LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #1
MegaJIT

Default Rumors of BSL in the Mecklenburg County area (NC)? Is it true?
I have heard rumors of BSL being considered in Charlotte, NC area. I know some people out there that have APBTs and I pass through rather frequently and have been wanting to move their for some time. One of the people I know mentioned it but didn't know any details other than they heard there was talk.

The counties I am most concerned about are: Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, Lincoln, and Gaston Counties.

Like I said I have heard some rumors and just wondering if they are true and what counties/cities they might pertain to.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Also does anyone know of any areas in TN currently at risk of BSL? From what I Understand TN has been pretty quiet lately and hoping it stays that way. Our county voted down BSL a few years back. Thankfully

Old 01-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #2
amberamuletuk

I live just outside the county, but work within the county. I haven't heard that...doesn't mean it isn't true. I do know a little while ago a child was killed by a suspected "pit bull" that was free roaming. After that happened there was a big fuss, but I haven't heard much of it since.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
MegaJIT

Okay thanks. I'm hoping its not true. They heard it from a neighbor. A neighbor who doesn't particularly care for the breed, who tends to complain about their dogs on a daily basis to them. Maybe he was just blowing smoke. We can hope thats all it was. I just know too many people out there that would be affected if a breed ban came to pass. Things have been kind of quiet here which is strange because not too long ago several areas around here in TN had proposed the idea of BSL but haven't heard anything about it since, I'm hoping the whole breed banning thing is dying down a little.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:15 PM   #4
paydayus

Dunno but my great uncle lives in charlotte and a few months back he was telling me that he had heard talk of it down here, he's an old man and has nothing to do but listen to whats going on around there so it may be true, I do know that they did something about having to have chains longer than they previously allowed a while back but thats it

Reply to Thread New Thread