LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-27-2011, 01:00 AM   #1
xtrudood

Default Animal Communicators
AHS also arranged to have Patrick interviewed by an animal communicator, who reported he told her, among other things, ”I am broken, I don’t know why.”

I curious what others think about Animal Communicators? Is this like an animal psychic?

Old 03-27-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
Z2sc8gEz

Never heard of them, but sounds like a good way to take money out of some furmommy's pocket.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:14 AM   #3
xtrudood

I read it here:
Owner of dog that was dumped down trash chute charged with neglect, abandonment - Dog Blogs

Old 03-27-2011, 01:35 AM   #4
EntectCelpelm

Our shelter has one who comes every year...I despise this woman and would not waste a moment of my time or money with her. Though it is funny to have her read the shelter pets.

She told us that one dog she read had not a mean bone in his body and was going to make a wonderful pet. Guess what happened two days later he full on attacked a staff member and had to be put down. Some communicator she was.

She is convinced that all pit bull type dogs have that tic in their brains that make them snap. "the Snapping Gene" she says

Old 03-27-2011, 01:39 AM   #5
xtrudood

STFU!! You can not be serious?!?!? Its official, Ive heard it all. "The Snapping Gene"

Old 03-27-2011, 01:48 AM   #6
Tw1anJOO

I think they are crack pots. Just like the psychics for humans. I find it all to be silly. If you really want to know an animal spend freaking time with it, work with it whether it be OB, agility, etc. I don't get why people think that people can read their minds... Yes, some people may naturally be able to pick up on the smallest things (body language) but they can't read their minds.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:03 AM   #7
twiffatticy

I was given a book written by an "animal communicator". Interesting reading but their was nothing in the book which would not be picked up on by a good observer with reasonable knowledge of animals.

Maybe the best example was the lady who talked to dogs & had to call Cesar Milan to sort out her 2 Doberman. Probably the funniest episode ever....

Old 03-27-2011, 02:41 AM   #8
EntectCelpelm

yes the snapping gene. She can look at a dog and tell you it's going to snap. Because pit bulls are just hardwired that way XD

Old 03-27-2011, 03:25 AM   #9
berdyanskdotsu

I think it's all a big pile of horse shit.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:25 AM   #10
cemDrymnVem

Met the lady in charge of the local humane society one night, she said she could 'listen' to dogs. That is messed up. Humane Society + Dog Listener.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:38 AM   #11
HedgeYourBets

I can read dog shit just like tea leaves. Think I can put this talent to use?

Old 03-27-2011, 06:42 AM   #12
Z2sc8gEz

I'll hire you, Zoe...Will you clean up the poo after you read it? lol.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:53 AM   #13
robstamps

STFU!! You can not be serious?!?!? Its official, Ive heard it all. "The Snapping Gene"
I have the snapping gene...it happens when people spew garbage about pit bulls.

"What kind of pit bull is that?" he says, as Rigby takes a dump in my front yard.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:09 AM   #14
soydaykam

I totally believe it. Who doesn't? My dog talks to me all the time. He just told me he is going to lie down and lick his balls, which he did!

Old 03-27-2011, 07:31 AM   #15
HedgeYourBets

I'll hire you, Zoe...Will you clean up the poo after you read it? lol.
Ya sure... why not.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #16
cemDrymnVem

I can read dog shit just like tea leaves. Think I can put this talent to use?
I can picture a scenario:

Dog shit is soft, smelly and abundant.
Reader says: Your dog is not happy and is very upset. You must have done something really terrible to upset him. You didn't hit him did you?

Dog shit is small, hard and lacks smell:
Reader says: Your dog is very sad, so sad he doesn't even want to poo. Maybe he is missing someone. How is your marriage? You husband hasn't left you, has he?

Old 03-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #17
xtrudood

Zoe, I say go for it. Some people are foolish enough to think people can read a dogs mind, yours actually seems more believable.. Especially when you put it like rguerra did!

You guys are all cracking me up!!

Old 03-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #18
Emapymosy

I can picture a scenario:

Dog shit is soft, smelly and abundant.
Reader says: Your dog is not happy and is very upset. You must have done something really terrible to upset him. You didn't hit him did you?

Dog shit is small, hard and lacks smell:
Reader says: Your dog is very sad, so sad he doesn't even want to poo. Maybe he is missing someone. How is your marriage? You husband hasn't left you, has he?
This is great.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:51 PM   #19
Adiamant

Animal Communicators?

At breakfast today, I asked my dog what he thought about Animal Communicators and if he would be willing to go to one together. Needless to say he seemed put off and irritated by the question. Maybe it was because I interrupted his morning cup of coffee while he was in the middle of an interesting news article, nonetheless, he put down the paper and said this, "why are you humans always trying to talk to us? Look, just stop trying so hard, geez, we are not that complicated. Just feed me, exercise me, let me sleep, and occasionally hump that cute standard poodle next door with the fancy hairdo and I'll be happy. Enough of your stupid psychobabble, as it gives me a headache. I have better things to do with my time. Now excuse me while I lick my ass, and can you get me another cup of coffee? Lighter on the sugar, please?"

Needless to say I felt pretty stupid for trying to have a serious discussion with my dog over breakfast, and was a upset about being dismissed so curtly.He did mumble something about a desire to study 14th century architecture when he could find some spare time, after he finishes re-landscaping the back yard. Maybe when he is less distracted, I can readdress the subject with him as it seems a little more insight into his attitude would be helpful. I feel we are growing apart recently, which I can only attribute to the fact that we just don't talk as much anymore. Therapy or counseling might help if I could just get him to see that and go with me. I heard of a great animal communicator who only charges $175 per hour, though I would pay anything if she could help us get our relationship back on the right track.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:11 PM   #20
ringsarcle

They're full of sh!t.

Reply to Thread New Thread