LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-04-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
xtrslots

Default someone help me
i have a couple of proven game dogs but i have no idea of their bloodlines...should i breed them???????

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

one is redboy cross with my unknown blood

Old 07-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
Loovikeillilen

I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say no.

Do you have papers on them?

Proven?

Old 07-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
Repwailia

Hope you have a helmet on......

Old 07-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
xtrslots

i have no papers ...they all are great in hog hunting.. more game the others with papers ive seen

Old 07-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
Emapymosy

Simple answer.
No.

or
Sarcastic answer.
yes.
There's only 3582085905892854295585589054545 pit bull type dogs dying in shelters every single day. But don't worry, none of your puppies will end up there because you are responsible. Right?

Old 07-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #6
xtrslots

PeytonLove
Silver Member

maybe u should come get one of dogs..ill bet u they are more game than anything on your yard

Old 07-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #7
Ephejvll

How can they be proven with no papers?

No. Do not breed them. There are thousands, no, millions of dogs that die in our shelters every year because of overpopulation. Stop breeding, and just love your damn pets.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #8
deackatera

You'll get various opinions on this.

First off though, A "proven gamedog" is a dog that has been fought against another dog.

If you have not fought these dogs against other dogs, then your dogs are NOT "proven gamedogs".

If you meant that they are "proven hogdogs: as in...they have been used for hog hunting and seem to be good at it, then that's something else entirely.

Since matching dogs is illigal (in many countries) if you ARE matching your dogs, you really ought not be discussing it so publicly.

If you are NOT matching your dogs, then you may want to be carefull about the words you choose as someone may think that's what you mean, and you could get in BIG trouble.

Now...no dog should be bred unless proven in some way. Many feel this requires a "title" in a dog sport or conformation (dog show).

Many more feel that this also requires registration with a kennel club.

But there are those that feel that dogs bred for a purpose (in your case...hog hunting) are exempt from these two rules, as they prove themselves by doing the job they are "bred" to do. If you need a dog to catch a hog...does it really matter if it's registered? Or heck...does it even matter if it's purebred?

Not really. What matters when you breed for a purpose is that you choose dogs that are good for that purpose.

So basically...if you are breeding two good hoggers together in order to produce more good hoggers, then I don't see a huge issue with it.

If you were just breeding an unregistered, untried "pet" to another unregisterd, untried "pet" for a few extra bucks...no way.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #9
CGECngjA

i have no papers ...they all are great in hog hunting.. more game the others with papers ive seen
Are you looking to produce more working hog dogs or pets? Do you have any working homes lined up for the litter?Can you keep pups who do not find GOOD WORKING HOMES.Dogs with high drives are hard to place in homes that do not have an outlet for them. Do not think you can place high drive and game dogs in just anyones home.That isn't gonna fly well when the drives start kickin'.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #10
Zaxsdcxs

There is only 1 way to prove gameness and its illegal across the country. Spewing how game your dogs are is foolish and impossible for you to claim.

And to answer your question. HELL NO! Breeding dogs with no papers makes them nothing more then MUTTS. And there are plenty mutts sitting rotting in shelters already.

DISCLAIMER
Dog Fighting is illegal in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, and the federal Animal Welfare Act prohibits the interstate transportation of dogs for fighting purposes.

Forty-seven states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands have made dogfighting a felony offense. Forty-five states, the District of Columbia, and the Virgin Islands prohibit the possession of dogs for fighting. And 48 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands prohibit being a spectator at a dogfight.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The views herein expressed in this forum do not necessarily reflect those of the posters nor the forum owners and should be viewed strictly as entertainment and for historical purposes only. The posters nor the forum owners either promote or condone any violations of the "Animal Welfare Act of 1976", or any other Local, State and/or Federal Laws.Again, this post should be viewed strictly as entertainment and for historical purposes only!

Old 07-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #11
CGECngjA

You'll get various opinions on this.

First off though, A "proven gamedog" is a dog that has been fought against another dog.

If you have not fought these dogs against other dogs, then your dogs are NOT "proven gamedogs".

If you meant that they are "proven hogdogs: as in...they have been used for hog hunting and seem to be good at it, then that's something else entirely.

Since matching dogs is illigal (in many countries) if you ARE matching your dogs, you really ought not be discussing it so publicly.

