LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-19-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
koebforfrn

Default I'm looking for feedback from ADBA show people....
...do you think this bitch would do well (eg. CH title at least, maybe GRCH?) in the ADBA conformation ring? She is currently UKC only but she is CH with 2 legs toward GRCH so she has done well. She was placed in a working home at a young age so she has matured into an incredibly athletic and well conditioned girl. I know it is difficult to evaluate a dog from pictures so I tried to include several shots. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
(The missing hair on her thighs is from her weight pull harness...)

Freestack

Hand Stacked

Front

Old 02-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
DraidodaRip

i think she looks real nice, but the one id be wanting to see this is Boogieman. if anyone knows whats up its him.

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

do you have a link to her ped?

Old 02-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
Lapsiks

Not an expert here, but I think she looks lovely.

What are the abrasions on her hindquarters - weight pull equipment?

Old 02-20-2011, 12:18 AM   #4
Mimsykzr

looks like it's on the widest part of her hams....which are rather...large. lol

She may get that just from lying down.

But my first thought is they both actually look realy swollen
l
I now they're not called "hams" I just can't help thinking of them that way with this breed...and she is the PERFECT example as to why. lol

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

but...I would kill for a bitch like that.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

I think she could do with a bit more conditioning for ADBA though.

Old 02-20-2011, 04:51 AM   #5
Indidockobeni

She is very pretty but a little bunchie in the back end ...You could give her a try I see no reason why she could not place

Old 02-20-2011, 05:50 AM   #6
GennadiyRom

I love her. That is all. lol

Old 02-20-2011, 02:02 PM   #7
Dweplyododo

She's a beautiful girl!

Old 02-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #8
koebforfrn

Thank you all for your compliments and feedback!

@Lee D- I sent a PM to "Boogieman" are there any other experienced ADBA people I could ask?

@Madalinemom- The missing hair on her "hams" is from her weight pull harness. The harness fits her well but her rear muscling is absolutely unreal and when she sweeps, her butt rubs against the sides if her harness.

@CelticKarma- is that what you mean by being "bunchie" in the back end (over muscled in the rear)? From a UKC perspective, Serena is probably over muscled for a female but I DON'T CARE!! She is a working dog first and foremost so she needs to be well conditioned and lean. I will probably have to put weight on her to finish her UKC GRCH title.

@Gatorpit- could you please explain what "a bit more conditioning" means? Do you think she should be leaner, have more muscle definition? I appreciate the feedback but I need a little more clarification.

I have (of course) studied the ADBA breed standard and I get hung up on the part about the dog showing a "hint" of rib and backbone. All of Serena's ribs are clearly visible (so more than a "hint" IMO) but she shows NO backbone and I don't want to have to take weight off of her so that she does. I have seen some ADBA dogs that look like walking skeletons with eyes sunken in and bones protruding out everywhere. What disturbs me is that I have seen these emaciated dogs WIN over what I felt were beautiful, well conditioned APBT's that simply weren't as "bony".

Old 02-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #9
12Cickprior

Well most the people are at a show now so probably when they get home you might get some more responses

Old 02-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #10
DraidodaRip

Well most the people are at a show now so probably when they get home you might get some more responses
yep. thats exactly what i was thinking. the board is kinda quiet without Boogie on. i'll make up for it...
turds,turds,turds,turds,turds,turds,turds,turds,tu rds,turds,turds,turds,turds,turds,turds,turds,turd s,turds,turds,turds,turds
that should get us up to quota for awhile

Old 02-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #11
koebforfrn

oooooohhhhhh, I didn't realize there was an ADBA show this weekend! Thank you for letting me know. I will check back in a few days.

@leeD- turds??

Old 02-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #12
DraidodaRip

Boogie likes the word "turds" alot, so i had to throw a few out there for him

Old 02-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #13
feedcomnet

yep. thats exactly what i was thinking. the board is kinda quiet without Boogie on. i'll make up for it...
turds,turds,turds,turds,turds,turds,turds,turds,tu rds,turds,turds,turds,turds,turds,turds,turds,turd s,turds,turds,turds,turds
It has been really quiet around here. Kind of interferes with my Sunday ritual of laying in bed all day drinking coffee and dicking around on the internet.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #14
Aafimoq

I've shown in UKC quite a bit, and in ADBA a few times. I've had the chance to talk to judges a few times. She is a very nice dog, I think it's realistic to show her. I agree w/CelticKarma's comment that she's a bit bunchie in the rear. In ADBA they are looking for long lean muscle. I had a judge make the same comment to me about my female. I think her tailset is higher than what they prefer in ADBA, UKC dog's tend to have a more shallow angle between croup and hip, and a higher tailset. She looks like she's got a slightly upright shoulder, short upper arm, slightly shallow chest, but nothing extreme atall. I am nit-picking, overall, she is a very nice female. It is much harder, at least in the North East, to get a championship in ADBA than in UKC. There's way more competition here. Lots less shows, too.

