LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-27-2011, 06:33 AM   #1
TeftyJokip

Default Liability insurance
Realistically...who carries this for their dog specifically? I am looking to rent a new apartment and would like if possible to say I carry this for my dog...but what are the realistic prices and ramifications of this, specifically as a renter? I tried to search but didn't come up with much on the forum or Google, even though it seems to be talked about a bit.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:58 AM   #2
Rugda

I have it for my dogs up to i think 15,000 dollars but I don't remember right off hand...it was only 13 bucks a month it covers everything in my apartment including the acts of my pets....it did not even raise due to owning a pit bull

Old 04-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #3
moopogyOvenny

I'd call State Farm or Farmers first and ask questions. You might have to call a few offices before you get an agent willing to work with you. As a bully breed renter looking for insurance I think you are making a smart move. Its easier to convince someone to rent to you with your own liability insurance.

Also, if you are so inclined, you might consider having your dog CGC certified or take him/her to be temperament tested by the ATTS. Showing the dog is well trained and passed a temperament test means to a landlord that your dog is not likely to destroy the property or attack someone.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
KJnbceja

We checked out our homeowners insurance before we took Trigger on, I called my agent, and it so happens that State Farm is one of few homeowner insurers that have no issues with any type dog. I found out our agent has pit bull too and he loves them!

I think it is wise idea to check it out and get some coverage.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:40 PM   #5
JonnTEN

We have a liability policy with our homeowner's insurance. With dogs and horses on the property, I'd be a fool to not have it. Nothing like a lawsuit from a moron with a scratch or from some wanna-be cowboy who trespassed and tried to ride my horse to result in my family being sent to the poorhouse.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
KJnbceja

We have a liability policy with our homeowner's insurance. With dogs and horses on the property, I'd be a fool to not have it.** Nothing like a lawsuit from a moron with a scratch or from some wanna-be cowboy who trespassed and tried to ride my horse to result in my family being sent to the poorhouse.
*** yep, yep...

Reply to Thread New Thread