LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-16-2011, 08:36 AM   #1
Xavier_Spinner_Wheels

Default Opinions on the NAPDR
I was just wondering what everyone thought about the North American Purebred Dog Registry (NAPDR). and plz, no long winded answers about the super duper terrific mega wonderfull UKC and how there the only real registry and how those of us who own apbt's not registered to them are not apbt's. plz, im so tired of hearing that. thnx everyone

Old 03-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
flueftArete

IMO the NAPDR is on the same lines as the CKC and APRI, and others like them, they are BS registries, designed for BYB's and puppy mills. And, no, the UKC is not the only registry for the APBT, I personally wouldn't own a UKC dog as their standard is too far from what an APBT should look like, again in my opinion. I only go with ADBA, but I know many others also use AADR.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
Xbcofega

Well here is information directly from their website:

"professional dog registry service"
"Inc" (incorporated...as in business versus organization)

How do they determine if a dog is purebred? No pictures. No proof of pedigree. Just "fill out this application, and send $10."

What is the reason behind this registry? Who the heck knows? Their "About Us" page is copying what the rest of their site says, and then says, "due to the overwhelming response to register other breeds" (aka "we saw an easy way to make money...")

Overall opinion: Forget NAPDR, send me $9.99, and I'll 'register' your dog for you in my very own registry I created, and I'll even send a certificate to you.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
primaveraloler

i agreewith everyone, added on top, i wouldnt consider half the dogs on UKC as APBT. and thats beng nice.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:28 PM   #5
Lipitorseffec

Well BFKC is an LLC and I trust them more than I do the adba. Sure, BFKC may not put on shows and they just register dogs, but you won't find any bullies registered with them unless its been hung on a real apbt papers. So not all registries operating as a business are crap. Hell no one will take ckc, not even most small; business registries. I have to wonder why of all the kennels I see online,why do they havea dog registered with the adba and dual register it with ckc.
And then there is NKC, I know of dog men that register their dogs with them and not the adba or aadr.
But this NAPDR is not one of these. Sure they will register your dog, but they are really just there for the money.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:01 PM   #6
Xavier_Spinner_Wheels

some ppl register there dogs with the NAPDR, not because they are byb's or puppy millers(as i've been told so many times b4 when asking this question) but because most of the larger registries charge ridiculousely high prices and require your dog have a minimum of 3 generations b4 even considering a dog for registration. there are some that have had 3 or more gens of apbt in there family but could do nothing about registering them because the foundation of those three or more gens of dogs didnt have 3 or more gens registered b4 them. just the way i see it

Old 03-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #7
Lipitorseffec

That is a problem. How do you know it is an apbt if you only 3 generations are known? You cant so that would make it crap to me. I wouldn't buy anything that I didn't know how its bred for at least 6 gen, and if It's six generations of dogs that are well known I then know how they are bred for many more generations back.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:24 PM   #8
flueftArete

some ppl register there dogs with the NAPDR, not because they are byb's or puppy millers(as i've been told so many times b4 when asking this question) but because most of the larger registries charge ridiculousely high prices and require your dog have a minimum of 3 generations b4 even considering a dog for registration. there are some that have had 3 or more gens of apbt in there family but could do nothing about registering them because the foundation of those three or more gens of dogs didnt have 3 or more gens registered b4 them. just the way i see it
That actually sounds like a line a BYB would say to make some money. The reason registries won't register dogs without their known lineage is because there is no way to prove they are purebred. You can believe your BYB crap all you want, but it sounds like a hunk of bull to me.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:30 PM   #9
Xavier_Spinner_Wheels

i was useing 3 gens as a prime example of the requirements of most registries, haveing studied breed history, comformation and many other specifics of the apbt, i believe with 100% certainty that the dogs I have raised are pure apbt's, but i will let u guys decide if i am incorrect in this. plz review my uploaded pics because for some odd reason it isnt letting me insert any pics in this thread lol

Old 03-16-2011, 11:31 PM   #10
Lipitorseffec

That actually sounds like a line a BYB would say to make some money. The reason registries won't register dogs without their known lineage is because there is no way to prove they are purebred. You can believe your BYB crap all you want, but it sounds like a hunk of bull to me.
I agree! My problem is registries themselves. The problem- I can go out and get any back yard bred street dog for 50.00 ,go to online peds and get a name of a dog that some moron happened to put the reg numbers on and find out who owns it,their name,look em up online and fill out the single reg paper,send it in and bobs yer uncle,papered dog. They don't let the actual owners of the dog know anything.Thats one of my many problems with registries.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:38 PM   #11
Xavier_Spinner_Wheels

If by BYB u mean that I dont have a major facility or that my dogs dont have multigenerational background paperwork (which can easily be hung) then i must be a BYB but (and think about this) by the standard for a BYB today, John P Colby would be considered one if he was trying to start the colby bloodline in todays society. not really trying to upset anyone, just stateing my opinion of the way i percieve things 2 be nowadays

