LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-05-2011, 10:50 PM   #1
aAaBecker

Ty Prada....he is a great boy. I sure love him!

Old 02-06-2011, 02:03 AM   #2
unmalryAlalry

My Spud is 57 pounds, and when I walk him I get people telling me how small he is. It makes me laugh, because every other pit bull I see in my neighborhood is the same size or smaller than him.

Awesome that you're at least trying to teach them the difference, I hope that it helps even one person

Old 03-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
aAaBecker

It might not ever do any good but I understand the importance of getting the info out for the betterment of all bully breeds. Probably will not amount to anything because most people don't care but ya never no I guess.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
KJnbceja

You definitely make it easier for those who want to know the difference in breeds by your visual examples, do you have any pictures of Deuce and Harley sitting next to each other?

Old 03-05-2011, 08:00 PM   #5
M_Marked

Good! You're teaching people that an American Bully is not an APBT...
Now you just need to teach AmBully breeders who say they are!

Old 03-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #6
aAaBecker

Lol.....I don't think I am doing much teaching. But it is easier on me when I try to explain that they are different breeds. I have pics of them next to each other but I can't post them right now because I am on my phone.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:47 AM   #7
aAaBecker

The only pics with the Deuce and Harley together are blurry action shots...sorry. But here are a few to kind of show the difference. Deuce has gotten a bit thicker since I have taken any pics but I hope this helps.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
aAaBecker

Default More people are acting like they get it...
We have been taking our dogs out and about a lot in the last couple of weeks....trying to enjoy the nice weather. Several times we have had people come up asking about our dogs. I tell them Harley is an APBT and Deuce is an Ambully and their first response is usually...."oh, I thought this one (Deuce) was the pit bull." I just say no, the APBT was one of the breeds used to create the Ambully and that one of the reasons breeders register and sell them as pit bulls because the name "pit bull" is what sells.

My point I guess is that now that Deuce is close to full grown, when we have both dogs together and people ask about the breed, it is easier for them to see the big difference in the breeds firsthand. They might not understand or even believe me but I would hope it would raise enough question in their heads to research it a bit. It is definetly so much easier to explain now that I can use both dogs as a visual comparision.

I just figured I would share my semi-successes!

Old 03-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #9
flowersnewaho

I agree and I get it with my boys too everyone thinks that Achilles is the Pit bull and Powder is his son, a nice dog or a mix. But I tell them when they comment whether they are together or not. Powder is more the Apbt type/ish,.. type because he's adopted and I don't know how he's bred. Achilles is more Am Bully or Bully type/ish since I got him off of Craigslist of course advertised as an Apbt but who they said were his parents were there and they were Bullies.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:04 PM   #10
aAaBecker

Before when Deuce was a pup I felt like an idiot trying to do a quick explanation of the difference. People looked at me like I was crazy. But it is easier to say there is no way 2 of her (Harley) could make him (Deuce). Especially in the short time that Ambullys came about.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:44 AM   #11
Goksiodiffeli

Deuce is definitely one of my favourite Bully's here! *swoons*

Reply to Thread New Thread