I'm surprised she's lost that fur pulling. I saw the video you had posted from the APA pull, she looked nice. I was pulling Soleil 3 or more times a week, and never saw any hair loss. I'm around pull dogs a lot, and that's unusual. Maybe another type of padding fabric might suit her.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #15
Sowsunese

Don't forget the green weenies!

Anyways, back on topic. I think she is beautiful. Seems to be in good condition to me. Now I am not an ADBA show person but I am trying to learn more myself so anybody please correct me if I am wrong, but I think it seems like she might need a little more angulation in the rear end (maybe that is what CK meant by bunched?). But again I am still learning so don't take my word for it lol. Either way though I love her

Oh forgot to add, it may have just been the way she was standing that made her stifles look somewhat straight to an amateur like me

Old 02-20-2011, 08:40 PM   #16
Indidockobeni

@CelticKarma- is that what you mean by being "bunchie" in the back end (over muscled in the rear)? From a UKC perspective, Serena is probably over muscled for a female but I DON'T CARE!! She is a working dog first and foremost so she needs to be well conditioned and lean. I will probably have to put weight on her to finish her UKC GRCH title. Yes, My Nikki has a lot of UKC stuff on her bottom half, for a whole year when showing ADBA every judge told me she was too bunchie in the back end, so when I seen your dog I knew right away that she was bunchie, there are lots of things you can do with her to elongate the muscle in that area, it is just finding what works. With Nikki it was running up stairs and cardio along with some long rub downs afterward.

Yep....everyone is in FL but me dang it ~pouts~....

Old 02-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #17
DraidodaRip

im in Iowa...Florida is too far away for a weekend road trip ~also pouting~

Old 02-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #18
Sowsunese

I am just too busy, I wanted to go, It is only 5 hours away from me. But I go to school full time, so I can not afford to miss work on Saturdays

Old 02-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #19
ordercigsnick

I never get to go to any of the Florida shows lol Probably won't make it to any NC shows this year either...

OP, gorgeous girl! I'm a noob when it comes to conformation standards, but she looks great to me.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #20
koebforfrn

I've shown in UKC quite a bit, and in ADBA a few times. I've had the chance to talk to judges a few times. She is a very nice dog, I think it's realistic to show her. I agree w/CelticKarma's comment that she's a bit bunchie in the rear. In ADBA they are looking for long lean muscle. I had a judge make the same comment to me about my female. I think her tailset is higher than what they prefer in ADBA, UKC dog's tend to have a more shallow angle between croup and hip, and a higher tailset. She looks like she's got a slightly upright shoulder, short upper arm, slightly shallow chest, but nothing extreme atall. I am nit-picking, overall, she is a very nice female. It is much harder, at least in the North East, to get a championship in ADBA than in UKC. There's way more competition here. Lots less shows, too.

I'm surprised she's lost that fur pulling. I saw the video you had posted from the APA pull, she looked nice. I was pulling Soleil 3 or more times a week, and never saw any hair loss. I'm around pull dogs a lot, and that's unusual. Maybe another type of padding fabric might suit her.
Thank you SO much! This is exactly the type of feedback I am looking for!! I appreciate all the comments and compliments from others as well! Serena was bred to fit the UKC conformation standard so I expect that there are differences and I am trying to learn

In regaurds to her being bunchie, could anyone post a pic of the perfered ADBA muscule definition, specificly in the rear. I had a UKC judge tell me that Serena's sire is "too bully" in the rear and I almost died laughing right there in the ring! (Serena gets the crazy muscling from her daddy but he is just as well balanced as his progeny so the idea of him being "bully" was quite funny to me...) I agree with the high tail set even from a UKC perspective.

I will check with her co owner on the hair loss and harness padding. Maybe she needs a wider spreader bar?

Sorry to those of you who are missing shows this weekend. I am supposed to be at a UKC show and pull in UT this weekend but... oh well. Hard times

Reply to Thread New Thread