Old 03-16-2011, 11:43 PM   #12
Lipitorseffec

there is a difference between a byb and a peddler

Old 03-17-2011, 12:06 AM   #13
Xavier_Spinner_Wheels

there is a difference between a byb and a peddler
this is true. as far as me breeding my dogs (which I seldom do) I make sure to try to know as much as i can about the dogs i breed. i will never breed a dog that shows the smallest hint of ppl aggresion, i wont have em on my yard ( and prefer they be put down) also, b4 i sell a pupp to anyone i make sure that they are up to date on all there shots, and i like to meet the potential owners personally so that i know one of my dogs isnt going to some asshole with a he-man complex

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM --------

Old 03-17-2011, 12:21 AM   #14
Opislossy

Just another tool for BYB to use to register their non papered dogs, nothing more nothing less.

And as for the Colby Family, all their dogs are dual registered with the UKC/ADBA. When forming the ADBA all their dogs were already registered with the UKC which provided the legitimate paper trail to make the ADBA a ( at the time ) respectable registry.

Maybe if these fly-by-night registries followed a similar form of practice, maybe then they could be considered a legitimate registry.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #15
UKkoXJvF

Well BFKC is an LLC and I trust them more than I do the adba. Sure, BFKC may not put on shows and they just register dogs, but you won't find any bullies registered with them unless its been hung on a real apbt papers. So not all registries operating as a business are crap. Hell no one will take ckc, not even most small; business registries. I have to wonder why of all the kennels I see online,why do they havea dog registered with the adba and dual register it with ckc.
And then there is NKC, I know of dog men that register their dogs with them and not the adba or aadr.
But this NAPDR is not one of these. Sure they will register your dog, but they are really just there for the money.
You may not find Bullies but you will find Merles, and even blue dogs with Warchdog/chaos/falin and so forth.

While BFKC is more reputable than CKC. All it is is a database. You send them money and you have a piece of paper saying the dog is pure bred. The only difference is the owner of the BFKC is a well known dogman. But to him it is nothing but a side business that pretty much is pure profit. Only exspences he has is paper, ink, and postage.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:41 AM   #16
Xavier_Spinner_Wheels

i agree with what you say about the colby family and there dogs and the ADBA, but as far as the so called fly by night registries, maybe they could fallow in the footsteps of UKC/ADBA if such organizations would accept them and not be closed off to them because there registries havent been around since the 1930's at the latest. and im sure that at one time that the UKC was, and still is considered a crap registry by the AKC and other large registries, just as the NAPDR and others are considered to be today by the obove mentioned registries. ( food for thought)

Old 03-17-2011, 12:45 AM   #17
flueftArete

If by BYB u mean that I dont have a major facility or that my dogs dont have multigenerational background paperwork (which can easily be hung) then i must be a BYB but (and think about this) by the standard for a BYB today, John P Colby would be considered one if he was trying to start the colby bloodline in todays society. not really trying to upset anyone, just stateing my opinion of the way i percieve things 2 be nowadays
If you don't know multiple generations of your dogs, and you are breeding them, then yes, you probably are a BYB. I know multiple generations of my dogs, and they are also ADBA registered. If you get your dogs from reputable sources, you shouldn't have to worry about paper hanging. Again, a registry that registers dogs without proven lineage is worthless, and just a tool for people breeding mutts to use to sell their mutts to people that don't know better.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:47 AM   #18
Xavier_Spinner_Wheels

If you don't know multiple generations of your dogs, and you are breeding them, then yes, you probably are a BYB. I know multiple generations of my dogs, and they are also ADBA registered. If you get your dogs from reputable sources, you shouldn't have to worry about paper hanging. Again, a registry that registers dogs without proven lineage is worthless, and just a tool for people breeding mutts to use to sell their mutts to people that don't know better.
hey is there any way i can get a sig under my name that says resident BYB?

and i dont raise mutts

Old 03-17-2011, 12:53 AM   #19
TudareWQT

You sound like a classic BYB to me. Your dogs are of unknown linage and I bet you don't even show them. I guess you can't, right, if the aren't papered....

Stop breeding your dogs and take a walk through your local shelter. I'm willing to bet that more than half of the dogs at your shelter are "pit bulls". And they got there because people like you insist on breeding them.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:59 AM   #20
Opislossy

You sound like a classic BYB to me. Your dogs are of unknown linage and I bet you don't even show them. I guess you can't, right, if the aren't papered....

Stop breeding your dogs and take a walk through your local shelter. I'm willing to bet that more than half of the dogs at your shelter are "pit bulls". And they got there because people like you insist on breeding them.
Very well said.

Reno, what makes your dogs worth more than the average bred dog that one can find in a WalMart parking lot ?

People like you are what is destroying this breed. I can guaren-damn-ty that whatever it is you breed will sooner or later end up in the shelter on death row.

How much do you sells these little cherubs for anyways ?

Reply to Thread New Thread