LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-20-2011, 10:35 AM   #1
Adwetyren

Default Which is better...
Which do you think a dog would prefer out of the 2 following options.

Crated in the room with you,or in the next room,unable to see you,but able to hear what you are doing.(oh and with another dog)

I often wonder which Mindy would prefer when I'm home and on the pc in the office.
This would be after she has been exercised,and would be sleeping anyway.
She does get crated when I'm out and overnight,I'm only out for a few hours at a time,and she gets an hour plus walking a day,plus comes to work with me for part of the day.
I just sometimes feel bad that she's always gated away in another room.I can't let her in with my dogs when we're all relaxing cos if she's on a bed and one of them wanders near her she flies at them.
I guess there's not much difference really,but I just think the more time out of the crate each day the better?

Old 04-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
OccabsLam

I usually have Bear in his crate when we are not doing anything. He is a puppy and he sleeps a lot still, and after he eats he stays in it for about and hour then its bathroom time. Also I dont 100% trust his potty training yet, he hasnt had an accident in a few weeks, but still, why risk it.
HOWEVER his kennel is in the living room right next to our couch, it is a wire kennel so he can see out all sides, so he can always see us and is always included. If we are eating we pull down part of the blanket over the side so he wont stare lol
I say keep the kennel in the area where you are most so your dog can be with you even though it is still secured. You wouldnt want to stress her or cause anxiety by he being locked away all the time.
I am sure she would enjoy it, and you would too

Reply to Thread New Thread