LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 06-14-2011, 04:44 AM   #1
Kilaoksrsa

Default Question
Is Razors Edge bloodline pitbull or Ambully?
Also, did Dave Wilson admit to using different breed (Mastiff, and American Bulldogs) to create these shorter, stockier type dogs?

Is this a Bully or APBT

Old 06-14-2011, 04:49 AM   #2
Yarmark

AmBully.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:54 AM   #3
Kilaoksrsa

What exactly is the breed standard for Ambully? And also, why do you say he's Ambullly?

Is Razors Edge pitbull or bully bloodline?

Old 06-14-2011, 04:58 AM   #4
Sarah Armstrong

I've been here 3 years and still do not know the answer.. I have been to several threads with the information, but call me blond, I cant figure it out! (LOOK WISE)

Both mine here are called both (they are rescues so there is no way to know for sure), but a lot say APBT or APBT mix and then I see pics of what some say are definitely ambully and they look like mine are built..

So guess my post was just more or less an I'd like to know as well instead of an answer..

Old 06-14-2011, 05:04 AM   #5
Manteiv

Razors' Edge (RE) is an American Bully bloodline, not a Pit Bull bloodline.
To me the dog pictured looks like an American Bully or some kind of mutt.
You can send a private message to Shon or Vicki for access to the American Bully section.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

ABKC - American Bully Standard

Old 06-14-2011, 05:06 AM   #6
Hinigyday

From what I've learned from this forum, yes, Razor's Edge is an American Bully bloodline, not American Pit Bull Terrier.
Yes, there has been other breeds mixed in, especially in some of the more extreme styles of American Bully. The picture you posted looks to me to be an American Bully. He is blue, large broad head, shorter legs in comparison. He's not an extreme type, but classic I believe. If you look at enough pictures and really study them, you'll realize that they are really quite different looking. Ambullies are shorter, stockier, often blue in color. They have bigger, wider heads, and more "bully" in appearance than the APBT. APBT's are leaner, longer legs, more athletic looking.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:07 AM   #7
Agrisalia

As stated, Razors Edge is an American Bully bloodline.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:08 AM   #8
deethythitoth

I will just say IMO blue was never a APBT standard color also I have not been able to find that color in APBT before a certain year 70 so where did they come from.
I have been to alot of bully shows and have noticed a few things I dont want to get all into it. Most of the time when I see a game looking blue dog w short hair and tight
skin I assume maybe they have a little weinheimer and when they are really bullied out with lots of loose skin I immediately think of what a Neapolitan mastiff bred to a pit would look like now days with the Bully dogs its just hard to tell. So I will just say it may be called a pit but its far from what a pit should be. I also know a few bully breeders that will admit, that not even they believe it to be a pure pit. I am not going to start dropping name though
I will respect anybodies opinion just please dont hate me from mine. I have loved this breed since I was a young kid and have seen many changes in them.
But if you look real hard you will find original dogs and when you stack them up many will fall short. They should act like one and think like one not
just look like one. ok my 2 cents
I would say that dog is a bully

Old 06-14-2011, 05:08 AM   #9
Kilaoksrsa

From what I've learned from this forum, yes, Razor's Edge is an American Bully bloodline, not American Pit Bull Terrier.
Yes, there has been other breeds mixed in, especially in some of the more extreme styles of American Bully. The picture you posted looks to me to be an American Bully. He is blue, large broad head, shorter legs in comparison. He's not an extreme type, but classic I believe. If you look at enough pictures and really study them, you'll realize that they are really quite different looking. Ambullies are shorter, stockier, often blue in color. They have bigger, wider heads, and more "bully" in appearance than the APBT. APBT's are leaner, longer legs, more athletic looking Thanks! I was trying to describe the difference to a friend of mine, and we were at a standstill lol, now I would've considered the dog pictured to be more standard than classic, as classics are taller with overall less body mass. If the dog is 17" tall then wouldn't he still be considered standard??

Old 06-14-2011, 05:12 AM   #10
ChebuRAtoR

blue. genetics. simple.

anyways, RE is an american bully bloodline.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:22 AM   #11
Kilaoksrsa

blue. genetics. simple.

anyways, RE is an american bully bloodline. Now, the blue color in the bullies does stem from the AmStaff and possibly even Mastiffs being bred into the bully bloodline right?

"As a boy growing up, and listening to multiple conversations between my father and visitors such as Collagan, Heinzl Vose, Donovan, and other dogmen from all over the country..never did the word blue appear. There never was a blue Colby dog in my father's yard, nor mine.To my knowledge there was never a blue colored dog reported in any match or sporting event. -" Louis B. Colby

Old 06-14-2011, 05:42 AM   #12
lovespellszz

There HAVE been blue pit dogs. I have seen one's ped before. I bet someone more experienced here could link it. Blue is just a dilution of black. It can occur.

That said, 99% of the time, if the dog is blue, it's not a real APBT.

Razor's Edge is THE American Bully. The start of the American Bully. It doesn't get any "American Bullier" than Razor's Edge.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:50 AM   #13
Yarmark

There HAVE been blue pit dogs. I have seen one's ped before. I bet someone more experienced here could link it. Blue is just a dilution of black. It can occur.

That said, 99% of the time, if the dog is blue, it's not a real APBT.

Razor's Edge is THE American Bully. The start of the American Bully. It doesn't get any "American Bullier" than Razor's Edge.
I have heard knowledgeable people say that too, that there have been once upon a time, a rare blue APBT.. but it was pretty rare back then, and still now.

As for what the dude who "created" the line mixed... I think first off he did start with APBT and AST or SBT.. but then so much other stuff got added in to make them BIGGER and badder looking that who honestly knows.

I have seen everything from Mastiff, Basset, English Bulldog, all the way down to French Bulldogs and Boston Terriers..

Yours looks American Bully/Mutt.. Just like mine He is an AmBully mutt, although when I first started learning anything about these dogs, I would have called him a pitbull, now I know better though.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:48 AM   #14
Manteiv

There HAVE been blue pit dogs.
Can you get a Blue Pit that is 100% APBT?

Off the top of my head, a blue APBT owned by one of our members (ultimatek9) named Patron.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:50 AM   #15
Lictimind

Old 06-14-2011, 07:02 AM   #16
Manteiv

And how, but who cares.

Gr Ch Bellons Club Soga

Old 06-14-2011, 07:11 AM   #17
lovespellszz

That's the one I was talking about.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:16 AM   #18
Manteiv

Here's another.

Barreras Scaramush

Old 06-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #19
darieBarexish

I think the problem is until the idea of the AmBully came in to fruition people where breeding APBT with lots of different goals, some for looks, some for gameness, and many more BYB breeding with no purpose at all, which resulted in a very wide range of dogs all being called APBT. Even now with the division between APBT and AmBullys there is a massive range in the two breeds with the margins blurring. I’m fairly certain that if you had a stocky APBT and a “classic” AmBully, most people wouldn’t be able to tell the difference

Old 06-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #20
lovespellszz

I think the problem is until the idea of the AmBully came in to fruition people where breeding APBT with lots of different goals, some for looks, some for gameness, and many more BYB breeding with no purpose at all, which resulted in a very wide range of dogs all being called APBT. Even now with the division between APBT and AmBullys there is a massive range in the two breeds with the margins blurring. I’m fairly certain that if you had a stocky APBT and a “classic” AmBully, most people wouldn’t be able to tell the difference
The general public probably wouldn't, but they can't tell the difference between an Extreme AmBully and a 25lb APBT...

Reply to Thread New Thread