

I am, honestly, no one in this breed. I don't know the ins and outs. So, I am probably wrong.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:26 AM   #13
PharmACT

There were no Nationals this year. Also, the TN show was the weekend following the Major Disaster in Alabama - flooding, tornadoes, etc. A lot of people who were going to go couldn't make it since they would have to drive right through all of that, and many of them were effected by the storms.

Turn out has been low at a lot of shows, not just AADR, the GA was actually a happy and shocking surprise at how many people actually did turn up, as even the last NC ADBA show had a really poor turn out compared to usual.
The last NC show had bad turnout because of the judges and you know that.

The last ADBA shows I have been to have had great turnout. And GA usually always has a great turnout. LA was packed as usual.

I know there was no AADR nationals this year. I am speaking about the previous year. And what I have heard about TN it was not the turnout that was the problem.

Again I know it is frustrating and you support your club. And you should. It is not the hardworking club members and officials that is the problem.

I wish your club the best. The OP asked an opinion on the registry and I gave mine.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:43 AM   #14
toksenveste

Why weren't there any vendors at the GA show? Part of why I like to go to the shows is the .... shopping!

Old 10-26-2011, 04:57 AM   #15
PharmACT

Why weren't there any vendors at the GA show? Part of why I like to go to the shows is the .... shopping!
There were a few there. O'Briens, they had Mary making T Shirts and Amanda Barber. Nathan was there. Stoney has a table. Katrina had stuff set up.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:55 AM   #16
Heliosprime

Cynthia, I've been in this game for a long time before most of the people here knew what a bulldog was, and I going to have to disagree with you. You are bashing the AADR and I don't believe you know how far it's come. With the present owner it's now a registry you can trust where before ??? Yes, recently there's been problems but that's been explained. I too am waiting for papers but I called and was told if they didn't arrive before the NC show that I could pick them up there.
I also checked as to why both AADR and ADBA are having shows on the same weekend. The AADR show was scheduled months before the ADBA. Looks like ADBA threw down the gauntlet. I'm going to the AADR because they have 4 shows and the ADBA only has 2.
As far as attendance, I remember when if you had less than 250 dogs you had a bad show so don't tell me attendance isn't down for both. I think the economy has a lot to do with it.
I still plan on showing ADBA but I now pick and choose which shows I go to by who the judges are. Over the years I have seen some judges become more political and looking at the wrong end of the lead, giving ribbons to friends, Host club members, etc. I also think some of the new judges have no idea what the conformation standard is. Over all I think the AADR has more judges that are fair and knowledgeable than the ADBA.
Just saying, Jack

Old 10-26-2011, 06:23 AM   #17
PharmACT

That is fine Jack. However I am not the only one who spoke out in this thread about the AADR as of late.

However I am not bashing I am speaking to what I have been told by people like GApits (who posted in this thread) who has been in dogs for years and among others. GAPITS was at the TN show.

And another person's experience with Nationals.

And the clusterf*ck of a show in another state.

And as far as judges in the AADR. I know a few that were and now are in the ADBA. Also A few that have been pushed out not because of misconduct but because of personal issues. Again I am not the only one who feels this way. And I am not the only one that will not show AADR anymore.

I have my opinion just as you have yours.

I hope you enjoy the show. And it is a successful one.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:39 AM   #18
Heliosprime

Don't quite understand what you are saying. Are you taking what other people say and not checking and thinking for yourself or do you have personal issues with the AADR???
And for the record, I am not connected in any way with either the AADR or the ADBA and have stated why I plan on the AADR show, 4 shows vs 2 shows.
Sorry if you think I singled you out but you are the administrator

Old 10-26-2011, 02:37 PM   #19
Kristoferson

I'd hardly say that the ADBA was at fault. The VA ADBA show that is scheduled on Veteran's Day weekend was a rescheduled show. The original show was in August, the weekend Hurricane Irene came through. Then you had a couple big shows in September (again, NC was low due to issues) and October, and it was slim-pickin' for available dates.

I've showed AADR a few times, but have dropped back since all the drama. That's just my opinion. I tried to get my dog's name corrected on his papers, to no avail, so I didn't really push the issue. I don't really see myself at many, if any, AADR shows in the near future.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #20
PharmACT

Don't quite understand what you are saying. Are you taking what other people say and not checking and thinking for yourself or do you have personal issues with the AADR???And for the record, I am not connected in any way with either the AADR or the ADBA and have stated why I plan on the AADR show, 4 shows vs 2 shows.Sorry if you think I singled you out but you are the administrator
However you do not question the other posters opinion. Ok

Personal issue no. When I have spoke to the owner she was always pleasant. But I have called about 6 months ago and left 3 messages over a weeks time to discuss an issue with papers on one of my dogs and never got a call back. I gave up.

When I had 6 people that went to the TN show tell me the exact same thing I tend to believe it. As well as you saw someone that posted their experience with the show and did not question them.

Not to mention shows are not consistent, few and far between. There are no clubs. Most have dissolved. I know of 3 that broke up due to the AADR and mismanagement and professionalism.

It is directly from officers of former clubs. As well as very good friends who have went to the shows recently. And judges that jumped ship.

My last show was GA's first and only show a few years ago. And even though we did very well. Why is it that the AADR can not keep clubs? You have to ask yourself that. There are no clubs? She is going to states putting on shows. And they are unorganized and sloppy.

I stopped going completely after the owner was in the paper for domestic issue.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And that is why I will not show with the AADR. But just because I do not want to does not mean I am telling others not to. I am only 1 person. Me not going will not break a show. I just stated my reasons why I do not show AADR.

Go have fun. I wish all of you luck. And I heard there will be some great judges there. That are great people. And the club has put ALOT of work into it. Jeanie is great person as well.

My issue is not the club, or the people in the club. Or even personal with the AADR. Because I do not know the owner personally.

Reply to Thread New Thread