If you are NOT matching your dogs, then you may want to be carefull about the words you choose as someone may think that's what you mean, and you could get in BIG trouble.

Now...no dog should be bred unless proven in some way. Many feel this requires a "title" in a dog sport or conformation (dog show).

Many more feel that this also requires registration with a kennel club.

But there are those that feel that dogs bred for a purpose (in your case...hog hunting) are exempt from these two rules, as they prove themselves by doing the job they are "bred" to do. If you need a dog to catch a hog...does it really matter if it's registered? Or heck...does it even matter if it's purebred?

Not really. What matters when you breed for a purpose is that you choose dogs that are good for that purpose.

So basically...if you are breeding two good hoggers together in order to produce more good hoggers, then I don't see a huge issue with it.

If you were just breeding an unregistered, untried "pet" to another unregisterd, untried "pet" for a few extra bucks...no way.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #12
xtrslots

dog fighting is not the only way to prove ur dog is game.. make more hog hunting dogs out of these.... and im not just trya breed dogs and make a dollar id rather all the pups then sell them to an careless owner.. by the way i also have registered dogs

Old 07-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #13
numinertyuesk

There is only 1 way to prove gameness and its illegal across the country. Spewing how game your dogs are is foolish and impossible for you to claim.

And to answer your question. HELL NO! Breeding dogs with no papers makes them nothing more then MUTTS. And there are plenty mutts sitting rotting in shelters already.

DISCLAIMER
Dog Fighting is illegal in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, and the federal Animal Welfare Act prohibits the interstate transportation of dogs for fighting purposes.

Forty-seven states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands have made dogfighting a felony offense. Forty-five states, the District of Columbia, and the Virgin Islands prohibit the possession of dogs for fighting. And 48 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands prohibit being a spectator at a dogfight.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The views herein expressed in this forum do not necessarily reflect those of the posters nor the forum owners and should be viewed strictly as entertainment and for historical purposes only. The posters nor the forum owners either promote or condone any violations of the "Animal Welfare Act of 1976", or any other Local, State and/or Federal Laws.Again, this post should be viewed strictly as entertainment and for historical purposes only!
This pretty much sums it up. Good post Alma!

Old 07-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #14
xtrslots

gameness is the dogs ability not to quit under life or death circumstances

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

some of u sound plp who r suckerd into buying a pup for 800-1000 because some kennel they registerd with.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #15
Ephejvll

gameness is the dogs ability not to quit under life or death circumstances

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

some of u sound plp who r suckerd into buying a pup for 800-1000 because some kennel they registerd with.
I got my dog from my local shelter for $140, but thanks for the assumption about us

Old 07-04-2011, 09:14 PM   #16
xtrslots

thats good for you ....ur dog probaly still isn't worth have of wat u payed or is he..wat has he accomplished

Old 07-04-2011, 09:15 PM   #17
Z2sc8gEz

If you were just breeding an unregistered, untried "pet" to another unregistered, untried "pet" for a few extra bucks...no way.
I agree with this.

I'd, also, suggest culling the litter hard, and doing the breeding just for yourself, not letting the pups out to anyone else.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #18
Zaxsdcxs

dog fighting is not the only way to prove ur dog is game.. make more hog hunting dogs out of these.... and im not just trya breed dogs and make a dollar id rather all the pups then sell them to an careless owner.. by the way i also have registered dogs
I afraid it IS the ONLY way to prove a dogs gameness. If you dont believe me, go to http://www.game-dog.com and tell them about your game dogs and see what they say.

If your have registered dogs then breed away. Im talking about your unregistered dogs. But, I do agree with Prophey in the text quoted below.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #19
xtrslots

Im not breeding these unregisterd dogs to sell they will be kept in the family

Old 07-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #20
Ephejvll

thats good for you ....ur dog probaly still isn't worth have of wat u payed or is he..wat has he accomplished
I don't need my dog to accomplish anything. He is neutered. He obviously will never be breed. I don't plan on showing, obviously. He is a companion animal.

I'm not sure what you meant by "butt buddy" but being rude and trying to make some kind of homosexual remark is not only rude, insulting, and offensive, but against the rules of the forum.

Reply to Thread New Thread