LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 12-24-2010, 02:12 AM   #1
GrileVege

Default The joy of winter
On warmer days I usually take the dogs for a two hour walk, but lately it's only been about a half an hour to an hour because of the cold. Today Luna has been crazy puppy, so I thought a walk might be a good idea. I was so, so wrong.

I geared up, and as soon as Luna saw the leash, she tried to dive under the couch. She hasn't realized yet that she can no longer fit under there. After watching her trying to squeeze her big noggin under there for a while, just for amusements sake, I snaped on the leash and out we went. Quinn (Rat terrier) was plugging along, happy as can be. Where's Luna? Dragging along behind, with her back humped up like a camel. I give her a snap of the leash, hoping to motivate her, and all I get is the sad "I'm abused" look. We're only about 15 min. into the walk, and so I break out the bribes, dried chicken liver. Luna starts backing up and pulling for home. Not getting her desired response, she decides to just lay down. Won't budge.

I got all my excercise tonight just from carrying her home. I'm buying a treadmill after x-mas.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:29 AM   #2
glazgoR@

I don't even attempt to walk Lucy in the winter. She's overjoyed by the snow in the yard, but as soon as I take her off the property she turns into a big sissy about all the ice and snow touching her fragile paws. Worse if the poor abused girl has to walk through a puddle.

Old 12-24-2010, 03:22 AM   #3
irrelaAnnekly

Sounds like my Bam Bam hes good while in the yard,but when I try to burn some of his energy by walking and he acts like im killing him by taking him out.He has a hoodie so as long as he stays moving I think he will be fine.

Old 12-24-2010, 03:24 AM   #4
hernkingAnank

My girls don't mind the snow, so long as the smoothies (Gypsy and Marsha) have their coats on. The trips are a little shorter, but they are happy to go.

Old 12-24-2010, 03:28 AM   #5
Lymnempomma

Pooh can't get enough of the snow! We have quite a bit of it and he wants to go out constantly lately. He really likes that he can see all the rabbits outside. They stand out against the white background and they have no leaves on the bushes and trees to hide in. He likes burying his face in the snow...he's probably looking for moles or something. And he loves loves loves to eat ice...so this is like a smorgasbord for him!

Old 12-24-2010, 04:48 AM   #6
glazgoR@

My girls don't mind the snow, so long as the smoothies (Gypsy and Marsha) have their coats on. The trips are a little shorter, but they are happy to go.
@ "smoothies".

Old 12-25-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
oneliRafmeene

Star loves snow

Reply to Thread New Thread