LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-14-2011, 04:23 AM   #1
Guaranano

The lab one is a good one also, yes they do have different colors. There are purebred labs that have a kind of tan point coloring like a dobe or rottie.

Alot of different breeds had other colors, people bred them out to fit standards. which I think is a stupid idea to bred out colors to fit a standard besides ones that cause issues such as albinism (sp). case in point the irish setter, there was a red and white too, just as pretty and just as good at getting birds. Why remove it? who knows.

Thanks for the responses and keep em coming if someone else has something to add.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
traithJah

I think a lot has to do with people not being too happy when they realize that they basically got fooled into believing that they had something superior or special.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
Poll Pitt

Since someone brought it up. How do you respond to someone that says, "Nice blue pit"? I know he isn't a APBT. I know what he is. But on the fly, do I just say thanks or do I break it down. Some people don't stop long enough to let them know the diffrence. So should I just say, "He is a boxer, but thanks"? LOL

Old 03-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
GennadiyRom

oh, let's see, today on craigslist, there was an ad for a future litter of APBT pups. The mom was "half rednosed, half bluenosed," (pic was of a black and white dog) and the dad was a pure bluenose.

You can't always fix stupid.
No doubt. I had some guy INSISTING that Scarling was a ''red nose''.

Ummmm.... ok then. Of course when I told him his ''blue nose Razor's Edge'' dog was an American Bully, he pretty well gave me the same look as I was giving him.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:13 AM   #5
Guaranano

hahahaha That is so silly someones going to argue your girl is a "red nose" when the proof is right under their nose. its blatantly obvious shes a black nose :P

Old 03-15-2011, 05:21 AM   #6
GennadiyRom

Ya... tons of clueless people in my area. I had another guy, with a brindle dog, with a black nose, tell me he was a ''blue nose''. I wasn't in the mood to argue so just told him he was a good lookin' guy and walked on.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #7
Zfdeisde

A few days ago someone asked me if my dog was a blue nose i told them "No she's a green nose"

they looked at me like i was an idiot xD

Old 03-15-2011, 11:29 AM   #8
Guaranano

Zoe- Ive been there, just nod and smile. You can tell some conversations just arent worth it.

Blank- I like to screw with people too sometimes, just bc they are so silly and unreceptive to others thoughts and opinions.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:52 AM   #9
Guaranano

Default Red nose
I meet MANY people who, when asked what bloodline their dog is, reply "oh he is a pureblood red nose, cant ya see his nose!?!" or " Shes a fawn, thats the only bloodline my breeder has." I try to explain that is not the line they are from but they say "well my breeder said so and he breeds them", and they ask what I mean.
My question is how do I explain to someone who hasnt a clue about lines that red nose is a color along with fawn? Im never good with words but I understand the difference, I just wish I could back up my words.
Thanks -Erica

Old 05-04-2011, 03:56 AM   #10
invest7manager

I always love when people ask me if my dog has rednose in her, and I look down and say "uh, she IS a rednose." As far as politely educating, there's not a whole lot you can say. Rednose is a color. Brindle is a color. Blue is a color. White... yeah, you get the point. You may have a black/tan Doberman or a red/tan Doberman, but its still a Doberman pinscher no matter what color it is. So many people want to believe that what they're breeding is special in some way that they make stuff up.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:33 AM   #11
primaveraloler

tell them to look at a crayon, and ask them what color it is.. lol

Old 10-03-2011, 08:59 AM   #12
Guaranano

Thanks you two, Good one about the crayon
When it comes down to it I guess some people are just special and no amount of explainin is going to fix stupid. Some actually do absorb information tho, so thank god for those, as few and far between they may be.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:20 PM   #13
patrycjakolekk

I use labs as an example. There's chocolate labs, yellow labs, and black labs. They are all Labrador retrievers, you can breed them together, and have different colors in the same litter. They are all the same breed, they are just different colors.

You'd be surprised at how well this works for most people.

Bahamutt mentioned dobies...also an excellent example to use when explaining to people.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #14
SteantyjetMaw

oh, let's see, today on craigslist, there was an ad for a future litter of APBT pups. The mom was "half rednosed, half bluenosed," (pic was of a black and white dog) and the dad was a pure bluenose.

You can't always fix stupid.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #15
Lictimind

People ask me all the time if my pit is a "blue nose" or "red nose". I just say, "nope, just a pit with a regular old nose". They usually don't get it, anyway, so I try not to convince them otherwise :P

Old 11-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #16
pitoufsd

You could say
"yeah, she's got a rednose, just like you have blonde hair"
Or, my new favorite
"She's a pound puppy, no papers mean she could be a Chihuahua for all I know"

Old 12-04-2011, 06:24 AM   #17
invest7manager

On the Lab thing, I find it interesting that Labs are produced in all sorts of unacceptable colors, but nobody ever talks about them. And now the new thing is the "rare" silver Lab (ie, Weim cross).

Reply to Thread New Thread