LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
baxodrom

Default Cesar Milan loosing his mind?
So, I was watching a episode of his "worst" cases, and one was with a English bulldog and he said that these short, bow legged, Brachycephalic dogs were used for dog fighting.I'm talking about the modern UKC registered bulldog, hmmmm... sounds like crazy talk to me

Old 01-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
KuznehikVasaN

What do you expect from a guy that believes that ass sniffing prevents dog fights?

Old 01-07-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
ZZtop

I believe, in order to lose something, you must have had it in the first place...

Old 01-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #4
Illisezek

I believe, in order to lose something, you must have had it in the first place...
yep.

i would let a box of rocks handle my dog before id let his dumbass near me..

Old 01-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #5
MidwestMadman

oi. I am loling so hard at this thread. I agree with everything said, and then some. Snake oil salesman for sure, and now hes spouting stuff thats been proven not true? Sheesh.... get it together CM!! Pretty soon you are going to spew some junk that even your diehard followers can't readily dismiss!!

Old 01-07-2011, 11:35 PM   #6
pharmaclid

He had a case where a couple got a dog from Thailand? or somewhere. The dog was terrified and refused to leave the safety of a chair. After working for a veterinary ophthalmology clinic for 5 years, I immediately noticed that the dog had cataracts and was obviously a low vision dog. Not once did he ever mention this or discuss training methods for a low vision dog...he just did his thing as if the dog could see normally. No one ever made mention of it, so I shot a letter off to him but whaddya know, I never heard back. Hey CM, blind dogs can't see hand signals dumbass! I should know, I have a blind dog who is trained with verbal and touch commands.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:56 PM   #7
MichaelfromSpace

He's ignorant. I don't like him,.. at all.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:52 AM   #8
Valdoyes

Some people think they know everything. He is a typical quack. I seen him once on a show where he took a child agressive pit and claimed he could rehabilitate it..and he failed so he sent the family a new dog and kept thiers. Honestly, i dont care what breed, if a dog is child aggressive you cant just rehabilitate it and put it back in the home. The only logical move he made was not giving the pregnant lady the dog he thought "made some improvements". I felt bad for the owner though losing a dog you were told you would get back and not having an option in the matter.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:57 AM   #9
baxodrom

Loling at all the responses! Sooo happy to know it ain't just me, I used to think he was an alright trainer, but lately idk his methods seem rather, how do I put this, well not what I would do. I'll be damned if I have a HA dog, especially towards children.
His theory that you can rehabilitate all dogs is so far from the truth, it's sad that not all can be helped, but hell what can you do.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:02 AM   #10
Valdoyes

Loling at all the responses! Sooo happy to know it ain't just me, I used to think he was an alright trainer, but lately idk his methods seem rather, how do I put this, well not what I would do. I'll be damned if I have a HA dog, especially towards children.
His theory that you can rehabilitate all dogs is so far from the truth, it's sad that not all can be helped, but hell what can you do.
Thats exactaly it, he thinks cause its a pit he needs to save it for publicity he doesnt take into consideration the dog is aggressive towards people. My parents and family MADE my aunt have her standard poodle put down for drawing blood on a person. I dont care about breed when it comes to people agression its people like him that try to rehabilitate those cases that make the whole breed look bad to the media. Most HA dogs WILL repeat offend.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:17 AM   #11
baxodrom

Thats exactaly it, he thinks cause its a pit he needs to save it for publicity he doesnt take into consideration the dog is aggressive towards people. My parents and family MADE my aunt have her standard poodle put down for drawing blood on a person. I dont care about breed when it comes to people agression its people like him that try to rehabilitate those cases that make the whole breed look bad to the media. Most HA dogs WILL repeat offend.
That's exactly how I feel, DA isn't a big deal for me, it comes with the territory, but never HA and never have I owned a human aggressive dog and the first dog I have that bites, or attacks anyone will get put down. There's no need for a HA dog.
Which, I can respect the fact that he does try to publicize the pitbull in a positive perspective, but these dogs aren't for just everyone, and he continues to perpetuate that misconception. I swear sometimes I think he acts that way, so first time dog owners go out and buy a bully breed, including rottweilers, so that they'll have problems with their dog and have to hire him.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:37 AM   #12
Jellowstrom

Sadly, more people believe him than don't, and more and more people will buy into his "techniques" and will try to enforce them, and will believe that you can leave these dogs alone unattended without worries. Too many people watch his show and never realize that what they are seeing is 30 minutes of the best footage of 5 days of video taping, and all the "bad" stuff gets edited out and ends up on the cutting room floor. People don't realize that 30 minute segment is the result of hours and hours and hours of taping. You only get to see what they want you to see, what makes them look like they can "talk" to the dogs... it's all smoke and mirrors, but people swallow it hook, line and sinker!

Old 02-07-2011, 07:02 AM   #13
RafaelYV

"loosing"?
I thought it was already lost...

Old 02-07-2011, 07:17 AM   #14
Buyemae

Loosing? Loosing what, he never had one.

Yeah, we have NatGeo on dish for a bit and I tried watching an episode of that show. Ten minutes in and I'm like, "oh dear god, what a moron". I want my wasted time back, man.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:21 AM   #15
elalmhicabalp

I have never seen him,couldn't even tell you what dude looks like.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:03 AM   #16
pipittujbk

Im kind of indifferent to him i really don't care to be honest i dont use his training methods even though they seam to work lol, and from the few episodes Ive seen, he seams to pretty successful in a lot of his cases.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:15 AM   #17
Teligacio

This is the same asshat that thinks his bred of choice, the Rottweiler, are gladiator dogs. Like seriously... the guy does no research or educating HIMSELF so he can properly educate other people. He just spouts whatever sounds good to him at that time. Ignorance abounds and people fall for it hook line and sinker. It's pathetic.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:27 AM   #18
baxodrom

This is the same asshat that thinks his bred of choice, the Rottweiler, are gladiator dogs. Like seriously... the guy does no research or educating HIMSELF so he can properly educate other people. He just spouts whatever sounds good to him at that time. Ignorance abounds and people fall for it hook line and sinker. It's pathetic.
Wasnt the Rottie a cattle working dog originally? I used to like him at first, for the first couple episodes, now I think he's a moron, who talks out of his ass to get ratings

Old 02-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #19
MidwestMadman

Snake oil salesman

Old 02-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #20
ZZtop

I have never seen him,couldn't even tell you what dude looks like.
I envy you.

Reply to Thread New Thread